CLAT Counselling 2023 (Started), Allotment – Get Admission Detail
CLAT 2023 Second Allotment List has been released on 27th January 2023. It is conducting through online mode. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level law entrance exam. CLAT 2023 will be conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities. Through CLAT examination, candidates will get admission into integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programmes. The CLAT score card is considered by various private and government law colleges in India. Candidates can check the complete information about CLAT Counselling 2023.
CLAT Counselling 2023 – 2nd Allotment List Released
CLAT 2023 Second Allotment List has been released on 27th January 2023. Click here to view list.
CLAT 2023 First Allotment List has been released on 18th January 2023. Click here to view list.
CLAT 2023 Counselling has been started from 28th December 2022. Click here to register.
CLAT 2023 Counselling is conducted for admission to UG and PG law degree programmes. The courses are offered by CLAT participating institutions, including NLUs, government and private institutions. The admission has been provided through centralized counselling. The counselling process takes place in four rounds.
The seat allotment has been done on merit-cum-preference basis. After a few days of the declaration of written result, the authority has released the merit list in which candidates must check their names. Candidates those names appear in the merit list are called for the counselling.
CLAT Counselling Schedule 2023
Here we are providing the official schedule for the centralized counselling:
|Declaration of result & releasing of merit list||23rd December 2022|
|Counselling Registration||28th December to 12th January 2023|
|Releasing of 1st seat allocation list||18th January 2023|
|Payment of counselling fee & exercising options||18th – 22nd January 2023|
|Releasing of 2nd seat allotment list||27th January 2023|
|Payment of fee to the respective NLUs||27th – 31st January 2023|
Payment of University Fee (after adjusting for Confirmation Fee and Counselling Registration Fee) to NLU concerned for all candidates
|20th May 2023|
|Releasing of 3rd allotment list||25th May 2023|
Payment of University Fee for Freeze or Float options
|25th – 30th May 2023|
Publication of Fourth Allotment List
|5th June 2023|
Payment of University Fee for Freeze or Float options
|5th – 10th June 2023|
Publication of Fifth and Final Allotment List
|15th June 2023|
Payment of balance University Fee
|15th – 20th June 2023|
CLAT Counselling Procedure 2023
The CLAT centralized counselling takes place through online mode. Below, candidates can check the step-wise procedure of admission in CLAT participating NLU’s:
Step 1: Publication of 1st indicative seat allotment list:
- The CLAT office publish the university-wise first indicative list through online mode.
- It has been released on the basis of merit-cum-preference.
- The list can be accessed from the CLAT website.
Step 2: Payment of counselling fee and exercising the option for provisionally selected candidates:
- Candidates will be called for web based counselling from various categories.
- Candidates have to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/-.
- Candidates those fail to deposit the requisite amount of fee for the counseling before the last date, their names can be dropped from the CLAT 2023 merit list.
- Candidates can only reserve their seats if they will pay the required amount of counselling fee.
Step 3: Publishing the second list having the names of finalized candidates and additional wait listed candidates:
- The CLAT office has released the second list having the names of the candidates those have to paid the counselling fee and reserve their seats.
- The list of wait listed candidates also is released against the dropped out candidates.
- The provisionally selected candidates have to submit the counselling fee within prescribed time period to reserve their seats.
Step 4: Publishing of third list of selected candidates:
- The CLAT office will publish the third list of the candidates those who have paid the counselling fee and reserve their seats in the participating NLU’s.
- The list of waitlisted candidates is also released against the dropped out candidates along with third allotment list.
- The provisionally selected candidates have to submit the counselling fee in the given time period to reserve their seats.
Step 5: Publishing of fourth list of selected candidates:
- The provisionally selected candidates will be able to withdraw their seats within the prescribed time period. The authority deduct the nominal fee of Rs. 10, 000/- from the submitted counselling fee.
- After the last date, no withdrawal from the admission process will be entertained.
- The authority will publish the fourth list of the candidates those have submitted their fee and reserved the seats.
- The comprehensive list contains the names of the candidates those who have paid the counselling fee against the first, second and third indicative lists.
- Candidates those names appear in the fourth list have to submit the full fee to the allotted NLU at the time of admission.
Step 6: Completion of admission formalities to the allotted NLUs:
- After the candidates will finally allot the seats, they will have to report at the allotted NLU with the balance amount towards the admission and other fees.
- The candidates will have to carry the relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority to complete their admission formalities.
- The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission.
- The candidates failing to meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to get admission in participating NLU.
- The candidates seeking admission under various categories will be required to obtain the relevant and authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities and produce them at the time of admission in the concerned NLU.
- Candidates those will fail to report at the allotted NLU to complete the admission formalities will automatically lose their claim for admission and their entire amount of the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/- will be forfeited.
List of documents to be required at the time of admission
- CLAT application form 2023
- CLAT admit card 2023
- CLAT score card
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet for proof of date of birth
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate
- NRI certificate
- Domicile certificate
If you have any other queries about CLAT Counselling 2023, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.