IIFT 2018: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the top 10 business schools of India that offers MBA in International Business (IB). Candidates desiring of taking admission into IIFT have to appear in IIFT entrance exam 2018. IIFT exam will be held in the month of November. Here, candidates can check complete information about IIFT 2018 including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus.
IIFT 2018 Exam Date
Check the tentative exam schedule of IIFT 2018 from the below table:
|Starting of application form||3rd week of July 2017|
|Last date to fill the application form||1st week of September 2017|
|Last date to obtain application form from IIFT Counter or though post||1st week of September 2017|
|Last date for Receipt of filled-in application form||1st week of September 2017|
|Last date for obtaining and receiving application form for Foreign Nationals/NRIs/Children of NRIs||3rd week of February 2018|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||3rd week of November 2017|
|Date of Examination||4th week of November 2017|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of December 2017|
|Date of Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing||January/February 2018|
IIFT Registration 2018
- IIFT 2018 registration can be done through online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can obtain the application forms offline from IIFT counter.
- Forms can also be obtained through post by sending a DD of requisite amount along with the “Request Application”.
- The candidates belonging from SC/ST/PH/OBC(non-creamy layer) category have to send the printout of the online application form along with self attested Caste certificate.
- Candidates making payment through DD have to mandatorily send the DD along with printout of filled-in online application form to the IIFT office.
- All the enclosures should be reached by registered post/speed post/courier only to the following address:
Section Officer (GSD),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B- 21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi- 110016.
Ph. 011-2685 7908
The Application Fee is Rs.1550/- for General candidates; Rs.775/- for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates and US $ 80 (INR Rs. 4500/-) for Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI Candidates.
Two Modes are available for fee payment:
- Online Mode – Credit/Debit Card (VISA/Master)
- Offline Mode – Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.
Before starting the application process, candidates must ensure that he/she meets the eligibility criteria of IIFT 2018 given below:
- Nationality: Indian as well as Foreign nationals are eligible to take admission in IIFT.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-duration in any discipline.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing the final year examination of graduation can also apply. However, Such candidates are required to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination latest by 7th October 2018.
- No Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed by the authority to be eligible for IIFT 2018.
IIFT Exam Pattern
Get complete details about IIFT exam pattern 2018 from here:
- Exam Mode: IIFT is the pen and paper test.
- Sections: The question paper will include 4 sections namely English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Analysis.
- Number of Questions: Total 123 questions will be appeared in the examination. Number of questions varies every year.
- Question Paper Type: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Language: The medium of the test will be English only.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each section will contain different marks ranges from 0.5 to 1.00.
- Negative Marking: There is a provision of negative marking. 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|English Comprehension||36 questions|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25 questions|
|Logical Reasoning||42 questions|
|Quantitative Analysis||20 questions|
There is no fixed syllabus for IIFT 2018. However, questions will be asked from English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis. Students are advised to prepare these sections thoroughly. Aspirants can also practice the previous years question papers to get idea about the kind of questions asked.
How to Prepare for IIFT
Here are the few preparation tips for preparing the IIFT exam:
- Make your exam strategy including time management, speed with accuracy and strategy for how to score maximum marks.
- Students are advised to practice mock tests to analyze your strengths and weakness.
- Don’t mark the answer casually as 1/3rd will be deduct for each wrong answer.
- Study from a right book matters a lot therefore look for the best book.
- Solve the previous years question papers.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
IIFT Admit Card 2018
- IIFT 2018 admit card will be sent to the candidates by post in the first or second week of November 2018.
- Candidates can also download the admit card through the official website of IIFT in the third week of November 2018.
- To download the admit card, students need to enter application number and password.
- Candidates have to reach the examination venue with admit card and one ID proof.
- IIFT Answer key will enable the candidates to estimate the chances of selection for further rounds of admission.
- The answer key will be published few days after the examination.
- IIFT Result 2018 will be published in the last week of December 2017.
- The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of the candidates selected for further rounds of admission process.
IIFT Score Card
- IIFT 2018 Score Card will be available for downloading after few days of the result announcement.
- Publication of score card will be done in the last week of December 2017.
- Candidates can download their score card by entering roll number and DOB.
IIFT Admission 2018
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of written test are required to appear the further rounds of selection process.
- The further processes include Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing. It will be held in January/February 2018 at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
- Admission of Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI Candidates in IIFT will be done on the basis of GMAT score only.
For any queries regarding IIFT 2018, you may leave your comments below.