PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Started), Seat Allotment – Know Here
PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Round III) has been organized on 18th January 2020 through offline mode. Counselling for DM/M.Ch & MD (Hospital Administration) has been organized on 28th December 2019. It is conducted through offline mode. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) conducts a national level exam. This exam will be conducted for admission to the MD/MS courses. Candidates, those qualify the entrance exam will be called for the counselling. The counselling is held two times in a year, i.e. January & July session. Through this article, candidates can get complete details about PGIMER Counselling 2020.
PGIMER 2020 Counselling – Round III for MD/MS On 18th Jan
PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Round III) for MD/MS has been organized on 18th January 2020 through offline mode.
Click Here to view notice.
PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Round II) for MD/MS has been organized on 10th January 2020 through offline mode.
Click Here to view notice.
PGIMER 2020 Counselling for DM/M.Ch & MD (Hospital Administration) has been organized on 28th December 2019.
Click here for list of provisionally selected candidates for counselling (DM/M.Ch)
Click here for list of provisionally selected candidates for counselling (MD (Hospital Administration)
PGIMER 2020 Counselling for MD/MS has been started from 20th December 2019.
Click here for list of selected candidates for 1st counselling (MD/MS)
Check this section to get some important points related to the PGIMER counselling.
- The authority organizes the counselling through offline mode at PGIMER campus.
- The PGIMER counselling 2020 is conducted in 4 rounds.
- For counselling, candidates have to be present physically at the specified venue.
- Candidates should bring copy of the application form, one photograph & ID proof for verification at the time of counselling.
- Candidates also have to bring all original degrees in support of their qualification.
- The admission will be confirmed only after verification of eligibility & original documents.
- The counselling fee will also be paid on the spot in CASH. The fee will be Rs. 2485.
- The rank & category wise list of candidates provisionally eligible for counselling.
PGIMER Counselling Schedule
Check below the official counselling schedule of PGIMER exam for session.
For January Session:
|For MD/MS||For DM/M.Ch|
|1st counselling date||20th December 2019||28th December 2019|
|2nd counselling||10th January 2020||–|
|3rd counselling||18th January 2020||–|
|Open counselling||30th January 2020||–|
For July Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|First Counselling||3rd week of June|
|Second Counselling||2nd week of July|
|Third Counselling||last week of July|
|Forth Counselling||Last week of July|
PGIMER Counselling 2020 Procedure
- After the announcement of the PGIMER result, candidates qualifying the exam will be called for Counselling.
- The board has published the list of all eligible candidates for Counselling.
- Candidates has been called for Counselling as per their rank.
- The PGIMER 2020 Counselling (1st Round) for MD/MS has been conducted from 20th December 2019 for January session. For DM/MCH/MD Hospital Administration, the counselling has been started from 28th December 2019.
- Candidates have to be physically present at the venue for Counselling.
- Candidates, those absent during 1st round of counselling will not be considered for admission. But, they can appear for the subsequent round of Counselling.
- Candidates have to choose their preference during Counselling procedure.
- Seat allocation will be totally based on candidates All India rank, preference course filled and availability of seats.
- The counselling fee is Rs. 2485 for 1st round of counselling. If candidates want to change their speciality at the time of 2nd/3rd counselling, they have to deposit Rs. 1485.
- Candidates should bring NOC (No Objection Certificate) if candidate is in service.
- If any candidate doesn’t get seat in the first round of Counselling, he/she can attend second/ third round of Counselling.
- In every Counselling round, total number of candidates called will be 3 time number of seat available in particular category.
PGIMER 2020 Cut Off
To participate in the counselling round candidates will have secure minimum qualifying percentage prescribed by the authority. Below, we update last year cut off:
|General and sponsored/Deputed candidate||55th percentile|
|SC/ST/OBC/OPH/rural areas, Foreign nationals||50th percentile|
|Bhutanese nationals||45th percentile|
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates who called for Counselling will have to bring all their specified original documents for verification.
Candidates failing to produce documents during Counselling will not be permitted to appear for Counselling process. The documents required for Counselling are given below.
- Copy of PGIMER 2020 application form
- PGIMER 2020 admit card
- Photo ID proof
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet and degree of MBBS
- Certificate of Internship
- MCI Registration Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar card
- Category Certificate
PGIMER Admission Procedure 2020
Candidates, those will get a seat during counselling, they have to report at the allotted college within a given time period. Candidates should bring all the required documents in original along with two set of photocopies at the college.
If candidates did not report to the allotted institution within a given period then their candidature will be cancelled. After that, the seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
If you have any other queries regarding PGIMER 2020 Counselling, you can ask your queries in the comment box below.