NEST Application Form 2018: Registration, Eligibility, How to Apply
NEST Application Form 2018 will be available through online mode only. National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level entrance examination. NEST exam is conducted for admission to the five year integrated M.Sc course. This course is offered at NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research) Bhubaneswar & UM-DAE CEBS (University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences), Mumbai. Candidates can check details of NEST 2018 Application Form including eligibility, exam dates, how to apply, etc.
NEST Application Form 2018
For the registration, candidates need to register themselves in the website. The information related to NEST 2018 application form is given below:
- NEST 2018 Registration will be started from the first week of January 2018 through online mode only.
- There is no offline mode to apply for the NEST entrance exam.
- The last date to apply for the NEST exam will be the first week of March 2018.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the NEST online application procedure carefully.
- During the application form filling, candidates have to upload scanned images of signature and photograph.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for further use.
The application fee for Male (General/OBC) is Rs. 700 and for SC/ST/female/PwD candidates is Rs. 350. Candidates can pay the application fee through Credit/Debit card or Net banking.
The eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority to appear in the exam are given below. Candidates can apply for the NEST after reading the complete eligibility criteria:
- Age Criteria: Candidates must be born on or after 1st August 1998 (for GEN & OBC Candidates.
- Relaxation: There is 5 years relaxation in age limit for SC/ST/PwD Candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should pass the 12th standard examination from any recognized board in 2016 & 2017.
- Subjects: Candidates have to qualify the above examination with science stream, i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must obtain minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD categories) in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in 10+2 level or equivalent examination.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing Candidates can also apply.
NEST Application Dates 2018
Through this section students can check the tentative exam schedule of NEST Application:
|Starting of Online Application from||1st week of January 2018|
|Closing date to apply||1st week of March 2018|
|NEST Exam date||4th week of May 2018|
How to Apply
Here we are providing complete details about how to apply for NEST 2018:
- Visit to the website. (Link will be given above).
- Click on the link.
- Now, you have to register yourself by entering your basic details.
- After filling the basic details, you will receive an email regarding confirming the registration in the registered email id.
- Click on the link to confirm the registration.
- Now, you have to login with the registered email id & password.
- The NEST application form 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill your basic information such as personal information, choice of exam centers and academic details.
- Now, click on the save & proceed button to the next page.
- Note down your application number for future use.
- Upload your scanned passport size photograph & signature in the JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned images should be maximum 100 KB each.
- Now, you have to submit your application fee through online payment gateway.
- Verify your all filled details properly & click on the submit button.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page for future use.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
For any other queries related to NEST Application Form 2018, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.