Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

MBBS Admission in Maharashtra 2020Maharashtra is an Indian state which is sprawling in the west-central India. Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay), is the capital city of this state. Maharashtra has many famous government and private institutions for pursuing higher education in the field of medical science. The average literacy rate of the state is 82.34%, according to the census 2011. In this article, interested candidates can check the complete information related to the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.

Get latest news & updates about Delhi MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Admission Procedure

Admission into the MBBS and BDS courses is done on the basis of NEET exam. It is a national level entrance test which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Also, for admission into various renowned medical institutions like JIPMER and AIIMS, NEET Scores will be considered.

Entrance Exams

There is only a national level entrance exam through which eligible candidates can get admission in the medical courses. No state level and university level entrance exam is conducted.

NEET-UG is conducted every year. On the basis of its score card candidates can apply for any medical college in the state through the counselling procedure. After qualifying the entrance exam, candidates can take part in 15% AIQ as well as 85% state quota seat counselling in their state.

Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra

Maharashtra is one of the most sought destination for the candidates those seeking for admission in top medical colleges.

The top medical colleges in Maharashtra are Armed Forces Medical College – Pune, Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research – Latur, Government Dental College & Hospital – Mumbai, Bharati Vidyapeeth University – Pune and many more.

Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Candidates are advised to first read the basic eligibility and then proceed to fill the application form. If any candidate will find to be ineligible for the examination in later stage their candidature will be cancelled on the spot.

• Candidate should be India citizen.
  • OCI candidates can also apply.
  • The lower age limit to apply is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
  • The upper age limit is 25 years and 30 years for SC/ST candidates.
  • Candidates should clear the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCB and English subject.
  • Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
  • The qualifying examination should be passed with 50% minimum marks (40% for reserve category candidates).

Selection Procedure

It is necessary for the candidates to pass NEET entrance exam to be eligible for admission in MBBS/BDS programmes. Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) & Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) are the counselling conducting authorities for admission to 15% all India quota seats. State colleges of Maharashtra conducted their own counselling for the rest of 85% quota seats.

Seat allotment will be carried out on the basis of candidates marks obtained in the entrance test. Candidates have to fill the preference of colleges in which they are looking for admission. With the provisional seat allotment letter candidates can get admission into the allotted college.

Pune MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Mumbai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Documents Required

Candidates have to bring the original documents along with one set of photocopy required at the time of reporting for admission.

• NEET 2020 Admit Card
  • NEET 2020 Rank Card
  • 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Category Certificate
  • Domicile Certificate
  • Character Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Passport-size Photographs

If you have other queries about Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.

1. Sujit says:

I am from Bihar can take admission in MBBS course in Maharashtra I have no domicile

2. AMIT SHAH says:

hello sir,
    please tell me what is a category certificate,characte certificate and a migration certificate and where to get them.Also earlier documents said to get a Health certificate…Is that needed or not?

3. Nikhil dongare says:

Sir I got 212 marks in NEET can I apply for MBBS ii nn Maharashtra I am SC candidate

4. d k rao says:

any fee reduction is available in all India 15% quota admissions in Pvt.Medical colleges.

5. Aishwarya says:

I’m from maharashtra. My query is can I be able to take admission for all india quota plz reply don’t ignore

6. Aastha Prakash says:

I have appeared in NEET 2018 but I belong to Bihar. Can I get an admission in Maharashtra’s private college?

7. Gavhane satish says:

I am residence of Maharashtra. I am from NT-B category. What is the upper age limit for me. Am I eligible for apply for MBBS

8. Madhuri says:

I am and native of Maharashtra. My daughter is born in Maharashtra, but finished her 12th from Kerala with 90% (CBSE). Is is eligible for registering in 85% seats? Is so kindly guide.

Thanking you

9. Sarvottam S. says:

My son appeared last year neet 2017 but he was not selected
    can he need gap certificate for this year admission.

