IMU CET 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
IMU CET 2023 (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Indian Maritime University. It is a university-level entrance exam conducted once every year. The IMU CET provide admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates who want to apply for the exam can get admission in B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc., etc. Only those candidates who will qualify for IMU CET will be eligible for admission.The qualifying candidates can get admission to any of the five campuses located in Cochin, Visakhapatnam, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. In this article, we have provided details about IMU CET 2023 such as application process, eligibility criteria, etc.
IMU CET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||IMU CET 2023|
|Full-Form of IMU CET||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Post Graduate|
|Organizing Body||Indian Maritime University|
|Level of Exam||University level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IMU CET 2023 Exam Dates
Check the complete tentative exam dates for the IMU CET 2023 examination:
|Online registration begins||4th week of March 2023|
|Last date of submission of forms||4th week of May 2023|
|Admit card release date||4th week of May 2023|
|IMU CET 2023||2nd week of June 2023|
|Announcement of Result||3rd week of June 2023|
|Counseling Process||4th week of June 2023|
IMU CET 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check the details about IMU CET 2023 Application Form given below:
- The application form for IMU CET 2023 will be released from fourth week of March 2023.
- The registration form will be available through online mode. Any offline facility will not be provided to fill the application form.
- Candidates will have to fill the application form by entering personal details, educational, choice of course, etc.
- Candidates need to upload scanned images of their signature, photograph, class 10thmark sheet, etc.
- The last date to submit the application form will be fourth week of May 2023.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode.
- There are payment gateways from which candidate can pay like net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Fee will be non-refundable.
Here in the table candidates can check application fee for all category candidates:
|General/ OBC||Rs 1000/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs 700/-|
How to Apply for IMU CET 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of IMU CET 2023 (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Click on “Registration” link.
- Step-3: Registration process will be completed in two steps i.e. basic registration & detailed registration.
- Step-4: Fill the application form with correct personal, educational, communication details.
- Step-5: Upload the required document for IMU CET application form according to the specifications.
- Step-6: Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Step-7: Take printout of the application form & keep it for other admission procedure.
IMU CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the complete eligibility criteria for the IMU CET examination:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass class 12th or equivalent from recognized board.
- Age Limit: The maximum age for Male candidates will be 25 years to 28 years (SC/ ST -30 Years). The maximum age to apply for female candidates will be 27 years to 30 years (SC/ ST -32 Years).
- Subjects: Candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must secure at least 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English subject.
For B.Sc. course:
- Qualification: The candidate must have passed 12th class or equivalent from recognized board.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidate must score 60% marks in PCM subject and 50% marks in English.
- Relaxation: The relaxation will be given for 5% in English marks to candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Marks: Candidate must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized university/institute.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit criteria.
- Relaxation: There will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks (except English marks).
- Eligibility Medical: All candidates who qualify for this course have to submit Physical fitness certificate from registered medical practitioner.
IMU CET Exam Pattern 2023
Check the complete exam pattern for the IMU CET 2023 examination:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 120 questions in the paper.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours to solve the paper.
- Type of Questions: The question paper contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) only.
IMU CET 2023 Syllabus
The IMU CET syllabus is different for each program as per the subject required for the examination. The UG courses will consist of questions from the 11th and 12th academic syllabus whereas the syllabus for PG courses will consist of questions from relevant UG level courses.
The following is the syllabus of IMU CET 2023:
|General Knowledge||Basic GK, Current Affairs|
|English||Parts of speech, Synonyms and Antonyms, Tense, Idioms, and Phrases, Comprehension passages|
|General Aptitude and Reasoning||Algebra, Numerical computation, Abstract reasoning, Critical reasoning, Time and Distance, Ratio, Mixture and allegation, Heights and distance, Word groups, Pipes and cistern, Clocks and Calendar, Boats and Streams, Structural analysis|
|Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics||Questions from the 12th class|
MBA CET and M.Sc. Syllabus:
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
The candidates who want to prepare well and score high marks in the entrance exam must follow these preparation tips regarding the IMU CET 2023:
- The candidate needs to complete the information about the exam paper pattern and syllabus.
- Prepare a suitable timetable which will help them in managing the time properly.
- The candidate must get good study material from the market and other coaching institutes.
- The candidate must solve the previous year’s question paper and mock tests before the date of the entrance exam.
- One must note down the important points at the time of preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IMU CET 2023 Admit Card
The authority will release the admit card from fourth week of May 2023. The admit card contains some personal details like name, gender, courses opted for, category, etc. The admit card will be released through online mode.
In order to download the admit card candidates have to enter their User id and password provided at the time of application form filling. The Admit card is an important document and candidates have to carry it to the exam centre as without it candidates will not be allowed to be in the examination hall.
IMU CET 2023 Result
The IMU CET 2023 Result will be available in the form of a merit list. The candidates have to enter the Application form number to check the result. The result will be declared from third week of June 2023.
The result contains the rank of the candidate, application number, candidate name, parent name and Gender category. The IMU University sends the automated e-mails, SMS at various stages of the admission process. Candidates are advised to keep their results safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
IMU CET 2023 Cut Off
The cut-off will be declared after the release of result. There are various factors determine the qualifying scores set by the Board of examination. The main factors are the number of seats available and the number of candidates for the exam.
The cut off is then decided and published for the candidates to achieve the qualifying score and move with counselling process. Candidates must score more than the expected cut-off to be eligible for the admission procedure.
IMU CET 2023 Counselling
The IMU CET 2023 counselling will be conducted for candidates to score the cut off marks after IMU CET exam. After the declaration of result counselling will be organised. The counselling process will be commenced from fourth week of June 2023.
Candidates must register and fill options according to preference during the IMU CET counselling procedure. The seats will be assigned based on candidates rank, preference, and available seats. The selected candidates must confirm their allotment. Candidates have to report to the allotted centre with all the required documents for confirming their admission.
If you have any query about IMU CET 2023, you can ask by leaving your queries in comments below.