NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme – Check Here
NEET PG 2021 Exam pattern will be set by the exam conducting authority. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate (NEET PG) is a single national level entrance exam conducted for admission to various MS/MD and PG Diploma courses to all private, government and deemed medical colleges across the country. All the candidates interested to pursue PG medical courses can apply and appear for NEET PG 2021 entrance examination. In this article, we will discuss complete information regarding NEET PG 2021 Exam pattern.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
National Board of Examination (NBE) will declare the exam pattern along with notification for NEET PG 2021. Candidates preparing for NEET PG 2021 are advised to go through its exam pattern.
Through exam pattern candidates are able to understand the syllabus, marking scheme, nature of questions and number of questions etc. of NEET PG 2021.
- NEET PG 2021 will be conducted through online mode (CBT).
- NEET PG 2021 will be conducted in January 2021.
- Course offered through NEET PG 2021 are MS/MD/MDS/PG Diploma.
- Exam paper will have multiple choice questions (MCQ’s) with four options & single correct answer.
- Medium of question paper will be English.
- Total number of questions will be 300.
- Exam duration will be of 3:30 hours.
- For each correct response 4 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect response 1 mark will be deducted.
- For attempted questions no marks will be deducted.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions
|Subjects||Subject wise weightage of questions|
|SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|SURGERY, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12|
|OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||30|
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
The NEET PG 2021 Syllabus is in accordance to Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by MCI after the approval of Indian Government.
The syllabus of NEET PG comprise of all the subjects that candidates has studied in MBBS/BDS courses. Following below is the syllabus for NEET PG 2021.
- Preventive and Social Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
NEET PG 2021 Cut Off
Cutoff is the minimum marks required to be eligible for admission procedure. The national board of examination (NBE) will release the cutoff percentile and cutoff score of NEET PG 2021.
If NEET PG cutoff is needed to be revised it will be only done on the basis of instruction issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Following below is the expected cutoff list of NEET PG 2021.
|Category||Eligibility criteria as per notification||Cutoff score|
(out of 1200)
|Revised eligibility criteria as prescribed by MoHFW||Revise cutoff score|
(out of 1200)
|General||50th percentile||321||35th percentile||262|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||281||25th percentile||225|
|PWD||45th percentile||300||30th percentile||244|
NEET PG 2021 Result Scope
- All India 50% quota seats for MS/MD/PG diploma courses in all states except Jammu & Kashmir.
- State quota seats for MS/MD/PG diploma courses for all states and Union territories (including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir).
- MS/MD/PG diploma courses at all private & deemed medical institutes across the country.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
Seat Allotment in Government & Private Colleges
|Government medical colleges||Private medical colleges|
|50% All India Quota seats||50% State Quota seats|
|50% State Quota seats||50% Institute quota seats|
Top Medical PG Colleges
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
If you have any other queries regarding NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern you can ask you queries in the comment below.