10. Nafisa says:

Hii
    I am born in Maharashtra , my father is also born in Maharashtra ….but I have given my grade 12 outside India ….can I apply as a domicile of Maharashtra

11. Sachi Gupta says:

I am expecting 460 marks general category in Neet 2018 can I get admission in government college in Maharashtra or near Mumbai in MBBS or else in BDS. Please suggest

12. jayant s raut says:

My ward has repeated neet exam. So character certificate is of last year. Will it be accepted ? Any other document required for the repeaters ?

13. beulah says:

my son studying in Maharashtra since 7th std,we are not have domicile ,but my spouse served in state time to time as a central service more than 15 years and may be eligible for domicile ,few months back transferred to outside Maharashtra,in this case my son can be eligible for 85% quota in NEET 18 or not .pl reply clearly

14. beulah says:

my son studying in Maharashtra since 7th std.we are not have domicile certificate,but my husband recently transferred to Delhi,but overall he stayed total 18 years in Maharashtra (may be eligible for domicile) on this basis my son eligible for 85% quota or not.pl elaborate the reply clearly and solution such cases.

15. Rabina parveen says:

Hi,I appeared NEET-2018 & 340 Marks is expected, can I applied for MBBS seat in Maharashtra private college,if yes web to be followed. Pl.reply don’t ignore. THANKS

16. Samantha says:

Sir, I’m a native of KERALA. I’ve given NEET 2018. Am I eligible to apply for medical colleges in Maharashtra? If yes what are the procedures and criteria for getting an MBBS seat in Maharashtra ?

17. nabonita mondal says:

Sir ,I am from west bengal and appeared for neet 2018.I don’t have the domicile of maharashtra, will I still be able to apply for 85 % quota of maharashtra ?

18. Archana says:

Hi,

If sister did not get admission in MBBS then is it possible to get admission in BHMS. In that case what will be the procedure? Please reply.

19. Sanjay Bhole says:

When migration certificate required ? at the time of admission or one month after admission, because on migration it is to be mentioned that in which university which you migrated and at the time of counselling we dont know which college I will get.

20. Rahul says:

Hi
    My sister born in Maharashtra and studied till 1st std in Maharashtra and after that we all shifted to rajasthan and she continued her studies in rajasthan.please let us know is she eligible for 85% Maharashtra quota in neet 2018.Plz reply

21. Rahul Saraf says:

Hi
    My sister is born in Maharashtra and studied till 1 st std in Maharashtra ,but now our family is in Rajasthan and this year she is scoring 520 in Neet ,Can she get admission in Maharashtra in 85% quota .Plz reply

22. Yogesh bagul says:

I understand that for Maharastra MBBS admission it is mandatory to have Domecile of Maharastra.
    My son has passed 10 in 2018 in maharastra.
    Now we have shifted to gujrat ans will do his 11 and 12 in Gujrat.
    Whether he will be eligible for 85% quota in Maharastra in 2020.

23. Ankur Saraf says:

My daughter is born in Maharashtra Thane & studied till 4 standard in Maharashtra.Now she is studying in Rajasthan from last 8 years.so she is eligible for 85℅ quota in MBBS in Maharashtra or not eligible.

24. Ankur saraf says:

My daughter is born in Maharashtra Thane & studied till 4th standard in Thane.Now she is studying in Rajasthan from last 8 years.so she is eligible for 85℅ quota for MBBS In Maharashtra or not???

25. Priya mishra says:

Sir I got 413 marks in neet 2018..I have domicile of Maharashtra.. But I passed 10 n 12 from up. Am I eligible for 85% state quota seat counselling of Maharashtra… Plzzz reply sir

26. Rutuja says:

If I will get marks up to 400 in neet 2018. Would I get admission in government college .I belongs to sc cast.

