CUSAT 2024: CAT Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT) 2024 will be organized in first week of May 2024. CUSAT CAT is a university level exam organized every year by Cochin University of Science and Technology in various centers situated around the country. Students who are interested for admission in various UG/ PG coursescan apply for the test. For MBA, the university offers admission into through valid scores of KMAT/ CAT (IIM)/ CMAT. The students will be ranked/ selected based on their national level scores, GD and Interview rounds. For M.Tech, preference will be given to candidates with valid GATE scores. The application process will begin from January 2024. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding CUSAT 2024 from application process to final admission.
CUSAT 2024 Overview
|Name||CUSAT – CAT (Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||University level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Type of University||State Govt. owned autonomous University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG including B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA & various others (except diploma/ Ph.D)|
|Exam mode||Online CBT (for UG/ PG except MBA/ M.Tech/ Diploma/ Ph.D)|
|University campuses||Kochi, Kuttanad, Alappuzha|
CUSAT 2024 Exam Dates
Here, we have mentioned complete CUSAT CAT dates 2024 related to various events:
For B.Tech & other UG/PG (except diploma/ Ph.D):
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Notification release||December 2023/ January 2024|
|Release of applications online (all UG/ PG)||3rd-4th week of January 2024|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of March 2024|
|Last date to apply with fine||3rd week of March 2024|
|Remittance of fee (online only)||January to March 2024|
|Release of admit cards||4th week of April to 1st week of May 2024|
|CUSAT CAT 2024 exam (UG/ PG)||1st week of May 2024|
For M.Tech/ MBA:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Notification release||December 2023/ January 2024|
|Release of online applications (MBA & M.Tech)||4th week of January 2024|
|Last date to apply (M.Tech)||1st/2nd week of April 2024|
(with late fee upto 3rd week of April 2024)
|Last date to apply (MBA)||4th week of May 2024|
(with late fee upto last week of May 2024)
|Remittance of fee (online only)||4th week of January to 3rd week of April 2024 (M.Tech)|
4th week of January to last week of May 2024 (MBA)
CUSAT 2024 Application form
Applicants seeking admission into the University must go through below provided CUSAT 2024 Registration details:
- The registrations will begin online from 3rd-4th week of January 2024 for various UG/ PG courses.
- Complete application process is a multi -step process and should be carried out carefully.
- Students are advised to go through complete instructions in prospectus before filling out the registration form.
- Last date to apply will be till March 2024. For MBA/ M.Tech, last date of application form filling will be till April/ May 2024.
- In case students miss the registrations, they can also apply till March/ April 2024 with late fee as mentioned in the table above.
- While registration only use mobile number and email id which is active throughout the admission process.
- At the time of uploading, be ready with your documents as per mentioned specifications.
- The application fee has to be paid by applicants through online mode.
- Once the fee is remitted, it is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Online fee payment can be done through debit card/ credit card or net banking of almost all banks.
|Categories||All India/ State Merit||CGW/ CGW|
|General||One paper – Rs. 500|
Two papers – Rs. 1100
|One paper – Rs. 500|
Two papers – Rs. 6100
|Kerala SC/ ST||One paper – Rs. 250|
Two papers – Rs. 500
|One paper – Rs. 250|
Two papers – Rs. 5500
How to Apply for CUSAT 2024:
Go through the step-by-step process discussed below to know about application process:
- Step 1: Online Registration – Students are required to register by filling all mandatory details after which a confirmation mail and SMS will be sent to candidates.
- Step 2: Filling Details – Login with the provided login details and start filling application form with personal details and reservation details.
- Step 3: Uploading of Images – Students are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the format and size mentioned.
- Step 4: Selection of Course – Students must be careful while selecting programmes and test codes.
- Step 5: Short preview – A preview will be shown after submission of course details. In case any change is required then make it and save changes.
- Step 6: Payment – Now candidates have to pay the application fee as per their categories through the available payment modes.
- Step 7: Selection of centre – After fee payment, list of available test centres will be displayed. Candidates must make one choice for which the seats are available.
- Step 8: Finally submit the application form and print the fee receipt and application for any use in future.
CUSAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Check below CUSAT CAT Eligibility criteria discussed for admission in various UG/ PG courses:
General Eligibility Criteria:
- For candidates applying for various UG courses, must have passed 12th/ or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- For candidates applying for various PG courses, must have UG degree/ or its equivalent from a recognized university.
For B.Tech Programme:
- As per minimum qualification, candidate must be passed in Plus two exam of Kerala state or any other exam accepted as equivalent with PCM subjects as optional subjects securing minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% in PCM subjects put together.
