NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Age & Qualification Criteria – Check Here
NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria is essential to be fulfilled by the candidates for admission. NEST is a national level entrance test. It is organized to provide admission into the 5-year integrated M.Sc. course in the basic sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The entrance test will be conducted for admission to the NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE-CEBS, Mumbai. Through this article, candidates can get the complete details about the NEST Eligibility Criteria 2021.
NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following NEST eligibility criteria 2021 to be eligible for admission. Check the eligibility properly before filling NEST 2021 Application Form. The complete eligibility is given below:
- Candidates belonging to the general and OBC category should bear on or after August 1, 2001.
- Candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD categories, they have 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have obtained minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the intermediate level exam. For ST/SC/PWD candidates, minimum aggregate marks are 55%.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level with science stream only. Pass 12th exam with combination of at least three subjects among Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Passing Year: Candidates should pass class 12th exam or its equivalent in the years 2019 or 2020.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates, those in class 12th can apply as a appearing candidates.
- Candidates, those have only letter grades available, they have to submit a certificate from the concerned Board specifying equivalent percentage of marks.
- In the absence of such a certificate, the final decision will be made by the admissions committee of the concerned institution.
- Candidates should submit necessary certificates supporting eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
NEST 2021 Application Form
NEST Application form 2021 can be filled by the candidates through online mode. The registration process has been started from 24th February 2021. The last date to fill the application form is till 15th July 2021.
To fill the application form, candidates have to fill their details and make an exam center choice. The application fee can be paid by the candidates through debit/credit card or net banking. For General and OBC candidates, the application fee is Rs.1200 and for ST/ SC/ PWD/ Female candidates, it is Rs.600/-.
Candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully as no correction facility is provided by the authority after the submission of form.
Number of Seats
Below, we have provided the number of seats in UM-DAE-CBS and NISER institute as per the previous year 2018:
|PWD||3% of each category||3% of each category|
NEST 2021 Reservation Criteria
Some of the total percentage of seats is reserved for the reserved category candidates. The categories considered for the reservation are:
- ST/SC Categories: Out of the total seats, about 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates and 15% for SC candidates.
- OBC- NCL Category: Candidates belonging to OBC- NCL categories will be provided reservation of 27% of the total seats. OBC candidates of creamy layer will not get any reservation and will be treated as general candidates.
- Candidates belonging to J&K: Candidates belonging to the state of Jammu and Kashmir will be applicable for one seat in each of the UM-DAE-CBS and NISER institute.
- PWD Candidates: Under the PWD category, candidates are provided 3% seat reservation in General, ST/SC and OBC-NCL category.
Candidates must carefully go through the NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria before applying for admission. Candidates also have to provide their documents during admission to institute for document verification.
If you have any query related to NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask your query in the comments section below.