Anna University Admission 2020: Counselling (Started), Dates, Result
Anna University 2020 Counselling Registration has been extended till 30th September 2020 for TANCA. Registration for UG courses has been started. Admission procedure is conducted by the Anna University, Chennai. This university was established in 1978. Different entrance examinations are conducted by the university to offers admission in various UG and PG courses. Candidates get admission in M.Tech, MBA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.Sc (2 years/ 5 years) Integrated etc. courses. Candidates get admission in Engineering courses through TNEA admission procedure. The University also conducts TANCET entrance examination to offer admission in PG courses. Candidates must read this complete article to know more about the Anna University 2020 Admission including dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Anna University 2020 Notifications – Counselling Registration Extended
Anna University 2020 Counselling Registration has been extended till 30th September 2020 for TANCA (TANCET 2020). Check here for counselling details.
Anna University Registration for UG courses has been started. Check here for application details.
Anna University 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the Anna University 2020 important dates from the table below:
Dates for UG Courses (Merit based):
|Starting of application form||12th August 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd September 2020|
|Random number allotment||–|
|Rank card release||–|
|Counselling begins from||–|
Dates for PG Courses (TANCET Entrance Based Courses):
|Starting of application form||7th January 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||4th February 2020|
|Availability of admit card||13th February 2020|
|TANCET 2020 exam date||29th February 2020 (MCA & MBA) & 1st March 2020 (M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)|
|Announcement of Result||11th March 2020|
|Downloading of Mark sheets||23rd March 2020|
|Counselling starts from||28th August 2020|
Anna University 2020 Counselling
Anna University 2020 Counselling will be started from 28th August 2020. Last date to register for counselling is till 30th September 2020. Candidates will have to download their call letter from the website to attend the counselling. Candidates who have selected for counselling must have to bring their original documents for verification. Candidates will have to present by person in the counselling venue.
Seat will be allotted to the candidates based on their marks obtained in the qualifying examination or based on merit list. Without documents verification seat will not be allotted to the candidates. Candidates will have to pay application fee on the day of Anna University counselling.
Candidates will have to carry following documents on the day of counselling:
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Nativity certificate
- Counselling letter
- Admit card of 12th class
- 2 passport size photographs, etc.
Anna University 2020 Result
Anna University 2020 Result for TANCET will be published in the month of July 2020. Candidates can check their result through online mode. Result will not be published through any other offline mode.
Candidates can check their Anna University result using user ID and password. Candidates are advised to check the result carefully. If candidates found any discrepancy in result then they can contact to the exam authority.
Anna University 2020 Cut Off
Anna University 2020 Cut off will be released by the Anna University. Candidates must have to obtained cut off marks to get admission in any course. Candidates can check cut off marks through online mode. Qualified candidates will be called for the counselling procedures.
Candidates will have to obtain minimum cut off marks to get admission in the university. Merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s marks. Candidates can check their merit list through the website. Candidates will have to register themselves for the admission.
Anna University 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check Anna University 2020 exam pattern for TANCET below:
- Mode of Examination: Examination will be held through offline mode.
- Number of Question: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Time Duration: 2 hours will be provided for the examination.
- Type of Question: Questions will of multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Here we have mentioned exam pattern for all courses:
|For MBA Courses||100||100|
|For MCA Courses||100||100|
|For M.Tech/ M.Plan/ M.E./ M.Arch Course|
Anna University 2020 Syllabus
Anna University 2020 syllabus will be based on 10th and 12th level. Candidates must go through the complete syllabus for TANCET examination from below:
- For MBA Courses: For MBA courses questions will be prepared from the topics like Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and etc.
- For MCA Courses: Questions will be asked from the topics i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Awareness, Analytical Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning and etc.
- For Engineering Courses: Questions will be asked from the subjects i.e. Physics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science, Civil Engineering, Computer, Electrical Engineering etc.
Here are some tips that candidates may follow in order to perform well in the TANCET 2020 examination:
- Time management is going to be the key. Learn some shortcuts tricks and solve the problems of the mathematics quickly.
- Start with basic, make sure to clear your basic concept of the mathematics and logical reasoning.
- Solve mock test and sample papers, previous years question papers etc.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Eat healthy food and stay fit.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Anna University 2020 Admit Card
Anna University 2020 Admit card will be released in the second week of June 2020 for TANCET examination. Candidates can download their hall tickets for M.Sc. / MPhil courses from the first week of June 2020. Admit card will be released through online mode only.
Candidates will have to enter their user ID and password to download their admit card. Anna University Admit card will include details like name, examination center, exam date, father’s name, roll number and registration number etc. Candidates are advised to carry admit card on the day of examination.
Anna University 2020 Answer Key
Exam authority will release the answer key in the third week of June 2020. Anna University 2020 answer key will be released through online mode. Through the answer key candidates can calculate their marks scored in the examination.
Answer key will be available through the website. Through the answer key candidates will be able to know the correct answers to the question asked in the examination.
Anna University 2020 Application Form
Candidates must go through details about the Anna University 2020 application form from the given section:
- Application form will be made available through online mode.
- Candidates can fill their application form from the first week of May 2020 for UG/ PG courses.
- For M.Sc. / M.Phil. Courses candidates can fill their application form from the last week of April 2020.
- Fill all asked details like education, personal, address and other carefully in the application form.
- Upload your passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates who are applying for M.Sc. and M.Phil courses must upload their class 10th and 12th mark sheet, provisional certificate and etc. in the application form.
- Application form can be filled till the last week of May 2020.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- Keep the printout safe for other admission procedures.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode only.
- Candidates can pay their application fee sing credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Candidates can check application fee structure for all courses:
|For UG courses||Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST candidates)|
|For PG courses||Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST candidates)|
|For M.SC. / M.Phil. courses||Rs. 700/- (Rs. 350/- for SC/ ST candidates)|
Anna University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check Anna University 2020 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
For UG Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass their 10th and 12th class from any recognized board.
- Domicile: Candidates must have a domicile certificate of Tamil Nadu state.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must secure minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ ST candidates) marks in their qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Candidates those are appearing in their 12th class are also eligible to apply.
For PG Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates should have passed any Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or institutes.
- Marks: Candidates must obtained minimum of 50% (45% marks for SC/ ST candidates) marks in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates those have a valid score card of GATE 2018/ 2019/ 2020 can also apply.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in their final year of graduation can also apply.
If you have any other query about Anna University 2020 Admission, then you can ask us by leaving your comment below.