CLAT Syllabus 2023, Exam Pattern – Check Here Sections Wise Details
CLAT Syllabus 2023 contains different topics from English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Reasoning, etc. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam. It is organized for providing admissions in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. This exam is managed by the Consortium of National Law Universities. Candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country on the basis of CLAT scores. Every year, many students apply for CLAT examination. In this article, we have updated the complete information about the CLAT 2023 Syllabus.
CLAT Syllabus 2023
Candidates appearing for the exam, must know the syllabus of CLAT 2023. The CLAT syllabus 2023 includes topics from these five subjects which are given below:
English including Comprehension:
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension: Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths: Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts.
- Mensuration: Areas and Volumes.
- This section will judge your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- These questions will be related to legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
- Such propositions may or may not be true, you have to assume them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some major topics are International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts.
- Reasoning Tests: Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023
Here we have mentioned some details of CLAT 2023 exam pattern:
- Duration: The total exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Language: The questions will be asked in English language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Here we have given the section wise question weightage of CLAT UG exam:
|Current affairs including general knowledge||35-39|
- Duration: Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Medium: Question will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Questions Type: Objective & Descriptive type questions will be asked in the question paper.
CLAT Preparation Tips
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks for CLAT preparation tips:
- Divide equal time for each subject.
- Strictly follow your time table.
- Try to solve last year question paper to get any idea about examination.
- Also practice from mock tests to achieve good marks in the exam.
- Complete your syllabus before one week of exam & keep last week for revision.
- Do not get panic, keep yourself calm, & fit.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Syllabus 2023, you can ask your queries in the comment box given below.
Mai 11th STD me ho. Mai2022 clat pass Karna Chahta ho. Kya Karo?
Now i am in 12 th std and just i know about the clat. And i want to crack 2021 clat in any situation then what should i do .
Help me to prepare for the clay exam and give me a proper time table that I will 12 exam also give me a proper time table
CLAT exam date postpone ho gyi h to please registration date bhi aage badha dejiye
Mujh jaise kuch bachey phle apply nhi kr paye
hello i’m preparing for clat 2017 and i was wondering what the syllabus is for static g.k????
I m preparing for clat 17 i want to know which type of gk came in clat
Static GK and current affairs from all over the world
Also not forget to practice previous years sample papers
Is there a portion of history to be prepared too ? And i
here is should I stick to just Indian History?
yes you can prepare that too, yeah Indian history is enough.
i want to know probable good references of available publications for the study of clat. is it possible to study for this exam in just a month using only references and no external coaching?
Maine bsc.math se final ka range hu kya clat mail addition miles a
CLAT is only for doing LLB…???
FOr B.A + LLB…????
CLAT examination is also for admission in the integrated law courses.
which books i want to read for clat 2016 and what is the annual fees for university in case of free seat and
Refer this link for getting CLAT books for preparation.
my daughter is BA English 3yr. student and DOB is 04.01.95 – she will be eligible for CLAT 2016 ?
You can check your eligibility for CLAT 2016 from this link.
Is there any portion of history in clat 2016
current affairs: please explain me in detail for which period should I prepare for current affairs.
You may take the help of CLAT 2016 preparation tips. This link helps you in the preparation.
March-march..is the main period.
will someone help me preparing timetable for the preparation of clat 2016……..