27. Priya mishra says:

My brother got 540 marks in neet 2018 and we have domicile of Maharashtra but he didn’t paas 10 and 12 from Maharashtra.. Is he eligible for 85% state quota seat of Maharashtra.. Sir its urgent please reply fast

28. d k rao says:

My Son has done X & XIIth from Maharashtra and staying in Chembur for last 6 years. I am not domicile of Maharashtra but presently serving in Railways in Delhi. Is he eligible for 85% state quota.but I stayed more than 18 years in Maharashtra.

29. Devansh rajpoot says:

Sir I appeared NEET 2018 and I will be get 250 marks approx .
    So can I get private madicle college in this marks .
    What will be the procdger.

• Tejal Khairnar says:

I am born in Maharashtra and also I’m a domicile of Maharashtra. I have completed my class 12 from outside India.So am I eligible for 85% state seats?.Please reply

30. Ritika says:

Sir I have domicile of maharashtra and I have cleared 10th there but 12th was done in another state. Am I eligible for 85% state quota of maharashtra?

31. Vinay Singh says:

My daughter has done X & XIIth from Thane Maharashtra and staying in Thane for last 4 years. I am not domicile of Maharashtra but presently serving in Army in Maharashtra. Is she eligible for 85% state quota.

32. suresh vedpathak says:

is income certificate of parent required? & if parent is salaried then what is procedure to get income certificate?

33. kavita chauhan says:

my daughter appeared in neet 2018 from Mp. She is domicile of mp, but my husband is serving in Mumbai since 1 and 1/2 year, can she get admission in private medical college of maharashtra?

34. Manoj Dinde says:

I want know about details AFMC Pune.(apply process and admission cretria )

35. Saleem says:

Sir if I completed 10+2 in Maharashtra and got good rank in meet then what is the next procedure to get admission in good collage ?

36. Aruna says:

I am daughter of an Army officer who is posted in Maharastra since last one year. However, I have done my 10th & 12th from UP. Do I qualify for availing D3 quota in Maharastra?

37. Govind Devasi says:

My father is born in rajasthan
    And he is working in Maharashtra for 28 years he has a obc caste certificate,
    And I’m born Maharashtra so will i get a obc caste certificate which is valid in Maharashtra?

38. s.santosh says:

If a student of open category filled his neet form in obc category by mistake wants admission
    in open category for mbbs after neet exam
    what can he do please suggest .

39. s.sant says:

If a candate of open catagory filled his neet form in obc category by mistake wantadmadmission in open category for mbbs in Maharashtra
    what can be done

40. Asavari chitale says:

For hilly area reservation which certificates require for MBBS admission

41. Jatinder says:

Sir
    I belong to Punjab. Can I apply for 15% quota in Maharashtra, do i need to apply to all the individual colleges for registration now

42. Sonu Sonkamble says:

Sir i am studying in Bsc(Bachelor of Science) first year.Is am I eligible for Neet?. I am giving the exam of neet.Shall I get admission in mbbs?

43. Ritesh Abhyankar says:

How to process the admission of mbbs

44. Praveenkumar says:

Sir my sis age is 22_8_2000 but neet admit card is not coming it is showing not eligible

45. K.RAJKUMAR says:

For getting seats in MBBS through NEET?

46. K.RAJKUMAR says:

I have been working in Maharashtra for the last 28years. But my daughter studied till 5th class in Maharashtra and thereafter studying in other state, Hyderabad. Is she eligible to apply for 85 percent seats in Maharashtra on the basis of father’s job in Maharashtra?

47. Sheetal shah says:

I want to know about colleges of mbbs and fees

48. Neepa avors says:

Hi if I’m an IB student then how can I get admission in medical college. I understand that I have to appear for NEET. Is it possible to give IB WITH 2 sciences and English at HL and 1 science at SL – will that be considered equivalent to 10+2 with NEET??

