TNEA 2020 Counselling – Check Call Letter, Schedule & Process Here
TNEA 2020 Counselling will be released from third week of July 2020. TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) is a state level admission process which will be regulated by the Anna University. It will be organized for providing admission in B.Tech courses provided by various colleges in Tamil Nadu. No entrance test will be organized by the university. Admission will be given on the basis of marks scored in the 10+2 examination. Here we have mentioned details about TNEA Counselling 2020 including schedule & procedure.
TNEA Counselling 2020
The counselling process will be organized through online mode. A rank list will be prepared as per the marks obtained in the qualifying exam. Students will be able to participate in the TNEA 2020 counselling process according to their rank.
It will be a single window counselling process. Candidates will have to download call letter via online mode to participate in the counselling. The counselling process will comprise of various steps like fee payment, document verification, seat allotment, etc. Counselling will be organized category wise (Vocational, Differently Abled & General).
TNEA 2020 cut off will be released after the application process. The cut off marks are the minimum marks which will be fixed by the Anna University to screen the candidates for further rounds of the admission process.
The certificate verification will be organized from third week of July 2020. At the time of certificate verification, the applicant should go to the TFC with a printed copy of registered application, all original certificates and photocopies of the original certificates for verification on the scheduled date and time at the assigned TFC as intimated through the registered mobile number and e-mail. Counselling will be conducted through third week of July 2020.
TNEA 2020 Counselling Schedule
The counselling process will be organized after the release of rank list. Here we have mentioned the tentative schedule of TNEA counselling 2020:
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|Aggregate Mark Range||200 – 178||177.75 – 150||149.75 – 115||114.75 – 77.5|
|Rank||1 – 9872||9873 – 30926||30927 – 64093||64094 – 101692|
|Initial Payments||1stweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July|
|Add & Locking of Choices|
|2ndweek of July||2ndweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July|
|Publication of Tentative Allotment||2ndweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July|
|Confirmation of Tentative Allotment||2ndweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July|
|Final Allotment Publication||2ndweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July||3rdweek of July|
TNEA Counselling Procedure
Candidates can check the detailed counselling process from below:
- After the release of merit list, candidates must participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates will have to appear for the TNEA counselling as per the prescribed cut-off.
- The counselling will be conducted through online mode.
- To appear in the counselling process, candidates will have to download their call letters.
- Call letters must be downloaded through the website by entering their login details.
- Candidates will have to register for the counselling & pay the counselling fee.
- The counselling fee will be Rs. 5000/- for general and Rs. 1000/- for SC, SCA, ST belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- After fee payment, candidates must proceed for the document verification process.
- Candidates must bring their original certificate along with their photocopies.
- Candidates will have to upload their documents for verification.
- After that, candidates will have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- During counselling, candidates will have to select a seat from the available seats as per their rank.
- Candidates will have to submit at least three choices of colleges and courses.
- Once the seat will be allotted, candidates will have to collect their allotment order from the allotment order section.
- Candidates will have to bring the allotment order to the allotted college to complete the admission process.
- Candidates must report to the allotted college before the due date.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates must carry their original documents along with photocopies for verification. Documents required for verification are listed below:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class or equivalent mark sheet
- 12th class hall ticket
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent community certificate (for reserved categories)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling call letter
- Passport size photographs
For any other queries about TNEA 2020 Counselling, you may leave your queries below.