Karnataka PGCET 2021: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka PGCET 2021 will be organized in the first week of July 2021 through offline mode. Karnataka PGCET is a state level entrance exam conducted every year by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Through this entrance test, every year candidates are enrolled for MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M.Arch admissions (part or full time). Also students are provided lateral entry admission into MCA programme. Candidates on qualifying this common entrance test will be eligible for PG admissions in various institutions located in Karnataka state. Through this article, candidates can check complete details about Karnataka PGCET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below Karnataka PGCET Exam dates for the 2021 session for events:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Starting of application form||3rd week of May 2021|
|Online Registration Close||1st week of June 2021|
|Hall Ticket||4th week of June 2021|
|Karnataka 2021 PGCET Exam Date||1st week of July 2021|
|Releasing of Answer key||2nd week of July 2021|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of August 2021|
|Counselling Start||1st week of September 2021|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form
Students can know about Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form in the below given section:
- Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form will be made available from third week of May 2021.
- Students will be able to fill the application online till first week of June 2021.
- Students while registering for Karnataka PGCET must provide their name, course for which they are applying, date of birth and other required details.
- While uploading the images students must be ready with the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Students are advised to fill complete details in the form correctly as no correction will be allowed after final submission of the form.
- Multiple applications will get rejected. So candidates must fill single application form.
- Students who have qualified GATE also have to fill the application form to apply for M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.E admission. Such candidates can apply through GATE scores and need not to appear for entrance test.
- After completion of application process, students will have to print the application form and payment proof. The printed application and payment proof must be kept for further references.
Payment Mode: Students can make fee payment through offline mode via Challan at any State Bank of Mysore Branch. Applicants can also pay through e-payment at any post office.
|General Candidates||Rs. 650|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the students before applying for admission into various courses:
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile: Candidates of Karnataka state should have domicile of Karnataka to get reservation.
- Other State Candidates: Non locals can also apply for Karnataka PGCET but they will not be eligible for reservation.
For M.E /M. Tech/ M. Arch Course:
- Qualification: Passed B. Tech/ M. Sc or equivalent degree from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Student must have secured minimum of 50% marks (45% for ST/ SC/ OBC category of Karnataka state).
- GATE Candidates: Students applying through national level scores must have a valid GATE score card.
For MCA Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed UG degree with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured 50% marks in graduation if he doesn’t belong to reserved category and for reserved category 45% marks are required.
- Subjects: Student must have passed graduation degree with Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer Application, Business Mathematics and Business Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation level.
For MBA Course:
- Qualification: Candidates should have a three years Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: In the qualifying exam student must have secured minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can know details of Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern in the given below section:
- Mode of Exam: Karnataka PGCET entrance test will be held through offline mode. The answers are to be marked by the students on OMR sheet with pen.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours & 30 minutes will be provided to complete the paper.
- Language medium: The exam paper language will be English.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be there in the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of 100 marks for each course.
- Marking Pattern: No negative marking will be there for making incorrect responses. For every correct answer 1 mark will be given.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||75||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can know about Karnataka PGCET Syllabus for various courses in the below given section:
Candidates will be able to check the complete syllabus online on the website. Syllabus will vary for various admission courses. Students can prepare from the graduation level topics.
For ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch: As per the branch chosen by the candidates the syllabus will be set for the entrance test. From technical syllabus there will be 60 questions in the paper, the remaining questions will be from Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
For MCA: The syllabus of MCA for the entrance test will consist of questions from General English, General Awareness, Computer Awareness, Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics.
For MBA: The syllabus of MBA for the entrance test will consist of questions from English grammar, Vocabulary and literature section. The questions will be from Reasoning and General Intelligence, General Knowledge and Quantitative analysis.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Students can take help of below given Karnataka PGCET preparation tips to get good marks in the entrance test and qualify the exam:
- Students must note down important points at one place and revise these notes.
- Check the prescribed syllabus and exam pattern before starting your exam preparation.
- Students can practice previous year exam papers and sample papers for a better practice.
- Take mock tests and analyze your exam preparation standards.
- Prepare for the entrance exam with good source of study materials.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of KEA PGCET 2021 will be made available from fourth week of June 2021. Students will have to enter their application number and password for admit card.
Students after downloading the admit card must check details in it like exam time, exam centre, photograph and signature of the students.
Students after downloading the admit card must check the present details in the admit card. In case of any mistake in the admit card, students must contact the officials and must rectify it before the exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer Key
The Answer Key of KEA PGCET 2021 will be made available on the website by online mode. It will be released in the second week of July 2021. After the release of answer key, candidates will be also able to file objections related to the answers.
The objections can be made within three days after publishing answer key with documents and justification. Students are advised to make objections before the last date as objections received after the last date will not be considered by the board.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result
The Result of Karnataka PGCET 2021 will be declared in third week of August 2021. Candidates will be able to check their result using their roll number and other details.
Candidates must secure a rank and get qualified by securing the cut off marks, to be eligible for the admission. The method of tie breaking criteria will be used in case of candidates securing same marks.
The authority will release merit list for all courses prepared on the basis of marks secured in the entrance test.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling will be held in online mode for allotment of seats. The counselling will be organized through in the first week of September 2021. Candidates can check the counselling schedule on the website. Students will have to bring their original documents and certificates for verification.
The documents required to be brought during counselling process are mentioned below:
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Qualifying exam marks card
- Degree certificate
- Category certificate (required only for resident of Karnataka)
- Income certificate
- Print out of online application form
- Transfer certificate, etc.
If you have any other query related to Karnataka PGCET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.