How to Fill IIT JAM 2020 Application Form (Started), Step by Step Process
IIT JAM 2020 Application Form is made available through online mode. The IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a national level examination supervised by the IITs and IISc on rotation basis. It will be organized by IIT, Kanpur this year. Students appear in this examination to get admission in M.Sc and Ph.D courses offered in different streams by IITs and IISc. Here, students can check details regarding How to Fill IIT JAM 2020 Application Form.
IIT JAM Application Form 2020 – Started
IIT JAM 2020 application form has been released on 5th September 2019. Check here for application form.
Students are informed that IIT JAM 2020 Application Form is available from 5th September 2019. The application form can be submitted via online mode through the website.
Application form will not be provided through offline method. The last date to submit the application will be 8th October 2019. Fill the application properly, as no changes will be allowed after the form submission.
The application fee can be paid through online and offline methods, i.e. debit/credit card or net banking (online method) and e-challan of State Bank of India.
Candidates note down that the application fee will be not refundable. Here, we have mentioned the application fee for different categories:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PwD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
Data Requirement for Filling Application form:
The following data will be required while filling the IIT JAM application form at JOAPS:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, personal mobile number, etc.).
- Please note that candidate name in the application form must exactly be same as per qualifying degree certificate.
- JAM 2020 Score Card will be issued as per the name filled in the application form.
- Prefix/title such as Mr./Shri/Dr/Mrs./Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility Degree details.
- College Name & address with PIN code.
- JAM paper/s.
- Choice of JAM Examination cities.
- High-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good-quality image of the candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate & PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Details of valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
Steps to Fill IIT JAM 2020 Application
Candidates will have to follow these steps to fill the IIT JAM application form:
Step-1: Register Online
Step-2: Log-In & Fill Details in Application
Step-3: Fee Payment
Step-4: Print Application Form
Watch the Complete Video of How to fill IIT JAM Application Form (previous year) :
Step-1: Register Online
Step-1.1: Visit Official Link
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM 2020 (Link will be provided above).
- Click on that link.
- A registration window (JOAPS) will appear on the screen.
Step-1.2: Make Registration
- Enter all the required details in the registration form such as Candidates Name, Email ID, Mobile Number and other details.
- After filling the details, click on “submit” button
- After successful registration, students will receive an Enrollment ID sent to the registered email ID and Contact Number.
Step-2: Fill Details in the Application Form
Candidates are required to use their Enrollment ID and Password to login to the website.
After login, candidates are needed to click on “Edit Application Form” & fill the following details.
Step-2.2: JAM 2020 Exam Details
Enter JAM 2020 exam details like no. of paper, paper subject and exam city preferences.
Step-2.3: Applicant Personal Details
Parent/guardian’s name & mobile number, city preferences, number and choice of test paper(s), date of birth, gender, address for communication, category & PwD status and other required details.
In this step, candidates will have to verify their email id and mobile number by entering the OTPs given to them through their mail and contact sms.
Step-2.4: Communication Details
Enter the proper address with details of valid personal ID information (give ID proof number).
Step-2.5: Qualification Details
Qualifying degree, percentage of marks/CGPA, year of passing, college name and address, etc.
Step-2.6: Upload Scanned Images
- Go through the upload images option.
- Choose the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable) one by one and upload them.
Candidates are suggested to prepare the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate as per the specification given below:
- The photograph should be colored with White or a very light background.
- Image should be taken after 1st August 2019.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions.
- The size of the JPEG image can be 480 x 640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel).
- Minimum pixel size of the JPEG image can be 240 X 320. File size of the image should be in the range of 5 KB to 200 KB.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area.
- Mobile phone & other self-composed portraits are not accepted.
- The signature should be put in a rectangular box size 7 cm × 2 cm (width x height) on an A4 white paper.
- Signature must be done with black or dark blue ink.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 160 x 560(maximum pixel resolution) and 80 x 280 (minimum pixel resolution).
- File size of the image should be in the range of 5 KB to 100 KB.
Step-3: Fee Payment
- After uploading the images, candidates can proceed to make the fee payment. The application fee can be paid through online and offline mode.
- In online mode, the fee payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking account. Candidates are required to enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- In offline mode, students are required to take printout of the e-challan form and submit the application fee to the nearest branch of SBI Bank.
Step-4: Print Application Form
- After completing all steps of the application form, students can take the printout of the filled application form.
- Students are suggested to keep safe the printed application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
Application Scrutiny and Rectification:
All the applications submitted by the candidates will be scrutinized to verify the accuracy of the data which are filled by the candidates. It will be scrutinized with submitted supporting documents and clarity of the photograph, signature, and other relevant supporting documents
If everything will be found OK, the application will be accepted by the authority. Otherwise, defects in the application will be marked and intimated to the candidate for rectification within a stipulated time period.
The application status & defect marked in the application will be informed to the candidates via email or SMS in a registered email ID & mobile number.
The latest application status will be uploaded after receipt and scrutiny of the application. The status of application can be checked anytime by logging into JOAPS.
For any other queries regarding How to Fill IIT JAM 2020 Application Form, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.