NEET PG 2020 Eligibility, Age Limit, Qualification Criteria – Know Here

NEET PG 2020NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the candidates before applying for NEET PG 2020. NEET PG is a national level entrance test organized every year to register the eligible candidates into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses at various private medical colleges and universities. It is mandatory for the applicants to satisfy the NEET PG eligibility criteria or else they will not be considered for admission by the authorities. This article is regarding the eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2020 examinations and hence provides all the required details related to the same.

NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria

Get latest news & updates about NEET PG 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
  • Candidates must have a valid MBBS degree or provisional pass certificate of the same course.
  • Registration with Medical Council of India/State Medical Council is necessary and a document proof should be furnished at the time of counselling confirming their registration for the same.
  • Candidates who have passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are ineligible for All India Quota 50% seats but the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do MBBS from medical colleges in Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply.
  • The candidates will be required to submit the original certificate of one year of rotating internship, i.e. start date and completion date at the time of counselling.
  • Candidates must have completed one year of compulsory rotating internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before March 31st of the year in which they are appearing for the exam of NEET P.G.

Nationality Related Eligibility Norms

• The candidate has to be a citizen of India.
  • Candidates who belong to any state other than Jammu & Kashmir have to produce domicile certificate.
  • If a person has the domicile of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir but has completed M.B.B.S from any other state then they are eligible for the NEET PG 2020.

Age related Eligibility norms

There is no upper and lower age limit for applying into the NEET PG entrance examinations. NEET has not mentioned any range of age for a candidate so in that case any candidate who satisfies the other eligibility norms can apply for the entrance exams.

Eligibility regulations for Foreign Nationals

• The foreign candidates do not have to possess temporary registration certificate from MCI while appearing for NEET PG Exams anymore.
  • The candidates must possess the temporary registration certificate from MCI during the P.G course.

Ineligible Candidates

Given below are the conditions under which a candidate can be found ineligible for the NEET PG 2020 entrance examinations.

• If His/her M.B.B.S certificate is not recognized as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
  • The candidates who have not completed their rotating internship as per the regulations laid down by the authorities.
  • If any candidate is found ineligible with accordance to any of the regulations mentioned above.

NEET PG 2020 Application Form

NEET 2020 Notification for PG examination is out on the website after which the NEET PG 2020 Application Form submission has been commenced from 1st November 2019. Candidates will be able to do online registration and application form submission till 21st November 2019.

The candidates are required to fill the application form with relevant details. After completing it candidates have to pay the application fee through their preferred mode of payment. The candidates are advised to check for any discrepancy in the application form carefully before the submission of form. They must also provide the scanned copies of their recent passport size photograph along with signature.

If you have any other queries regarding NEET PG 2020 Eligibility then you can ask your queries below in the comments section.

1. shilpa pawar says:

i have completed my mbbs and cps Diploma anesthesia course in maharashtra. whether i m eligible for neet pg 2020 exam, bcoz while applying neet pg 2020 form they are mentioning plz check eligiblity criteria, is there any relation with my cps qualification

2. Divya Jyoti says:

Hey
    I have completed my internship from Nepal but not cleared FMGE yet…..Will be appearing in december 2019 but I want to appear in NEET PG 2020 ….Am I eligible?

3. DZ says:

I have completed MBBS with 1 year internship from Tamil Nadu in 2010 from Private Medical College. I am also registered with Tamil Medical Council. Currently I am an Indian citizen but planning on getting different citizenship as I live abroad and apply for OCI/POI. In that case, can I apply for NEET PG? What documents would I need to submit? What are the cut-offs to get govt.medical seat (especially in Tamil Nadu)? How much time on average does it take for preparation?

Thank you.

4. Anand Bhargav Pagadi says:

Now I am at the age of 55 yrs shall I appear forNEET PG Exam.

There is no upper and lower age limit for applying into the NEET PG entrance examinations.Candidates must have to complete other eligibility norms.

5. Jayanth Ramineni says:

My internship will be completed by September 20 and will not be able to get original degree and permanent registration by the time of neet … Can I apply for neet exam with provisional registration and submit permanent registration at the time of counselling?

6. Nimeshika says:

Should a foreign mbbs graduate take up screening exam before applying for eligibity certificate or neet pg ??

7. Ashwini Sondakar says:

I have completed my MD MICROBIOLOGY from Karnataka and domicile Karnataka , whether I am eligible to take meet pg exam exam to take other MD seats

8. Mareers says:

What are benefits for handicapped student in pg selection

9. Kamlesh P Desai says:

I have passed meet of 2019 and taken admission through AIQ ,now I want to forgo my admission and again sit for neet pg 2020,please guide me whether I am eligible or not to sit in neet pg 2020 enterance test

10. dr ankit says:

Is domicile considered for neet pg for that state
    For example i have domicile from UP
    Will there be a separate list for State for general category

11. dr yasmeen fatima says:

i have completed my MD biochemistry from karnataka and im domicile of karnataka. weather i am eligible for neet pg enterance and for taking other MD degree. what is the procedure.

12. tusar says:

sir i am 16 year 6 months old and read in class 12 .will i eligable for sitting the NEET exam?

13. Amrin says:

I have completed my DGO from Karnataka, and I am a domicile of Karnataka.. what are the documents required for me to appear for NEET?

14. lalukpillai says:

what are the documents to be scanned while applying for NEET PG ? Is the Domicile certificate from revenue authority is required to be obtained and scanned?

15. Praveen says:

I finished my mbbs from china and cleared fmge.i have applied for registration in ap medical council on august 30 .is it compulsory that i need my registration for applying neet pg or can i apply with fmge pass certidicate because obtaining registration certificate takes long time and registration window might end in mean time. help me out