GCET 2022: Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
GCET 2022 Application Form will be released from the 1st week of May 2022 through offline mode only. Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is a state level entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Alto, Porvorim – Goa. The examination will be conducted for the candidates seeking admission in various professional degree courses like B.Tech. & B.Arch. Qualified candidates of the examination will get admission in various courses govt. and Private institution across the Goa. The admission in B.Arch. Courses will be offered on the basis of NATA score. Through this article, we have provided the complete details candidates needs to know regarding the GCET 2022 exam.
GCET 2022 Exam Dates
Following are the complete tentative exam dates for the GCET 2022 Examination:
|Prospectus upload||Last week of March 2022|
|Application Form releases||1st week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit application form at application centre (without late fee)||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit application form at DTE (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)||2nd week of June 2022|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of June 2022|
|GCET 2022 Exam Date||3rd week of June 2022|
|Result declaration||4th week of June 2022|
|Counselling process||1st week of July 2022|
GCET 2022 Application Form
Following are the complete details with some key instructions regarding the GCET Application form 2022:
- The Application Form can be submitted through offline mode.
- The Application Form submission process will be started from the 1st week of May 2022.
- The application form will be released for eligible candidates only, so candidates must confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination.
- Candidates must fill the application form very carefully as there won’t be any correction facility for the application form.
- The details like Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name etc. should be spell same as it appears in their 10th marksheet, any alteration can cause rejection of application form.
- The last date for submission of application form will be 2nd week of June 2022, candidates must submit their application form before the prescribed date.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The Application Fee can be submitted through offline mode only. Candidates will have to pay Rs.1500/- (For both B.Tech. and B.Arch.) as application fee through approved mode.
GCET Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete Eligibility Criteria for the GCET 2022 Admission:
- Nationality: Candidates must be the citizen of India to be eligible for admission.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be at least 17 years old as on or before 31st December 2022 to be eligible for GCET 2022.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subject in the qualifying examination.
- Marks: Applying candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% Marks for reserved category).
- Score Card: Candidates should have scored valid marks in the NATA 2022 examination to be eligible for admission in Architecture courses.
GCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The complete exam pattern for the GCET 2022 Examination will be as foll0ws:
- Mode of Examination: The GCET 2022 examination will be organized through offline mode (OMR).
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be allotted to the candidates for solving the GCET 2022 Question paper.
- No. of Questions: Each paper will be consist of total 75 questions.
- Questions Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There won’t be any negative marking in the examination.
GCET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for the examination will be consist of various topics from the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The level of questions will be prepared for the examination from the PCM of 11th and 12th subjects.
Candidates can check the complete syllabus for the examination from the official information bulletin. The GCET 2022 Information bulletin will be made available through online mode only.
GCET Preparation Tips
Following are some tips and tricks for better preparation of examination:
- Go through the complete syllabus and Exam pattern.
- Solve previous years and sample papers.
- Participate in the mock test.
- Revise your previous academic syllabus.
- Makes the notes and revise them accordingly.
- Make the proper time schedule for study and follow it strictly.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
GCET 2022 Hall Ticket
The Hall ticket will be released by the authority few days before the schedule of examination. Authority will release the GCET 2022 hall tickets for every registered candidates individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their hall ticket from the 2nd week of June 2022.
The GCET Admit card/ Hall Ticket will be an important document to be carried out on the day of examination as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without valid admit card.
GCET 2022 Answer Key
The Answer key will be released by the authority after few days from the completion of examination. Candidates will be able to check their answer key from the website of authority through online mode.
The Answer key will be consist of correct answers of every asked question in the entrance exam. Through the answer key, candidates will be able to predict their marks in the examination even before the declaration of result.
GCET 2022 Result
The GCET Result 2022 will be prepared by the exam conducting authority on the basis of GCET Answer key. Authority will release the result for every exam participated candidates individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their result from the 4th week of June 2022.
GCET Result 2022 will be consist of candidates performance in the entrance examination. Candidates must keep their result safe till the completion of admission procedure.
GCET 2022 Counselling
The Counselling procedure will be conducted by the exam conducting authority for offering admission in various offered programs. Authority will conduct the counselling procedure for every qualified candidates from the entrance exam through online mode. Candidates will be able to register themselves for the counselling procedure from the 1st week of July 2022.
The counselling procedure will be followed by the various rounds including Registration, Choice Filling, Allotment and reporting at the allotted centre. Every candidate will have to complete all the rounds to be eligible for admission.
The admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of their rank in the merit list. The top rank holder in the merit list will get first preference at the time of admission.
If you have any other queries regarding GCET 2022, you can write your queries in the comment section given below.