Odisha DET 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Rank List
Odisha DET 2020 admission process will be monitored by Directorate of Technical Education and Training, Odisha. It provides admission in various diploma courses offered by the government/ private aided polytechnic colleges of the state. Admission will be offered to Diploma Engineering/ Diploma Engineering (Lateral Entry)/ Non Engineering Diploma Courses/ Diploma and Film and TV courses. Any entrance exam (DET Odisha) will not be conducted for providing admission in diploma courses. Aspirants can check the complete details about Odisha DET 2020 application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, counselling etc. in this article.
Odisha DET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check Odisha DET 2020 admission dates in the table below:
|Availability of online application||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date for applying online||1st week of June 2020|
|Verification of documents at selected NCCs of applicants whose documents have not been validated via online mode||1st week of June 2020|
|Last date of document verification||2nd week of June 2020|
|Result/ merit list declaration||2nd week of June 2020|
|Last date of choice filling by eligible applicants||3rd week of June 2020|
|Provisional allotment of seat(1st round)||Last week of June 2020|
|Last date for part admission fee deposit(1st round)||Last week of June 2020|
|Provisional allotment seats (2nd round)||1st week of July 2020|
|Last date for part admission fee deposit(2nd round)||1st week of July 2020|
Odisha DET 2020 Application Form
Candidates those who are meeting the eligibility criteria for submitting the Odisha DET 2020 application form can check application details from below:
- Candidates are advised to download the information brochure and read all the information carefully.
- The Odisha DET 2020 application form can be submitted through online mode only.
- The candidate can submit online application, from the second week of April 2020.
- Candidate before filling up application form must ensure their eligibility for the concerned course.
- Candidates should provide all the relevant information asked in the application.
- The application form can be submitted till 1st week of June 2020.
- Application form cannot be submitted in any other offline mode.
The application fee can be paid online through debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ e-Challan at IDBI/AXIS bank branch. The application fee is non-refundable. The fee details are as under:
- For general male candidate: Rs. 250/-
- For ST/SC/PC/Female candidates: Rs. 200/-
Odisha DET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of Odisha DET 2020 are mentioned below:
Admission to 1st Semester Diploma in Engineering/Technology:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must qualify the HSC/10th examination from the recognized board and university BSE, Odisha.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 35% aggregate marks in Maths, Science and English and 30% marks in each subject.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate must be 14 years for all courses for except mining and drilling.
Admission to 3rd Semester (Lateral Entry) Diploma in Engineering and Technology:
- Qualifying Exam: 12th or equivalent with PCM stream from council of HSE, Odisha.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must passed 10th with minimum 35% marks.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit for this course is 14 years. No upper age limit is applicable.
Admission to Film & TV Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed 12th examination in science stream for state board CBSE/ ICSE.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks in the qualifying exam are 30% aggregate.
- For Film & Video Editing, candidates have to pass 10+2 in science/arts/ commerce stream from any board with minimum 35% of aggregate marks.
- Age Limit: Candidates age limit must lie between 16 to 28 years as on 1st June 2020.
- There is relaxation is 3 year will be given to SC/ST categories.
Admission to 1st Semester Diploma Non-Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: 10+2 qualification or equivalent in any discipline is compulsory.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must obtained 35% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam. 30% marks in each subjects is also mandatory to score.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 16 year for HM & CT/MOM and 14 years for beauty cultures.
- For 1st year diploma in pharmacy course, candidate must pass 12th exam in PCM/PCB by securing 35% of marks.
- For beauty culture course, the educational qualification is same as for 2nd semester Engineering/Technology course.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Odisha DET 2020 Merit List
After going through the applications received by the authority it will publish a Odisha DET merit list. The authority will shortlist candidates for further admission round on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying exam.
A separate merit list will be made for other state candidates. It will be released through online mode. The selected candidates will be invited to appear for e-counselling. Only those candidates can participate in the counselling whose name will appear on the merit list.
Reservation of Seats:
There are some seats are mentioned below reserved category wise:
|For children of green card holder||5%|
|For children/wards of ex-servicemen||2%|
|For physically challenged||3%|
|For women students||30%|
|For the sports candidate those representing the state during last 2 years||0.5%|
|Candidate passing NCC ( A, B or C certificate examination)||1%|
Odisha DET 2020 Counselling
After the publication of merit list candidates will be called for counselling on scheduled date and time. Original documents should be brought on the day of reporting at the Nodal Centre for Odisha DET Counselling. The seat allotment will also be done during the counselling. Applicants shall have to report personally with the downloaded application form and registration slip exactly at the time, date and venue as per the notified counselling programme.
Counselling will be started in the month of June 2020. Candidates are also required to produce original documents as applicable at the time of reporting at the NCC. The counselling will be done in multiple rounds. After the choices are locked, candidates will be allotted a seat in college where they need to report for completing the admission formalities.
Documents Required for Admission:
Here are some documents which are required at the time of admission:
- High school mark sheet and passing certificate
- Caste certificate
- Sports or NCC certificates
- Domicile certificate
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Seat allotment letter
- Fee deposit copy
- Passport size photographs
If you have any other query about Odisha DET 2020, you may leave your query below.