PTU Exam 2024: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Merit
PTU 2024 Registration will be started from second week of May 2024. Admission procedure is managed by the IK Gujral Punjab Technical University every year. It offers admission in various UG & PG courses in the field of engineering, management and others. This is a university level admission procedure which is organised one time each year. No separate entrance examination is conducted by the university for admission.
Admission is offered based on the merit of various national/ state level examinations. This university is located in Jalandhar, India which was established as Punjab Technical University & renamed as IK Gujral Punjab Technical University. Candidates must reach this article to know all about PTU Exam 2024 including details i.e. registration, dates, eligibility etc.
PTU Exam 2024 Overview
|Name of the Exam
|PTU Exam 2024
|IK Gujral Punjab Technical University
|Frequency of admission
|One time a Year
|UG & PG
|Mode of application
UG Courses: B.Tech, BCA, B.Sc., B.Arch, B.Planning, BHMCT, MCA LEET, BBA, B.A. (JMC), B.Tech LEET
PG Courses: M.Tech, MCA, MBA, M.A. (JMC), M.Sc., M.Arch, M.Planning
PTU Exam 2024 Admission Dates
Candidates must check below to know tentative PTU 2024 admission dates:
|2nd week of May 2024
|1st week of July 2024
|Rank preparation and updating
|Based on JEE Main rank
|Based on JEE Main rank
|3rd week of June 2024
|2nd week of July 2024
|1st round result
|4th week of June 2024
|3rd week of July 2024
|4th week of June 2024
|1st week of August 2024
PTU 2024 Application Form
Candidates must go through the below details to know about PTU 2024 Application Form:
- Application form will be made available on the website from the second week of May 2024.
- Candidates can fill application form through online mode. It will not be available through any other or offline mode.
- Candidates must check all the eligibility norms before filling the application form.
- Fill details carefully in the application form including personal, communication, education qualification etc.
- Upload required documents i.e. photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates will be able to fill their application form till the first week of July 2024.
- No correction facility will be provided after submission of the application form, so fill details carefully to avoid rejection of it.
- There will be no need to send any hardcopy of the filled application form to the authority.
- Take printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode.
- Candidates will need to pay fee through debit card/ credit card/ cash card/ UPI/ Net banking.
- Registration fee will be Rs. 1000/- for all candidates.
- Fee will not be refunded in any circumstances.
How to Apply for PTU Exam 2024:
- Step-1: Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Step-2: Click on the registration link and provide basic details i.e. name, email id, mobile number.
- Step-3: Now login by entering application number and password.
- Step-4: Fill required details carefully in the application form.
- Step-5: Upload necessary document in the specific format.
- Step-6: Pay registration fee through online mode.
- Step-7: Check and verify all the details and submit the form.
- Step-8: Do not forget to take printout of the same for future references.
PTU 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Here we have provided PTU 2024 Eligibility Criteria that candidates have to full fill before applying:
- Qualifications: Candidates must pass 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from any recognised board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have physics/ chemistry/ mathematics with one of the computer science/ biology/ informatics practices etc.
- Marks Criteria: One should secure minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in their qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidate who are appearing in their 12th class will also be eligible to apply.
For Other UG Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates should pass intermediate or its equivalent exam from any recognised board.
- Marks: Marks criteria will be different for all courses.
- Appearing: Candidates those are appearing in their 12th level will also be eligible to apply.
- Qualifications: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in engineering from any recognised university/ institute.
- Marks: Candidates will need to secure 50 % marks (45% marks for reserved candidates) in their qualifying degree.
- Appearing: Those are appearing in final year of their graduation will also be eligible.
For Other PG Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates must be graduated from any recognised university/ institute.
- Marks: Different courses will have different marks criteria.
- Appearing: Final year appearing candidates will be able to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PTU 2024 Result/ Merit List
PTU 2024 Result will be declared in fourth week of June 2024. Candidates will be able to get the result through online mode on the website. Authority will declare course wise results in candidates portal. Candidates must enter their login details i.e. registration number or password to check PTU result.
Merit list will contain details i.e. name of the candidate, mark obtained, merit list etc. Candidate who have doubt in their results can apply for the re-evaluation. Based on the results candidates will get selected for the further admission procedures. Candidates are advised to take printout of their result and keep it safe for admission purpose.
PTU 2024 Cut Off
Authority will release the cut off marks to online mode. It will be released few days after the declaration of result. Cut off will be the minimum marks that candidates have to obtained in order to be eligible for admission. Cut off list will be divided into two sections Punjab cut off and other state cut off.
Cut off marks will be set by the university. PTU Cut Off marks will depend on various factors i.e. total registration form received, availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, category of the candidate etc.
PTU 2024 Counselling
A centralised counselling procedure will be organised by the authority through online mode. Candidates must participate in the PTU Counselling Procedure in order to be eligible for admission. Counselling will take place in various rounds.
Candidates will need to pay Rs. 2000/- as one time counselling registration fee for each selected course. There will be no need to pay fee again in round 2 if already have been submitted in round 1st.
Here candidates can check details about the different steps:
- Centralised online counselling registration
- Fee payment of online counselling
- Preparation of rank
- Choice filling
- Seat allotment
- Online reporting at allotted institute
- Provisional confirmation of admission by allotted institute
Candidates will need to fill the course choices as per their preferences. Choices will also be editable before the locking of choices if candidates want to change it. Candidates will need to report at the allotted institute after seat allotment with the required documents for verification process.
Here we have provided the list of documents which will be needed for verification:
- 10th & 12th mark sheets
- 10th & 12th certificates
- Graduation mark sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate
- Residential certificate
- Allotment letter
- Gap certificate
- Passport size photographs etc.
If candidates have any other query related to the PTU Exam 2024, then they can ask us by leaving their queries in comment section below.