JKCET 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2018) is a state level entrance exam. This exam is managed by the JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations). It is conducted once in a year for admission in Engineering and Architecture (B.Tech & B.Arch) programmes. These programmes are offered by the various government and private institutions situated in J&K state. Check this article to get complete details of JKCET 2018 including application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
JKCET Exam Dates 2018
Check the tentative schedule of JKCET 2018 is given below:
|Availability of Application Form||3rd week of January 2018|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form||4th week of February 2018|
|Admit Card Issued Date||Last week of April 2018|
|JKCET 2018 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Result||4th week of May 2018|
|Conduction of Counselling||1st week of July 2018|
JKCET Application Form 2018
Candidates have to follow the procedure to get & fill the application given below:
- JKCET 2018 Application Form will be issued through online mode only.
- No application will be provided through offline mode.
- Candidates will get the application form from the 3rd week of January 2018 till the 4th week of February 2018.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature & thumb impression at the time of filling the application form in a JPG/JPEG Format.
- The photograph maximum size should be 500 KB & signature/thumb impression size should be 200 KB.
- Candidates also have to upload copies of permanent residence certificate, marks certificate (if the result is announced) & category certificate (if applicable).
- After successfully filling the application form, candidates have to take a printout and keep safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 800/- as an application fee for all categories.
- Candidates can make payment through online or offline mode.
- The online payment can be done through the HDFC integrated payment gateway with any national credit/debit card.
- The offline payment can be made through bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank.
Candidates have to check their eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The eligibility is given here:
- Residential: Candidate must be a permanent citizen of J&K state.
- Qualification Exam: The minimum qualification should be 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score the minimum 50% marks (40% for the reserved category candidates).
- Subjects: For engineering courses, candidates have to qualify their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM & English.
- Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be 17 years completed on or before 31st December 2018.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for JKCET.
JKCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through offline mode (pen-paper based).
- No. of Papers: The examination will consist of two papers each of PCM and PCB group.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be comprised of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: 60 questions will be asked from per subject.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct answers.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking for each wrong choice. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Name of the Stream||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|PCM & PCB||A||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)||120||2 hours|
The syllabus for Engineering & Architecture will comprise of the 11th & 12th class. Candidates can go through the complete syllabus of these classes including the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The question paper will be divided into PCM and PCB.
Below, we are providing reservation of seats as per the category:
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
- Make a study plan & time table as per the subjects & topics.
- Choose best books for exam preparation.
- Prepare according to your strength & weakness.
- Focus on the complete exam pattern & syllabus of the examination.
- Stay fit & healthy physically & mentally. Avoid junk foods & alcohol consumption.
- Give a proper time for revision.
- Solved sample paper & last year question papers.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
JKCET Admit Card 2018
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card from the last week of April 2018.
- The JKCET 2018 admit card will be available through online mode from our website.
- The admit card will contain the exam & candidate details such as venue of exams, exam date, time of exam, name of the candidate, category, gender, etc.
- It is mandatory to paste the photograph on top of admit card after getting the admit card.
- A candidate will be allowed in examination centre, only if they have valid admit card.
- Candidates have to save the admit card untill the admission process over.
JKCET Answer Key 2018
- JKCET 2018 Answer Key will be posted after a few days of the commencement of the exam.
- The answer key will be published by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
- In case, candidates will find any mistake in the answer key, they can send the written appeal with the supported document proof of standard textbooks on the prescribed format.
- Candidates have to submit Rs.1000 as a challenge fee.
JKCET Result 2018
- JKCET 2018 Result will be published only through online mode in the 4th week of May 2018.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the exam, the merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list will be prepared separately in the descending order for general merit category & for other category.
JKCET Counselling 2018
- Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list.
- The counselling schedule will be released through online mode & also in the two leading English newspapers of the J & K state.
- Candidates will get their counselling letter through online mode from our website. No separate call letter will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates must bring their original certificates along with the Rs. 500/- as a counselling fee.
- In counselling session, candidates have to select the college/programmes according to their preference.
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Score Card of Qualifying Exam
- Challan Copy
If you have any query regarding JKCET 2018, you can leave your query in the comment box.