IIST 2020 Counselling, PG Allotment (Released), Call Letter – Know Here
IIST 2020 Seat Allotment has been released for PG courses. IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology) offers various UG & PG courses. IIST is a national level examination. It offers courses in the field of engineering, space sciences, space technology, and space applications. IIST will not conduct any entrance test for offering admission to above mentioned courses. The admission will be based on various national level examinations such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, GATE, JEST, etc. In this article, candidates can check complete information about IIST counselling 2020.
IIST 2020 Counselling – PG Allotment Released
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Allotment has been released for PG courses. Click here to view and confirm allotment.
Click here for seat allotment.
Click here fo view allotment list.
IIST 2020 PG Interview through Video Conferencing has been started from 22nd June 2020.
Note: For appearing in the interview, candidates will get a call. Call letters must be downloaded through login.
Click here for call letter.
Click here for interview instructions (PDF).
The counselling will be conducted on different dates for all the offered courses. As per the rank of the candidates in the respective exam, they will be called for the counselling rounds.
The admission committee will provide the counselling centers list to appear in the offline counselling. Admission to UG (B.Tech) course will be provided on the basis of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
For PG courses, various national level entrance exam score cards will be taken into consideration. No TA/DA is admissible for written test/interview. Interview has been started for PG courses from 22nd June 2020. Interview has been conducted for PG through video conferencing mode at four centers namely New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad & Hyderabad.
IST 2020 Counselling Process
For the programme offered by Departments of Aerospace Engineering and Avionics, candidates will be shortlisted based on the valid GATE score.
The shortlisted Rank List will be published and the candidate will have to remit the semester fee through online (SBI Collect) within the stipulated date.
The counselling center will be as Ahmedabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata and Thiruvananthapuram in which candidates will have to appear for counselling.
The registered candidates will have to check their ranks in the rank list on the official website. The seats will be allotted on the basis of prepared merit list by the IIST admission authority. Candidates those who will accept the seat, have to submit their original documents at the counselling center.
IIST Admission Schedule 2020
Check given below schedule of counselling/interview for UG and PG courses:
For UG Courses:
|Events for Counselling||Tentative Dates (2020)|
|Releasing of merit list||July/ August|
|Online filling-in of Choice (preference) of branch of study||July/ August|
|Seat Allotment/Acceptance Rounds Starts||July/ August|
For PG Courses:
|Interview Starts||22nd June 2020 to 30th June 2020|
|Display of short listed rank list for Departments of Chemistry,|
Physics & Earth and Space Sciences except M.Tech. in
|Reporting date at the Institution||28th August|
|Classes begins for all PG Programmes||1st September|
|PG Admission closes||14th September|
IIST 2020 Counseling Procedure
- The registered eligible candidates whose name appears in the IIST UG Admission rank list will have to visit official website and login with their IIST Registration No. and password.
- The Online filling-in of Choice (preference) of branch of study will be done via online mode.
- They will have to select their choice of branch of study in the order their preference. At the end of the date/time allotted for this purpose, their choices will be automatically locked. Further changing of choices will be not possible.
- Students are strictly advised to choose a branch of study based on their interest and preference only.
- It will be NOT mandatory to give all the three choices.
- Select only those branches in which you are really interested.
- There will be NO option to „FREEZE‟ a seat allotment, if you are allotted your second or third choice. You shall be automatically “SLIDED‟ to your higher preference/choice when the vacancy arises during the seat allocation rounds.
IIST Admission Procedure 2020
- IIST counselling will be organized through online mode by the authority.
- Without having a valid photo identity card, candidates will not be allowed to enter in the counselling center.
- Candidates will have to present in person at any of the counselling center on the counselling day.
- The candidates must have to bring their original certificates of the required documents.
- If the candidate will found eligible in all aspects, then only they will be allowed to fill choices.
- Candidates will have to fill their choices/preferences of the programmes.
- The filled choices will not be altered at later stage. Candidates must advise to attend their counselling according to the prescribed schedule.
- After the last of counselling no candidates will be offered admission.
Documents required at the time of Counselling/Admission:
Candidates will have to bring these given below documents in original along with one set of photocopy on the day of counselling.
- JEE Main 2020/JEE Advanced 2020/GATE 2020 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2020/JEE Advanced 2020/GATE 2020 Rank Card
- 10+2 or Equivalent Mark sheets
- 10+2 or Equivalent Passing Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Counselling Letter
- Income Certificate
If you have any other queries about IIST 2020 counselling, you can leave your comments below in the comment box.