AP ECET 2024 Eligibility, Qualification, Age, Local/ Non-Local
AP ECET 2024 Eligibility must be checked by the candidates to appear in the examination. Candidates those who fulfill the eligibility criteria only they will be eligible to appear in the exam. AP ECET is managed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test is organized on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. It is a state level entrance exam to offer admission for diploma holders and B.Sc (Mathematics) degree holders. Candidates will get admission in lateral entry of B.E./B.Tech and in regular B.Pharmacy. In this article, we have mentioned the complete AP ECET Eligibility 2024.
AP ECET Eligibility 2024
Before filling the AP ECET application form, candidates must check their eligibility. Candidates those wishing to appear in AP ECET 2024 must check the eligibility criteria in this section:
- Nationality: Candidates should be the Indian National citizen.
- Domicile: Candidates must possess Andhra Pradesh state domicile. It will be also necessary to satisfy the local/non-local status.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should obtain the Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of AP state. OR
A candidate should pass the 3 years of B.Sc Degree with mathematics as one of the subject in group combination from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should obtain the 45% marks (40% marks for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates can also apply but they should clear their qualifying exam before admission into the college.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry in B.E/B.Tech/Pharmacy:
- Candidates should have qualified or appeared in AP ECET 2024.
- Candidate should satisfy the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down by the university for the admission.
- Admission for 85% seats in each course will be reserved for the local candidates.
- The remaining 15% of the seats will be un-reserved.
- The lateral entry seats in case of Unaided Private institutions (Minority/Non-Minority) will be 10%.
- In case of university affiliated colleges the lateral entry seats are 10% will be reserved over and above the prescribed intake.
- B.Sc. (Mathematics) stream candidates will be considered for admission only after filled all the qualified diploma holders, while filling up the lateral entry seats based on the AP ECET 2023 ranks.
Local and Non-Local Criteria:
- A candidate will be considered as local only if he/she has studied in the state since four years continuous academic qualifications.
- If candidates is not studied from there, but residing in AP since four years.
- If candidate has studied in any institution in the state of AP since seven years.
Non-Local candidates will be eligible to get admission under 15% quota seats.
- Candidates who have resided in the state since 10 years, periods of study outside the State.
- Those parents have resided in the State for a period of ten years excluding period of employment outside the State.
- Children of parents those employed in the State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar quasi-public Institutions, within the State.
Through this article of AP ECET 2024 Eligibility Criteria, we have provided complete eligibility details for the candidates who want to apply. Students can check about the eligibility related to qualification, nationality, local & non local candidates.
If you have any query related to the AP ECET 2024 Eligibility, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the given below comment box.