MH CET Law 2024 Eligibility, Age Limit, Qualifications – Get Here
MH CET Law 2024 Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the students before applying for exam. If candidate will be eligible then only he/she can apply. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for law (MAH CET law) is managed by the Government of Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai. MH CET Law entrance exam offers the admission into 5 years of LLB & 3 years of LLB regular programmes. It is a state level entrance exam through which candidates can get admission in various law institutions in the state. In this article, candidates can check the complete MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria 2024.
MH CET Law 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates those have fulfilled the complete eligibility criteria will be able to appear in the MH CET Law 2024 entrance exam. Candidates must check the given below eligibility before filling the MH CET Law 2024 Application form.
All India Candidature: Candidates of Indian National & having completed SSC & HSC from outside Maharashtra state belonging to all categories are eligible in this category.
Minority Candidature: Candidates completed SSC & HSC from Maharashtra state & have Maharashtra domicile or born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State as issued by the Government are eligible to apply.
NRI Candidature: Candidates those fulfill the eligibility clauses given for the NRI candidates are eligible. They don’t have to apply for CET.
Foreign Candidate or OCI or PIO Candidature: Candidates those come under this category can also apply on fulfilling the complete eligibility clauses. They don’t have to apply for CET.
Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidature: The children of citizens, those shifted from Jammu & Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir can apply.
Maharashtra State Candidature: Candidates can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature which is mentioned below.
- Type A: A candidate who born in Maharashtra or having domicile of Maharashtra.
- Type B: The father or mother of a candidate is domiciled in the state of Maharashtra.
- Type C: The father or mother of a candidate is employed in Government of India or posted or reported in duty in Maharashtra state before the last date of submission application form for CAP.
- Type D: The father or mother of a candidate is an employee of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
- Type E: Candidates those passed SSC or HSC or equivalent examination from a recognized institution from a divided Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- Lower Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be 20 years (22 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only) as on 1st July 2024. For 3 year LLB age limit will be 30 year (35 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only).
- Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to appear in both the exams.
For 5 years LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the SSC(+2) or its equivalent examination such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from the recognized board of Maharashtra state or from outside.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have the 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (42% marks for OBC/ SCB/ VJNT & 40% marks for reserved categories of Maharashtra state).
- Candidates, those complete their 12th class from Distance or Correspondence method, they can also apply (gap of not less than Two Years between 10th Std (SSC) and 12th Std (HSC)).
- Candidates who obtained 10 Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having any Basic Qualification (1st To 9th Standard of Schooling) are not eligible.
- Appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply.
For 3 years LLB Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have the graduate or post graduate degree in any stream from any of the recognized university of Maharashtra or India.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have obtained 45% in the qualifying exam (42% marks for VJNT, SBC and OBC, Category and 40% for ST/SC category).
- Distance/ Correspondence: Students who have obtained 10+2 Pass certificate or first degree certificate by distance or correspondence method are also eligible to apply.
- Students passed qualifying exam (10+2, U.G. & P.G.) in a single sitting exam without having basic qualification of 10+2+3 is not eligible. 10+2 is the basic qualification for LLB 3 yrs course.
Note: Candidates those belong to the outside of Maharashtra state will be eligible to apply and they will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of the caste/category.
MH CET Law 2024
If you have any query related to the MH CET Law 2024 Eligibility, you may ask us by leaving your queries in the given below comment box.