Kerala Polytechnic 2020: Allotment (Released), Dates, Rank List (Out)
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 3rd Allotment has been released for 1st year diploma courses. Admission procedure is organised by the Department of Technical Education, Kerala. Admission in various government/ private polytechnic institutions offer on the basis of direct admission. The admission is offered on the basis of marks obtained by the student in class 10th and 12th board exam. There is no entrance exam conducted by the authority for offering admissions. In this article we have provided the information about Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure which includes the important dates, application form, eligibility, result, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Notification – 3rd Allotment Out
Get complete updates of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Admission and counselling procedure from here. Click here to view details.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Seat Allotment (3rd Round) has been released for 1st year diploma courses. Check here for details.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Admission Procedure will start from May 2021. Check complete details about Kerala Polytechnic 2021 here.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Important Dates
Here, candidate can check the important dates for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure:
|Events||Dates 2020 |
|For First Year||For Lateral Entry|
|Online submission of application begins||8th October 2020||6th August 2020|
|Online submission of application ends||19th October 2020||26th August 2020|
|Last date to register for application at polytechnic colleges||–||–|
|Publication of provisional rank list and trial allotment||22nd October 2020||4th September 2020|
|Closing of appeal and submitting the revised options||24th October 2020||8th September 2020|
|Publication of final rank list and first allotment list||28th October 2020||11th September 2020|
|Last date for reporting/ joining based on 1st allotment||2nd November 2020||–|
|Publication of 2nd allotment list||5th November 2020||–|
|Commencement of class||6th November 2020||–|
|Last date for reporting/ joining based on 2nd allotment||10th November 2020||–|
|Publication of 3rd allotment list||13th November 2020||–|
|Last date for reporting/ joining based on 3rd allotment||19th November 2020||–|
|Publication of 4th allotment list||–||–|
|Counselling and admission||–||18th September 2020|
|Spot admission if any||–||23rd to 28th September 2020|
|Admission closes on||–||12th October 2020|
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Rank List
The authority has released the provisional rank list of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 on 4th September 2020 for lateral entry. Candidates can challenge the provisional list released by the officials. The final rank list has been published by the authority on 11th September 2020, after considering all complaints received by it.
Final rank list & 1st allotment has been released on 28th October 2020 for 1st year diploma courses. The Kerala Polytechnic 2020 merit list is prepared based on grade obtained by the candidates in their SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examination. In such cases, where the candidate has passed qualifying exam under the old system, the marks is converted into 9 points absolute grade to prepare the rank list.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Counselling
Candidates those have applied for the Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission can download the rank card from the website. Based on the 10th class marks the authority has prepared the rank list for each district. First seat allotment has been released on 28th October 2020 for 1st year diploma courses.
Participants can also check the individual rank by using application number. According to the rank list, candidates have called for counselling process. The counselling will be done in 3 phases. At the time of admission, candidates have to submit all the original documents for verification.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Admission Procedure
For Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission, candidates can register from 6th August 2020 for lateral entry & from 8th October 2020 for 1st year courses through online mode. Registration number is provided to the candidates through which they can check their status of an application. The rank list of the centralised allotment has been uploaded on the website.
Candidates have to register online and fill the application form signed by parents along with fee of any government/ aided private college. The selection list for admission is prepared on the basis of marks obtained, the choice filling and the reservation criteria.
Candidates have to exercise maximum of 25 options of college along with the course. Candidate can also check their individual rank list on the website. The trail allotment will be published along with the rank list. Candidate can download the allotment letter from the website.
Reservation of Seats:
Reservation of seats for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure is given below in the table:
|Persons with disabilities||3%|
|ITI/KGCE certificate holders||5%|
Documents required at the time of admission are given below:
- SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam certificate
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination along with one photocopy
- ITI/VHSE/KGCE mark list/ certificate
- Study certificate of class 9th and 10th
- Community certificate
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- Special reservation claimed certificate
- Medial fitness certificate
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Application Form
Candidate must go through the guidelines to fill the application form of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure:
- The Kerala Polytechnic 2020 application form has been started from 6th August 2020 for LE and from 8th October 2020 for first year admissions.
- The application form can be submitted through online mode.
- Self-attested copy of documents to be submitted along with the application form including Domicile certificate, Nativity certificate, Caste certificate, Income certificate, Medical fitness certificate, mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam.
- Single application form has to be submitted for multiple districts.
- Candidates seeking admission to the management seats in self-financing programmes should submit separate applications to the respective institutes in the format prescribed by the institution.
- Separate admission form shall be submitted by remitting fee in each case for the following categories:
- Application for regular seats in Government / Government Aided Programmes, Government Seats in Self Financing Programmes, Special Batch of Hearing Impaired (HI)
- Application for management seats under Aided Programmes to be submitted at respective polytechnics
- Application under NCC Quota
- Application under sports Quota
- The application fee is Rs. 150/-.
- For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates, is Rs. 75/-.
- The amount should be remitted at the polytechnic college at the time of submission of the printout of application processed online, along with the relevant documents.
The candidates those wish to apply for exam should check the Kerala Polytechnic 2020 eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Applying candidate should be a Indian citizen.
- Domicile: Applying candidate should be a Native of Kerala.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam from Kerala state or other equivalent exam.
- Candidate’s parents should be permanent employee in the state.
- One should pass the qualifying exam from the institution of Kerala.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify in the subjects such as English, Mathematics and Science.
- For CBSC/ ICSE board candidates, marks secured in science will be considered for calculating grade in place of physics and chemistry.
- Candidates those have applied or given the improvement exam cannot apply.
For any other query regarding the Kerala Polytechnic 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.