NEET PG 2023 Eligibility, Age Limit & Qualification – Know Here
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria can be checked online by the candidates before applying for exam. NEET PG is a national level entrance test organized every year to register the eligible candidates into MD/ MS/ Post Graduate Diploma courses at various private medical colleges and universities. It is mandatory for the applicants to satisfy the NEET PG eligibility criteria or else they will not be considered for admission by the authorities. This article is regarding the eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2023 examinations and hence provides all the required details related to the same.
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NEET PG 2023 Cut off Date for Internship Completion has been extended till 11th August 2023 towards eligibility for the exam.
- Candidates must have a valid MBBS degree or provisional pass certificate of the same course.
- Registration with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council is necessary and a document proof should be furnished at the time of counselling confirming their registration for the same.
- Candidates who have passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are ineligible for All India Quota 50% seats but the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do MBBS from medical colleges in Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply.
- The candidates will be required to submit the original certificate of one year of rotating internship, i.e. start date and completion date at the time of counselling.
- Candidates must have completed one year of compulsory rotating internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 11th August, 2023 (extended) of the year in which they are appearing for the exam of NEET P.G.
Nationality Related Eligibility Norms
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates who belong to any state other than Jammu & Kashmir have to produce domicile certificate.
- If a person must have the domicile of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir but has completed M.B.B.S from any other state then they are eligible for the NEET PG 2023.
Age related Eligibility norms
There will be no upper and lower age limit for applying into the NEET PG entrance examinations. NEET has not mentioned any range of age for a candidate so in that case any candidate who satisfies the other eligibility norms can apply for the entrance exams.
Eligibility regulations for Foreign Nationals
- The foreign candidates do not have to possess temporary registration certificate from MCI while appearing for NEET PG Exams anymore.
- The candidates must possess the temporary registration certificate from MCI during the P.G course.
Given below are the conditions under which a candidate can be found ineligible for the NEET PG 2023 entrance examinations.
- If his/ her M.B.B.S certificate is not recognised as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- The candidates who have not completed their rotating internship as per the regulations laid down by the authorities.
- If any candidate is found ineligible with accordance to any of the regulations mentioned above.
Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Nationality: Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- FMGE Pass Certificate: Candidates who have completed their primary medical qualification from outside India but wish to appear for NEET PG 2023 must first qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE).
- Internship: All foreign medical graduates must complete their internship on or before August 11, 2023 to be eligible for NEET PG.
- Registration Certificate: All foreign medical graduates must register with the MCI/ SMC after obtaining the FMGE Pass Certificate. Such candidates will have to submit a copy of the Registration Certificate to confirm their eligibility.
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
NEET 2023 Notification for PG examination is out on the website after which the NEET PG 2023 Application Form submission has been started from 7th January 2023. Candidates can do online registration and submit applications till 27th January 2023.
The candidates are required to fill the application form with relevant details. After completing it candidates have to pay the application fee through their preferred mode of payment. The candidates are advised to check for any discrepancy in the application form carefully before the submission of form. They must also provide the scanned copies of their recent passport size photograph along with signature.
If you have any other queries regarding NEET PG 2023 Eligibility then you can ask your queries below in the comments section.