Karnataka PGCET 2024: Application Form, Registration, Eligibility
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Exam will be conducted in second week of November 2024. It will be organised by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority). Karnataka PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam conducted every year. Candidates who want to take admission in Postgraduate courses will be able to apply for exam. Qualified candidates will get admission in M.Tech/ ME/ MBA/ MCA/ M.Arch., etc. courses in various Government and Private Universities. Interested candidates will be able to apply for exam through online mode. Here in this article, we have provided details about Karnataka PGCET 2024 such as application form, exam dates, eligibility, etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Overview
|Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
|Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
|MBA, MCA, M.Tech
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Exam Dates
Here are tentative exam dates for Karnataka PGCET 2024 given below:
|Online application form
|2nd week of October 2024
|Last date to submit
|Last week of October 2024
|Last week of October 2024
|2nd week of November 2024
|2nd week of November 2024
|2nd week of November 2024
|Declaration of Result
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Application Form
Check the details about Karnataka PGCET 2024 Application Form with some instructions below:
- Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2024 will start in second week of October 2024.
- Candidates must fill the application form with details such as candidate name, academic details, phone number, etc.
- The application form will be available through online mode only.
- While filling the application form, candidates must upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in specific format.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till last week of October 2024.
- The authority will also provide the correction facility in last week of October 2024 but for some specific fields only.
- At last candidates must submit the form and take the printout of same for future usage.
- The Karnataka PGCET 2024 Application fee will be paid through offline mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay the fee using Challan of the specified bank.
- Application fee will not be refunded once paid.
The application fee for different categories will be as follow:
How to Apply for Karnataka PGCET 2024
- Step-1: Visit the website (link will be given above).
- Step-2: Select the New User and enter the registration details.
- Step-3: Candidates must login by entering User ID and Password.
- Step-4: Fill the application form with details i.e., personal details, education qualification, etc.
- Step-5: Upload the scanned photograph and signature to complete the application form.
- Step-6: Candidates must pay the fee through offline mode.
- Step-7: Take the printout of the filled-in application form for future references.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Karnataka PGCET 2024 will be as mentioned below:
For ME/ M. Arch/ M.Tech course:
- Qualification: The candidate must be graduated in B. Tech/ M.Sc. courses from any recognized university/ institute.
- Marks: In qualifying exam, candidates must score at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Score: Candidates must have valid score card of GATE.
For MBA course:
- Qualification: Candidates must be graduated in relevant field or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidates must obtain at least 50% (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Those candidates appearing in final year in 2024 will also be eligible to apply.
For MCA course:
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Marks: The candidates must score minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Subject: In qualifying exam, candidates must pass with Mathematics as mandatory subject with any one from Statistics/ Computer Science subject.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the following details regarding Karnataka PGCET exam pattern 2024:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes to solve the paper.
- Number of questions: The question paper will contain total 100 questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English language.
- Type of Questions: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be given. There will be no negative marking for exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus 2024 will be based on various topics such as general knowledge, quantitative analysis, solving skills of candidates. Here we have provided some important topics of the syllabus for different courses below:
|Process Control and instrumentation
|Chemical reaction engineering
|Industrial pollution control
|Chemical Process industries
|Mass transfer operations
|Elements of civil engineering and strength of materials
|Building engineering science
|Water supply and sanitary engineering
Computer Science and Engineering syllabus:
|Data Structure and Algorithms
|Formal language and automata theory
|Login design and computer organization
Electrical Engineering Syllabus
|Electric circuits and fields
|Analog and digital electronics
|Electrical and electronics
|Biomedical engineering and medical electronics
Following are some preparation tips & tricks given for the candidates to prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2024 exam:
- Go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a balanced schedule for study and follow it strictly.
- Participate in the mocks tests.
- Make notes of important topics and review them from time to time.
- Mental and physical well-being can be fair by doing yoga.
- Don’t take the stress. Practice meditation to ease your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Admit Card
Karnataka PGCET Admit Card 2024 will be available through online mode. To check the admit card, candidates must enter application number and date of birth. It will be released in second week of November 2024. Candidates who will register successfully for the examination will get the admit card.
The applicants must not forget to carry the admit card on the day of the examination. No student will be allowed to sit in the exam hall without admit card. All the exam details such as exam venue, dates & time will be mentioned in admit card. Along with hall ticket candidates also carry valid ID proof.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Answer Key
The answer key for Karnataka PGCET 2024 will release in second week of November 2024. It will be available through online mode. The answer key will provide answers to all the questions asked in the entrance exam. The answer key will be available in PDF Format.
The PGCET 2024 Answer Key will be released in two stages i.e., Provisional answer and final Karnataka PGCET answer key. The candidates will be allowed to raise objections against the provisional Karnataka PGCET answer key via login.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Result
The Karnataka PGCET 2024 Result will declare in December 2024 through online mode. The result will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. The separate merit list will also be prepared for different courses.
The candidate will be able to check the result by entering their application number and roll number. Candidates will be invited to attend the counselling round on the basis of their names in the list. Candidates will also be able to download the rank card from the website.
Karnataka PGCET 2024 Counselling
The Karnataka PGCET 2024 counselling will commence in December 2024. The counselling process will be organised for each qualified candidate of the examination through online mode. Candidates will also have to enter preference of college and branch at the time of counselling.
Authority will start the Karnataka PGCET counselling procedure including various rounds as per the availability of seats after each round of counselling. The seats will be based on marks scored in entrance exam. Candidates will also have to bring their following mentioned original & photostated document at the time of verification.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Class 10th marksheet/ certificate
- Class 12th marksheet/ certificate
- Admit Card
- Marksheet of qualifying exam
- Category certificate
- ID Proof, etc.
Participating Institutes of Karnataka PGCET
Check the following various participating institutes that accept scores of Karnataka PGCET:
- Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad
- PES College of Engineering, Mandya
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore
If you have any other query related to Karnataka PGCET 2024, then you can leave your query in comment section below.