Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
Gandhi Medical College was inaugurated by Pt. Lal Bahadur Shashtri on 13th August 1955. This college is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated with Barkatullah University, Bhopal. The foundation of this college own building was laid down by Union Minister of Home Shri Govind Ballabh Pant on 15th September 1956.
The campus is situated on Fatehgarh area on Sultania Road in Bhopal. Bhopal is the capital city of the state of Madhya Pradesh. The college building, hostels and hospital building are located by the side of Upper Lake of Bhopal. The campus is well-accessible by all the transportation modes.
This college houses various hostels to provide residential facilities to boys and girls. It has an air-conditioned central library with three reading halls. The library is fully stocked with the collection of books, journals, periodicals, reports, magazines, etc. The classrooms are spacious and well-ventilated and equipped with all the modern audio-visual teaching equipments. It also offers indoor and outdoor sports facility, central auditorium, lecture theaters, common rooms, laboratories for all department, computer center, hygienically maintained cafeteria, etc.
Gandhi Medical College runs several medical programmes like MBBS, MS, MD, etc. The courses are being run by the Gandhi Medical College Society. Annually this college offers total 140 seats for MBBS course and 68 seats for MD/MS courses. This college also offers postgraduate diploma courses in Anesthesia, Orthopedics, Child Health, Clinical Pathology and many others. The most sought undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses are listed below:
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
MD (Doctor of Medicine)/ MS (Master of Science):
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine