TANCET 2019: Counselling & Admission Procedure
TANCET 2019 Counselling letter & rank list has been released for all courses. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is the state level entrance examination. It is managed by the Anna University, Chennai. It is conducted to offer admissions into M.E., M. Tech, MCA, M. Arch, M. Plan and MBA courses. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into Anna University and other affiliated colleges of the universities of Tamil Nadu. Counselling Registration for MBA/MCA has been started from 15th July 2019. For more information on TANCET 2019, candidates must go through this article.
TANCET 2019 Notifications
The Application form for TANCET 2020 will be released in April, 2020.
TANCET 2019 Counselling call letter & rank list has been released for all courses.Check here for counselling details.
TANCET 2019 Result has been released on 5th July 2019.Check here for result details.
TANCET 2019 Exam Dates
TANCET exam dates are mentioned in this table. As per the given dates, candidates can perform the activities given here.
|Events||Dates 2019 (Announced)|
|Application form Starts From||8th May|
|Application Form Last Date||31st May (Extended)|
|Hall Ticket Availability||15th June|
|Date of Exam||22nd-23rd June|
|Announcement of Result||5th July 2019|
|Counselling Procedure Starts From||24th July|
TANCET Counselling 2019
Candidates have to appear in the counselling process to get admission after the declaration of result. The TANCET counselling procedure has been started 15th July 2019 for MBA/MCA. The complete schedule of counselling and rank list will be displayed on the website in the specified date and time.
The admission will be offered on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. Candidates have to verify their documents to get provisional admission. For final admission, candidates have to report the allotted college along with all required documents.
TANCET Result 2019
TANCET result 2019 will be published in July 2019. Candidates can download their mark sheet after 10 days of the releasing of the result. Candidates can access their result through login user ID and password.
TANCET Hall Ticket 2019
Candidates can download their admit card through the online mode only. The Anna University has released the TANCET admit card on 15th June 2019. Candidates should keep the admit card till the admission procedure as it will be asked by the counselling authority.
In case candidates lost their admit card after the examination, they can get it back by paying Rs. 100/- in the form of DD in written request.
TANCET Exam Pattern
The TANCET exam pattern will consist of the following given below:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration of Exam: The total time given for the exam is 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: Maximum 100 questions will be asked in each course.
- Types of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be given.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
Anna University, Chennai will conduct the TANCET 2020 on the behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates can appear for TANCET 2020 exam to get admission into various PG courses like MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E, etc. Different colleges of Telangana state consider the TANCET scores for providing admission into these courses.
TANCET Syllabus 2019
For MCA course, the questions is set from the topics as Quantitative ability, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Computer awareness, Verbal ability and Basic sciences. For MBA, the TANCET syllabus is prepared from Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. For other course, the questions will be asked form their respective discipline.
TANCET Application Form 2019
Candidates are advised to first read the information brochure carefully and then proceed to the fill application form.
- Candidates have to register through online mode for applying in TANCET.
- The online application form has been released from 8th May 2019.
- TANCET application form 2019 will end till 31st May 2019.
- Candidates can fill the application form for more than one programme by paying the additional fee.
- Candidates have to fill the application form and upload the recent photograph in the application form.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamilnadu) for each programme.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode only.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the TANCET 2019 are given below.
- Candidates those appearing in the final year/semester of the qualifying exam during April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates of another state can apply but the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
- Candidates with valid GATE score do not need to appear for TANCET 2019 exam.
- Candidates those have a valid GATE score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), they have to appear for TANCET exam.
For M. Tech/M. Arch/M.E./M. Plan:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the respective disciplines
- Minimum Marks: One should qualify the qualifying degree with at least 50% aggregate (45% for the candidates belong to SC/ST categories).
- GATE Score: Candidates those have valid GATE score card from 2017, 2018, 2019 can also apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should posses the minimum of 3 years Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum Marks: Must pass with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Must have the Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 and graduation level.
- Minimum Marks: Should secure at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry):
- Qualifying Exam: Must have Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have obtained minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
TANCET Preparation Tips
- Make proper study schedule before proceeding for preparation of the exam.
- Must aware yourself with the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Always follow previous year question papers to get ides of questions.
- Always do revision after study.
- Maintain your good health for the exam.
Chennai, Karaikudi, Tirunelveli, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Chidambaram, Nagercoil, Vellore, Dindigul, Salem, Villupuram, Erode, Thanjavur and Virudhunagar.
If you have any other queries about TANCET 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.