AP ECET 2020 Eligibility, Qualification, Local/Non-Local & Age Criteria
Candidates can check the all AP ECET 2020 Eligibility to appear in the examination. Candidates those fulfill the eligibility criteria can only appear in the exam. AP ECET is managed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur. Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test will be organized on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. It is a state level entrance exam to offer admission for diploma holders and B.Sc (Mathematics) degree holders. Candidates can get admission in lateral entry of B.E./B.Tech and in regular B.Pharmacy. In this article, we have mentioned the complete AP ECET Eligibility 2020.
AP ECET Eligibility 2020
Before filling the AP ECET application form, candidates must check their eligibility. Candidates those wishing to appear in AP ECET 2020 can check the eligibility criteria in this section:
- Nationality: Candidates should be the Indian National citizen.
- Domicile: Candidates must possess Andhra Pradesh state domicile. It is also necessary to satisfy the local/non-local status.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should obtain the Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of AP state. OR
A candidate should pass the 3 years of B.Sc Degree with mathematics as one of the subject in group combination from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should obtain the 45% marks (40% marks for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates can also apply but they should clear their qualifying exam before admission into the college.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry in B.E/B.Tech/Pharmacy:
- Candidates should have qualified or appeared in AP ECET 2020.
- Candidate should satisfy the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down by the university for the admission.
- Admission for 85% seats in each course will be reserved for the local candidates.
- The remaining 15% of the seats will be kept open.
- The lateral entry seats in case of Unaided Private institutions (Minority/Non-Minority) will be 20%.
- In case of university affiliated colleges the lateral entry seats are 10% will be reserved over and above the prescribed intake.
- B.Sc. (Mathematics) stream candidates will be considered for admission only after filled all the qualified diploma holders, while filling up the lateral entry seats based on the AP ECET 2020 ranks.
Local and Non-Local Criteria:
- A candidate will be considered as local only if he/she has studied in the state since four years continuous academic qualifications.
- If candidates is not studied from there, but residing in AP since four years.
- If candidate has studied in any institution in the state of AP since seven years.
Non-Local candidates will be eligible to get admission under 15% quota seats.
- Candidates who have resided in the state since 10 years, periods of study outside the State.
- Those parents have resided in the State for a period of ten years excluding period of employment outside the State.
- Children of parents those employed in the State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar quasi-public Institutions, within the State.
If you have any query related to the AP ECET 2020 Eligibility, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the given below comment box.