49. Nafisa says:

Where can I get detailed information about the Maharashtra State counciling for MBBS seats after the all India counciling is over for year 2018

50. Bharat says:

Iam belong to maharastra iam in indian army but my daughter & son studies in cbse out of maharastra I can get 85% quota of maharashtra

51. abhinandan says:

sir i am from bihar
    are me eligible for take mbbs councelling in maharastra

52. Onkar singh says:

I have domicile of Maharashtra ,but I have done 10& 12th from other state. Can I egilable of 85% quote to take admission in MBBS in Maharashtra State. Kindly confirm.

53. Trupti says:

My nephew’s domecile n 12th will b from Maharashtra. But he did his 10th in Hyderabad (other statr) with 96%.
    But as per news in news paper all 3 things from Maharashtra.
    So v r in very big dilemma. Where I will get correct information related to it?
    Except news paper v didn’t get any where.

And if v want file case against it ,wht I need to do?
    Bcoz he is very good in studies. Hence v need proper guidance.
    Plz help

54. surya says:

Sir , i have studied 10 , 11 and 12th in maharahtra but my homestate is kerala so i wanted to know that if i’m eligible for the 85% state quota for mbbs seats.

55. Anand says:

My son would like to apply for admission to MBBS in colleges in Maharashtra as a local candidate for 85% of the seats..
    1)My son has completed 10th std outside Maharashtra and will be completing 12th std in Mumbai .Maharashtra.
    2)We are both (self & my son)having domicile certificate by birth in Maharashtra and are staying in Navi Mumbai.
    Request you to kindly confirm if my son would be eligible for admissions in Maharashtra candidate as a local candidate and be eligible for admissions in 85% quota .

56. madkar santosh says:

I am from Maharashtra have only state and national obc certificate not validity certificate can I get admission to mbbs in Maharashtra state college by neet cota

57. Amit Patel says:

What is the process for mbbs admission in other state. I’m living in Gujarat.

58. Chittibabu says:

How join mbbs

59. ritik pandey says:

how to apply in 85% state quota seat

60. YASH says:

If a child is born in Maharashtra, but has done his schooling from another state up to standard XII, his parents are also born in Maharashtra, is that child eligible for a seat under the state quota beyond the NEET 15% eligibility for the state? Can he apply for the Maharashtra seat and if so what is the procedure?

61. Kamaraj says:

I and my spouse born and brought up in Tamilnadu,working in maharashta since last 7 years.My son is studying in Maharashtra from 6th std. He is in +2. Are we eligible to apply for 85% quota for Tamilnadu /Maharashta. We don’t have domicile certificate in Maharashtra.

62. shafi says:

does it require to apply online for various state mbbs admission.
    or during counciling time

63. rizwan says:

Hi ;

Thank you for the nice post .

My neice will be applying for the medical admission and she has lost her father recently.

But i m staying out of Pune

Would like to ask what will be the best time/month for my presence in Pune to support my sister and niece during admission process .

64. Nilesh More says:

What is the age limit for medical admission

65. MALA S NAIR says:

If a child is born in Maharashtra, but has done his schooling from another state up to standard XII, one of his parents is also born in Maharashtra, is that child eligible for a seat under the state quota beyond the NEET 15% eligibility for the state? Can he apply for the Maharashtra seat and if so what is the procedure?

The complete information will be provided with the NEET 2018 information brochure. So, just wait for the neet 2018 notification.

66. Shivaji Housekar says:

Maharashtrian but state govt servant in Rajsthan their students have passed 12 th in Rajsthan please guide for which quota they are eligible ?

67. Yutika says:

Are NRI candidates eligible for admission to medical colleges in Maharahstra

68. Mayuri mohapatra says:

My father is serving in j&k in Air Force. Am I eligible for any quota in Maharastra 85% seat?
    Please advise.

69. Laxman ramchandra kachi says:

To which office or dept we have to apply for character certificate

70. Priyanka Biswas says:

My father serving indian army at J&K.I eligible Maharashtra for MBBS quata?

71. Sarvesh sonar says:

Tell me the cutoff of bharti vidyapeeth pune,bj medical college pune,armed forced medical college pune,sheth gs college mumbai..???