- Those who belong to ST/ SC of Kerala communities are eligible to apply if they qualify minimum passing marks.
- Those belonging to SEBC of kerala state of NCL category are eligible for 5% relaxation in minimum required marks.
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in any subject with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board/ university.
- Those belonging to Kerala SC/ ST communities are eligible for applying, if they obtain minimum passing marks in qualifying degree.
- Students must have valid marks in any of the management aptitude test – KMAT/ CMAT/ CAT (IIM).
CUSAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Know about CUSAT Exam pattern 2024 in the below given sections:
- Exam mode: CUSAT CAT will be conducted through online CBT mode.
- Number of questions: There will be total 250 questions for B.Tech paper.
- Type of Questions: Paper will have multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Time Duration: Exam will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded 3 marks for every correct answer. For every incorrect response -1 mark will be deducted.
Check below distribution of questions and time for various courses:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
CUSAT Syllabus 2024
Candidates can go through complete CUSAT CAT Syllabus 2024 online from the website. For UG level admissions, the CAT syllabus will be set from 12th level/ equivalent level syllabus. Likewise, for PG admissions the syllabus will be set from UG level syllabus.
In Engineering course, there will be questions from subject papers – Mathematics and Science. The various topics from which the questions will be formulated for exam includes – Number System – Sequences, Series, Complex Numbers Equations – Quadratic Equations, Differential Equations Logical and Reasoning – Sets, Relations, Functions, Mathematical Reasoning Algebra – Vector Algebra, Matrices, Determinants Geometry – Coordinate Geometry Integrals – Calculus Physics The topics in physics include Electronics – Current Electricity Velocity, etc.
CUSAT Preparation Tips 2024
For exam preparation, candidates can take help from below given CUSAT CAT preparation tips:
- Make a preparation strategy before starting exam preparation.
- Collect all the information related to exam and note it down.
- Test your knowlege by taking mock tests.
- Solve previous year papers and sample papers for better understanding of pattern.
- Study for exam from best and most recommended books or study material available offline/ online.
CUSAT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
CUSAT 2024 Admit Card
The CUSAT 2024 Admit Card will be released in the last week of April 2024 by the authority. Candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode. To download the admit card, candidates will have to enter their login credentials such as application number and date of birth in the online portal.
Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy of the CUSAT admit card for the day of examination. The authority will not allow the candidates to sit in the exam without having a valid admit card along with a ID proof.
CUSAT 2024 Answer Key
The authority will release the CUSAT answer key 2024 after the exam will be concluded. Candidates will be able to download the answer key through online mode from the website. It will consist of all the correct answers asked in the entrance exam.
The objection facility will also be provided by the authority to the candidates in case of any discrepancy in the answer key. After considering all the raised objection, the final answer key will be released by the authority.
CUSAT 2024 Result
The CUSAT result 2024 will be published by the authority through online mode on the website. Those candidates who will be appeared in the examination will be able to access the result.
Candidates will be able to check the result from the month of May/June 2024. After providing the valid details, the result of CUSAT 2024 will appear on the screen. Candidates must keep the result safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
CUSAT 2024 Cut Off
The authority will release the CUSAT cut off 2024 for all the shortlisted candidates through online mode. It will be the minimum marks candidates will have to obtained in the exam to be eligible for the further admission procedure.
According to the shortlisted candidates for the admission procedure, the merit list will also be released by the authority. All those candidates with better ranks will be eligible to participate in the admission procedure. As per the separate cut off released by the authority for all the categories, the seats will be allocated to the candidates.
Factors Affecting Cut off:
We are providing below the several factors on which the cut off list depends:
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Total number of available seats
- The number of candidates appeared in the examination.
- Number of candidates qualified the exam.
CUSAT 2024 Counselling
The CUSAT counselling procedure 2024 will be organized by the authority in the month of June/ July 2024. It will be commenced through online mode. Qualified candidates in the exam will be called for the counselling procedure. There will be various rounds in the counselling includes, interviews and group discussion, etc.
Candidates will have to register themselves on the website to participate in the counselling session. At the time of counselling, candidates will also have to carry some of the important documents for verification rounds.
Required Documents for Verification:
- CUSAT 2024 admit card
- CUSAT 2024 Scorecard
- Transfer Certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Passing years mark sheets
- Admission/ counselling letter, etc.
In case of any query related to CUSAT 2024 exam, candidates can feel free to ask their queries below in the comment section.