TS LAWCET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
Osmania University, Hyderabad will conduct the TS LAWCET 2020 examination on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education. It is a state level entrance test. This exam is organized to offer admission in three year and five year UG law courses for the academic year of 2019-2020. Various colleges in Telangana state gives admission in law courses on the basis of TS LAWCET scores. Read this article to get details about TS LAWCET 2020 examination including notification, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
TS LAWCET Exam Dates 2020
The official dates for TS LAWCET 2020 examination have not been released yet. Below we have provided the tentative dates for reference purpose:
|Release of notification||4th week of March 2020|
|Online registration starts||4th week of March 2020|
|Last date for registration||4th week of April 2020|
|Last date for registration with Rs.500/- late fee||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date for registration with Rs.1000/- late fee||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for registration with Rs.2000/- late fee||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date for registration with Rs.4000/- late fee||4th week of May 2020|
|Application correction window||3rd week of May 2020|
|Downloading of hall tickets||4th week of May 2020|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2020|
|Release of preliminary answer key||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit objections||Last week of May 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling begins||3rd week of October 2020|
TS LAWCET Application Form 2020
Here we have provided some important instructions for filling the application form:
- The application form will be provided through online mode.
- TS LAWCET 2020 Application Form will be released in the fourth week of March 2020.
- To fill the application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee.
- Candidates have to fill their personal, qualification, address & other required details in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- There will be no need to send the printout of the confirmation page to the university.
- The application fee will be Rs. 800/- for general and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Extra processing fees will also be charged.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through internet banking & credit/debit card (online mode) or TSOnline/APOnline centres (offline mode).
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance test:
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- Domicile: Candidates will have to satisfy the Local/Unreserved status requirement as laid down by the universities of Telangana state.
|LLB (3 years)||Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed graduation degree from any recognized college or university.|
|Percentage: Candidates should have obtained 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST categories.|
|LLB (5 years)||Qualifying Exam: 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.|
|Percentage: Minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying exam.|
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2020
Below we have given the detailed exam pattern of TS LAWCET examination:
- Examination Mode: It will be organized through computer based mode.
- Duration: Total 90 minutes will be given to solve the question paper.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Sections: The exam will contain three sections, i.e. General Knowledge & Mental Ability, Aptitude for the Study of Law and Current Affairs.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Part/Section||Total Question||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
TS LAWCET Syllabus
The syllabus will be prescribed by the exam conducting authority. TS LAWCET syllabus will be designed to evaluate the candidate’s ability and aptitude to pursue the study of Law.
Syllabus will be different as per the courses opted by the students. For 3 year LLB courses, the syllabus will be of graduation level and for 5 year law courses, it will be of intermediate level.
How to Prepare for TS LAWCET
Candidates appearing for the TS LAWCET examination, can check the preparation tips below:
- Candidates must find out all the details about the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare a time table as per your suitable timing and prepare accordingly.
- Consider the best books which covers all the syllabus of the entrance test.
- Practice previous year question papers on daily basis to know the exam pattern.
- Candidates should also practice mock test to analyze their performance.
TS LAWCET Hall Ticket 2020
The hall ticket will be provided through online mode. TS LAWCET 2020 Hall Ticket will be provided to students in the fourth week of May 2020.
Candidates will be able to download their hall ticket by entering registration number, date of birth and qualifying exam hall ticket number. Without hall ticket candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
TS LAWCET 2020 Answer Key
Students who will appear in the exam will be able to check the answer key through online mode. The preliminary answer key will be published in the last week of May 2020.
Candidates those are not satisfied with the preliminary answer key, can challenge against it. TS LAWCET answer key will be released along with the question papers & response sheets.
Candidates will have to submit their objections through online mode. They have to send an Email to [email protected] before the due date.
TS LAWCET Result 2020
The result will be declared in the form of score card. TS LAWCET 2020 Result will be announced in the second week of June 2020. Candidates are suggested to keep the score card safe till the admission procedure.
Candidates will download their score card by entering hall ticket number and date of birth. The qualifying marks for TS LAWCET exam will be 35% marks (42 marks out of 120 marks).
TS LAWCET Counselling 2020
Ranks will be allotted to candidates to participate in the counselling procedure. TS LAWCET 2020 Counselling will be commenced from the third week of October 2020.
Students will be able to participate in the counselling procedure through online mode. To appear in the counselling, firstly candidates will have to register themselves and pay the counselling fee.
After that, students will have to report at the designated centre for document verification. After the document verification process, candidates will be able to exercise their options.
The seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of options filled, rank, category and availability of seats in colleges. After the seat allotment, candidates will be required to report to the allotted college to complete the admission procedure.
For any other queries about TS LAWCET 2020, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.