Thapar University Admission 2021: Counselling (Started), Eligibility, Date
Thapar University Admission 2021 Counselling has been started. Admission is provided through university level entrance test organized by Thapar University. The admission will be offered into various UG/PG courses such as B.Tech, M.Tech, BCA, MCA, B.Tech, Bio-technology, M.Sc., M.A, etc. to the eligible candidates. Candidates will also offered admission through scores of national level exam such as GATE, JEE Main, CAT and various others. Here we are providing details such as dates, application form, its fee, eligibility criteria and much more regarding Thapar University Admission 2021.
Thapar University 2021 Notifications – Counselling Started
Thapar University 2021 Counselling has been started for BE/ B.Tech courses through online mode. Check here for counselling details.
Get all exam details & latest updates about Thapar University Admission 2022 from here.
Thapar University 2021 Registration has been started for MBA courses. Check here for application details.
Thapar University 2021 Registration has been started for B.Tech courses. Check here for application details.
Thapar University 2021 will offer various courses under UG & PG level programmes such as:
- UG course: The university enrolls students in BE in chemical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering and for various other engineering branches. Candidates will also get admission in B.Tech (Bio-technology), BE-IEP, BE-Lateral Entry and BE-MBA.
- PG course: Candidates will get admission into M.Tech, MBA, MCA, MA, M.Sc. and many others.
Thapar University Admission Dates 2021
Candidates must go through following table regarding Thapar University Admission Dates 2021:
|Registration process starts||Started|
|Last date for all rounds of counselling||5th August 2021|
|Last date for all round of counselling after 12th August 2021||12th August 2021|
|Last date for all round of counselling after 31st August 2021||31st August 2021|
|Last date for all round of counselling after 10th September 2021||10th September 2021|
|Registration process starts||31st October 2020|
|Last date to register||1st February 2021|
|Short-listing of candidates||5th February 2021|
|GD/ PI round, Thapar’s MBA Entrance & Scholarship Test||13th February (New Delhi) & 20th February 2020 (Dera Bassi)|
|Intimation to selected candidates||26th February 2021|
|Final counselling & fee deposit||12th March 2021|
|Starting of Academic session start||5th July 2021|
Thapar University Application Form 2021
Candidates must go through following details regarding Thapar University Application Form 2021:
- Thapar University Application Form 2021 has been made available via online mode.
- The Application Form 2021 for B.Tech courses has been released on 1st March 2021.
- Last date to submit B.Tech application form is till 10th August 2021.
- For MBA, candidates can fill the application form from 31st October 2020 till 1st February 2021.
- During registration, candidates must have to provide valid/ working email ID & phone number as all important information can be send to it.
- It is also mandatory to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Once application form can be filled completely, candidates are advised to take printout of filled in application form for further use.
- Candidates are able to submit the application fee via online as well as offline mode.
- Application fee for B.E, B.Tech, B.E, M.E, M.Tech, MCA courses can be Rs. 1500/- while fee for M.A, M.Sc., MBA can be Rs. 1000/-.
- Online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates are able to submit the application fee via Demand Draft (DD).
- DD must be drawn in favor of Thapar university, payable at Patiala & must be sent to the given address:
In-charge admission Cell,
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology,
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates are advised to go through following Thapar University 2021 eligibility norms before applying for its application form:
For B.Tech course:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th from any recognized board or university to be eligible for examination.
- Percentage: He/ she must score at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as their mandatory subject to be eligible for examination.
- NEET score: Candidates must have scores minimum 20% marks in NEET examination (15% for SC/ ST).
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible for examination.
- Percentage: He/ she must score atleast 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in the bachelor’s degree to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates must have Mathematics as one of their mandatory subject in the qualifying exam.
Thapar University 2021 Admission Procedure
Thapar University 2021 Admission will be provided to candidates on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. Admission into various courses will be offered on the basis of scores of national level entrance test.
Candidate’s selection will be done after the release of merit list. The performance of candidates will be also judged in the interview rounds.
Thapar University Entrance Exam 2021
Thapar University Entrance Exam 2021 will be held through online mode. Before the commencement of entrance exam, authority will release admit card. It will be mandatory for all applied candidates to download admit card. It will be sent to candidates on their registered mail ID.
Entrance Exam will be organized via offline mode. Candidates are advised to carry admit card at the examination center along with one valid ID proof. No candidates will be allowed to sit for the examination without admit card & ID proof.
Thapar University 2021 Result/ Merit list
Authority will release result in the form of merit list. Thapar University Result/ Merit list will be based on entrance exam & JEE Main scorecard. It will be published on website via online mode. Candidates will have to use their login credentials to check their result.
The separate merit list will be prepared for the students applying through national level test scores. Further all qualified candidates will be called for counselling procedure.
Thapar University 2021 Counselling
Counselling procedure is organised in various rounds via offline mode. Thapar University 2021 Counselling for UG & PG courses has been commenced from 12th August 2021. Only those candidates will be called for counselling who obtain minimum qualifying marks in the written test.
It will be mandatory for all qualifying candidates to participate in the counselling process. During counselling, candidates will have to pay the fee & confirm their seats. Seats will be given on the basis of merit list & choices entered.
Candidates will have to carry following documents at the time of counselling:
- 12th level certificate
- Character certificate
- Application form
- Admit Card
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
If you have any other queries regarding Thapar University Admission 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment in the comment section below.