CLAT Syllabus 2021, Exam Pattern – Check Here Sections Wise Details
CLAT Syllabus 2021 contains different topics from English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Reasoning, etc. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam. It is organized for providing admissions in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. This exam is managed by the Consortium of National Law Universities. Candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country on the basis of CLAT scores. Every year, many students apply for CLAT examination. In this article, we have updated the complete information about the CLAT Syllabus 2021.
CLAT Syllabus 2021
Candidates appearing for the exam, must know the syllabus of CLAT 2021. The CLAT syllabus 2021 includes topics from these five subjects which are given below:
English including Comprehension:
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension: Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths: Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts.
- Mensuration: Areas and Volumes.
- This section will judge your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- These questions will be related to legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
- Such propositions may or may not be true, you have to assume them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some major topics are International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts.
- Reasoning Tests: Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2021
Here we have mentioned some details of CLAT 2021 exam pattern:
- Duration: The total exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Language: The questions will be asked in English language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Here we have given the section wise question weightage of CLAT UG exam:
|Current affairs including general knowledge||35-39|
- Duration: Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Medium: Question will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Questions Type: Objective & Descriptive type questions will be asked in the question paper.
Here we have given the section wise question weightage of CLAT PG exam:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Other Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Environment Law and Human Rights, Jurisprudence||60|
CLAT Preparation Tips
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks for CLAT preparation tips:
- Divide equal time for each subject.
- Strictly follow your time table.
- Try to solve last year question paper to get any idea about examination.
- Also practice from mock tests to achieve good marks in the exam.
- Complete your syllabus before one week of exam & keep last week for revision.
- Do not get panic, keep yourself calm, & fit.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Syllabus 2021, you can ask your queries in the comment box given below.