IGNOU Entrance 2020 Eligibility, Check IGNOU OPENMAT Criteria
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is the premier distance education learning centre. It regulates various diploma, certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It offers programmes in the field of arts, science, commerce and other. This University conducts various entrance exams like IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI and XLVII for management courses, IGNOU OPENNET for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme and many other entrance exams. Through this article, we are facilitating the candidates with IGNOU Entrance 2020 Eligibility.
IGNOU Entrance 2020 Eligibility
To be eligible for IGNOU admission, it is must for the students to meet the eligibility conditions which is set by the University. Before filling IGNOU admission form 2020, students are advised to ensure their eligibility for admission.
Eligibility requirements differ for various courses. Below, we are mentioning the IGNOU Entrance eligibility 2020 for some popular IGNOU courses.
IGNOU OPENMAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI and XLVII are conducted for providing admission to MBA programme in Indira Gandhi National Open University. The eligibility that must be satisfied by the candidates for IGNOU MBA, DIM, PGDIM, PGDHRM, PGDFM, PGDOM, PGDMM and PGDFMP programmes is as follows:
- Students who have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks will be eligible to apply.
- The reserved category candidates shall be relaxed with 5% marks i.e. 45% marks required for SC/ST candidates.
- In addition to graduation:
- Either students must have 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- OR students holding professional degree in Engineering/Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) /Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWAI)/Company Secretaryship (ICSI)/Law are also eligible to apply.
- Students, who have directly enrolled for PG Specialization Diploma, can subsequently enroll for MBA after clearing of OPENMAT entrance exam.
- The aforesaid degree must be completed with minimum 50% marks.
- To be eligible for admission, it is mandatory for the students to qualify OPENMAT examination.
- There is no age criteria prescribed for this exam.
Eligibility for Foreign Candidates:
- International division of the University will process the admission of foreign candidates after getting clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Foreign candidates residing in India should have a valid VISA for course duration.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed. Programme:
- Candidates must have passed bachelor’s degree with 50% marks or Master‘s Degree in Science/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity to be eligible for this course.
- Those who have passed Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Science & Mathematics specialization or any other equivalent qualification with 55% marks are also eligible to apply.
- Along with fulfilling the first point, candidate must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
Candidates should have completed NCTE recognized teacher educations programme through face to face mode.
- As per the norms of Central Government, reservation & relaxation of 5% will be given to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates.
- Kashmiri Migrants & War-widow candidates will get reservation as per University rules.
Eligibility for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme (OPENNET):
- Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) who have completed 12th along with Diploma in General nursing and Midwifery (GNM) & having minimum 2-years experience in this profession can apply for this course.
- Male nurses who have not done Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) should have a certificate in nursing courses (minimum duration of 6-9 months) prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council.
Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) who have passed 10th/matriculation & Diploma in General nursing and Midwifery (GNM) & having 5-years experience in this field are eligible to apply.
- Male Nurses who have not done GNM should have a certificate in nursing courses of 6-9 duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council.
- No age bar to apply for this course.
Eligibility for BCA & MCA:
- Students who wish to apply for BCA course should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board.
- For MCA programme, students have to pass the graduation with Mathematics as the compulsory subject in graduation and in 10+2.
Eligibility for M.A (Economics)
- Minimum qualification required for admission to Master of Arts in Economics is graduation or its equivalent passed from a recognized University.
If candidates have any query regarding IGNOU Entrance 2020 Eligibility, they can ask us by commenting below.