Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC), Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College is also known as JGEC. It is a college for technical education established in 1961. The JGEC is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). This college has been approved by AICTE and also accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation).
JGEC (Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College) is situated in outskirts of Jalpaiguri. The campus of JGEC has around 160 acres of land. It is 3 hours drive away from Darjeeling, Gorumara National Forest, Dooars and Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary.
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College provides a wide range of facilities to the students those are Central Library, Five hostels, Central Computing Facilities, Guest House, Healthcare Facilities, Gymnasium, multiple college canteens and wide Local Area Network in the campus area.
The JGEC provides 6 under-graduate and 2 post graduates programs which are mentioned below:
Under graduate programs:
- Tech in Civil Engineering
- Tech in Electrical Engineering
- Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- Tech in Information Technology
Post Graduate Programs:
- Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Production Technology and Management)
- Tech in Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics and Drives)
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College has a highly effective placement cell which provides training to students regarding placements. Infosys, Blue Star, KEC International, Volvo Motors and many other companies visited JGEC for the student’s placements.