AU College of Engineering, Vishakhapatnam
AU College of Engineering (AUCE) is the University College of Andhra University. It has been established in the year 1946 as a government-funded institution in Kakinada. The institution came under the AU in 1953, when AU-department of engineering has been shifted to this college. The AUCE has been shifted to its present site in 1960 and now called as the North Campus of Andhra University. The campus has the autonomous status approved by the UGC and accredited by the NAAC and ISO 9001:2008 certification.
The AUCE campus is sprawled over in 167 acres of land. The campus is beside of the Beach of Bay of Bengal in the heart of the City Vishakhapatnam, the district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known as the AU North Campus.
The AUCE campus is conducting 17 UG courses and 42 PG courses in the field of engineering & technology and applied science & humanities and architecture. The college also schedules the research & doctoral programmes in various fields of education. Read More >>
Students & Faculty:
The AUCE has around 1300 seats for the annual admission and more than 180 faculty members from all departments of the engineering & technology and science & humanities. Around 75% of the faculty members are PhD holders. The college provides the laptop to each faculty member.
The campus provides separate accommodation for the boys, girls and academic faculty & staff. The campus provides the central library, health care centre-cum-hospital, gymnasium, auditorium, conference hall, a computer centre, canteen, academic staff college and facility for disabled students.
The AUCE organizes the sports activity, NCC, NSS and cultural activities. The campus has selected for the IIT Status and TEQIP phase II. The campus has organized various national seminars and provides the scholarship for social and tribal welfare.
The AUCE campus has been established good relation with various reputed R&D, manufacturing and productive industries for regular training, visits and job placement for the students. A placement cell has existed on the campus and regulating the training and placement activities. Read More >>