NID Admission Procedure 2024, Seat Allotment – Get Details Here
NID 2024 Admission Procedure will be organised from May/ June 2024. DAT (Design Aptitude Test) is the entrance exam for admission into NID (National Institute of Design) and its affiliated colleges. It is a national level entrance exam through which candidates can get admission in B.Des, M.Des and GDPD (Graduate Diploma Program in Design) courses. Candidates must have to appear in DAT Prelims and Mains to get admission in the design institutions. In this article we have mentioned the complete procedure of NID admission 2024.
NID Admission Procedure 2024
Admission Open 2024
The counselling will be organised through offline mode. The NID will prepare the category-wise rank list on the basis of sum total of the weighted score obtained by the candidate in each stage of admission.
To get admission in design courses, candidates must have to go through three stages of admission which are DAT written test, studio test and personal interview. Candidates will be called for these rounds as per their performance in the DAT prelims entrance exam.
Only candidates those will appear for all the stages of admission will be considered eligible for the merit list. For offering admissions, 70% weightage will be given to DAT Prelims and 30% weightage will be given to DAT Mains exam.
As per the schedule given, candidates will have to upload the document online for the document verification. Candidates those documents will found to be false, their admission will be cancelled by the admission authority on later stage.
On the basis of DAT prelims and mains (studio and interview), the final merit list will be prepared on which basis the candidates will be shortlisted for the submitting the college preference.
NID Selection Procedure 2024
The NID admission procedure is followed by the steps given below:
- Based on the availability of seats, candidates in order of merit will qualify to give their consent for the various stages of the admissions process.
- Candidates will have to login on the official website to fill and submit the preferences.
- Candidates those will appear in the both DAT-Prelims and DAT-Mains exam will be only eligible to fill preference.
- After submission of preferences by the candidate, they will be asked to confirm the preferences provided by the candidate.
- Once the preference will be submitted, it will not be changed at a later stage.
- Candidates must view their results only after confirming and submitting the preferences.
- The category-wise seats will be allotted to candidates in order of merit and based on the preference submitted by them.
- Candidates will be required to remain present at the centre with required documents as per the allotted schedule.
- If candidate fails to report as per the reporting schedule, the allotted seat will be stand cancelled and will be offered to the next eligible candidate on the list according to the category.
Documents Required for Admission
Candidates will have to bring the original documents along with photocopies on the day of counselling.
- 10th & 12th Mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet (Degree/Diploma)
- Graduation Certificate (Degree/Diploma)
- Reservation Category Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- Passport (for overseas category)
- Bonafide Certificate from the Principal of their College (those result is awaited)
If you have any other queries about NID Admission Procedure 2024, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.