MICAT 2020: Result (Declared), Dates, GE & PI, Admission, MICAT- II
MICAT II Result has been declared on 13th February 2020. It is conducted for enrolling students in the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C) courses. MICAT exam is conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. It will be conducted twice in a year i.e. MICAT I and MICAT II. After qualifying the entrance test, candidates have to go through the group exercise and personal interview round. Only CAT, XAT or GMAT qualified candidates can apply for this exam. Candidates, who want to enroll for the MICAT 2020 exam may go through this article to get the detailed information regarding the exam.
MICAT 2020 Notification – Result Declared for MICAT-II
MICAT II 2020 Result has been declared on 13th February 2020. Check here for result details.
Candidates can upload their CAT/XAT/GMAT details through login. Click here to login.
MICAT 2020 Exam Dates
Important dates regarding the exam of MICAT 2020 of both the paper i.e. Paper I and Paper II are given below:
|Events||MICAT I||MICAT II|
|Registration opens||9th October 2019||26th November 2019|
|Registration close||26th November 2019 (11:50 PM)||17th January 2020|
|Admit card release||3rd December 2019||22nd January 2020|
|Exam date||7th December 2019||25th January 2020|
|Result/Score||24th December 2019||13th February 2020|
|GE & PI shortlist at Ahmedabad||2nd & 3rd March 2020|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||5th, 6th & 7th March 2020|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||13th, 14th & 15th March 2020|
|Final Result||end of March 2020|
MICAT 2020 Result
The result has been published for MICAT I on 24th December 2019 and MICAT II on 14th February 2020 respectively.
Candidates can view their result by filling the required details. MICAT Result is available online on the website.
Candidates are advised to print their result for the further process of admission as rank and score secured by the candidates will be mentioned in the result.
GE and PI Rounds
Group Exercise & personal interview rounds will be held in from March 2nd to 15th March 2020. It is necessary to qualify these rounds to get eligible for admission.
In the round of GE, candidates need to perform a group activity. In the round of personal interview, a panel will judge your communication skill, personality, knowledge and the passion of doing course.
MICAT 2020 Admission Procedure
MICA will release the final merit list based on the performance in Group Exercise and Personal Interview. It will be announced in the month of March 2020.
Candidates needs to secure minimum 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in Group Exercise. They also need at least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in Personal Interview. It will also depend on the majority recommendation by all the panel members of Personal Interview.
In the last step, a final composite score will be calculated based on three rounds. CAT/XAT/GMAT – 20%, MICAT – 30%, GE – 20% and PI – 30% will be considered for the final selection. After the final selection, candidates will have to report at the institution with the required documents and fees to complete the admission procedure.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
MICAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill their application form by the following steps:
- Application form of the MICAT 2020 is available through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 9th October 2019 to 26th November 2019 for MICAT I and from 26th November 2019 to 16th January 2020 for MICAT II.
- Candidates must fill the detail required details in the MICAT 2020 application form carefully.
- There will be no offline mode available to fill the application form.
- Candidate need to print the application form for further process of admission.
Application fee details for the candidates are given below:
- Application Fee: A candidate needs to pay Rs.1985 as the processing charge of the application.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their fee via debit/credit card or via net banking.
MICAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
MICAT eligibility criteria must be checked by the applicants. Candidates can check their eligibility for the exam by matching the criteria given below:
- Qualifying Exam: A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree to apply from a recognized university.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing towards final exam are also eligible to apply.
- Another Exam Required: Candidate must have a valid score of CAT/XAT/GMAT 2019.
Click Here for Mock Test
Click Here for MICAT Sample Questions 1
Click Here for MICAT Sample Questions 2
Click Here for MICAT Sample Questions 3
MICAT 2020 Admit Card
MICAT Admit card has been made available from 22nd January 2020 for MICAT (II). It is available through online mode only.
For downloading admit card, candidates can visit the website and must fill the required details. After filling the details candidates can download their admit card. Important details regarding the exam like date, centre and time will be mentioned in the admit card downloaded by the candidates.
MICAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern for MICAT examination is mentioned below:
- Sections: MICAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in three sections, i.e. Psychometric Test, Descriptive Test & 4 other sub sections. Candidate need to clear all the three section for getting the admission.
- Exam Mode: It will be held through online mode.
- Type & No. of Questions: Total 144 questions (objective & subjective mix) will be asked.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking in Section B (0.25% of the total marks). No negative marking will be done in other sections.
|Section||Parts||Number of Questions|
|Section A||Psychometric Test||35|
|Section B||Verbal Ability||25|
|Section C||Descriptive Test||4|
MICAT 2020 Syllabus
MICAT 2020 syllabus will consist six basic subjects that are: Verbal Ability (VA), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation (DI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking. Detailed syllabus will be in the information brochure released by the institution.
Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. By preparing from the exam syllabus you can score good rank in the entrance test.
Some preparation tips are given below for the MICAT 2020 exam:
- Read newspaper regularly specifically editorial section for improving vocabulary.
- Practice by writing article for the written test. Try to maintain speed and accuracy for the written test.
- Applicants can follow some popularized magazines for knowing details of the current market trends.
- Mathematics also play vital role in building your rank and score. So, revise the basic mathematics carefully.
- Candidates can regularly give mock test to know about the pattern and can analyze themselves.
For any other queries about MICAT 2020, you can leave your queries below.