CUSAT 2020: CAT Counselling (Started), Cut-off, Admission Process
CUSAT 2020 B.Tech Spot Admission can be done till 20th November 2020. The exam has been organized by the Cochin Science and Technology University. It is a combined entrance examination for all those candidates who want to get admission in various UG & PG courses affiliated to it. The university conducts the entrance exam on a university level which is organized as the Common Entrance Test (CAT), Lateral Entrance Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT) for providing admission to its various programmes. Candidates can also apply on the basis of GATE and MAT score to its respective courses. Get here complete details of CUSAT 2020, including important dates, result, counselling, etc.
CUSAT 2020 Notification – Spot Admission Started
Get complete updates of CUSAT 2020 Admission & Counselling Procedure from here. Click here to view details.
CUSAT 2020 B.Tech Spot Admission can be done till 20th November 2020. Check here for Counselling details.
CUSAT CAT 2021 exam will be organized in the month of April 2021. Get more details about CUSAT CAT 2021 here.
CUSAT 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates need to know all the CUSAT CAT important dates in order to know the entire exam related events:
|Release of Notification||6th January 2020|
|Start of CUSAT Online Registration||8th January 2020|
|Last date to fill application form (without late fee)||10th February 2020|
|Application form apply with late fee||11th February 2020|
|Last date of application with late fee||15th February 2020|
|Remittance of fee (online only)||8th January – 8th February 2020|
|CUSAT 2020 Merit List||24th September 2020|
|Counselling||26th September 2020|
CUSAT 2020 Counselling
Candidate appearing for the CUSAT 2020 needs to wait for the counselling process, until and unless the result declaration process gets over successfully. CUSAT Counselling process has been started from 26th September 2020.
The candidate with better ranks in merit list gets allotted the seats in the counselling rounds. The candidate are able to get selected according to the merit list as declared by the authority.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
CUSAT 2020 Application Form
The process to begin with filling of CUSAT 2020 application form is given below. Check it carefully to proceed further:
- The application form is available only through online mode. No offline mode is available to fill the application form for CUSAT 2020.
- The application form has been released from 8th January 2020.
- CUSAT CAT 2020 application form is available for B.Tech programms from 8th January 2020.
- The application form without late fee can be filled till 10th February 2020.
- CUSAT CAT 2020 application form with late fee will be available from 11th to 15th February 2020.
- Student those wish to apply for course like PhD, M. Phil, Diploma, post-graduation diploma and certificate programs might get the written application personally or through mail from the related department.
- The candidate must keep a copy of submitted application. However, there is no need to send the same to the university.
- Those applying on the basis of GATE Score or MAT should email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to CUSAT on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
The fee payment can be done through debit card/credit card and Net Banking. The applicant needs to pay the fee as per their category. Application fee for all courses (other than Postdoctoral/Diploma/Certificate Programmes) are given below:
|General Category Candidate||Rs. 1000/-|
|ST/SC Category Candidates of Kerala||Rs. 500/-|
|International Candidate / PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers(CGW)||Rs. US$ 100|
|NRI Quota||Rs. 5000/-|
|Ph.D and M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|PDF, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs. 10,000/-|
CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the complete CUSAT CAT Eligibility criteria from given below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian citizen or resident of Kerala.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be above 21 years and below 17 years of age.
For Under Graduate Programmes:
- B.Tech with Integrated M.sc: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 with at least 50% marks in Mathematics alone and 50% marks in PCM combined from kerala state or recognized board.
- B.Tech Marine Engineering: The applicant must have qualified 10+2 examination with at least 60% of marks combined in English and PCM, and with a minimum of 50% of marks separately in Mathematics.
- BBA/LL.B (Hons.)/B.Com.LL.B (Hons.): The applicant should have a qualified senior secondary exam with a minimum of 60% marks. But for the students from Arts or Humanities or Commerce sections at least 55% scores are compulsory.
For Post Graduate Programmes:
- B.Tech: The candidate must be holding a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech or BE from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks. If any candidate having GATE exam, then he/she must show the applicable scorecard.
- M.Tech: The candidate must have qualified graduation in Law with no less than 45% marks.
- MCA: One should graduate in Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects or graduate in Electronics/Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Applications/ Engineering/Technology with 55% aggregate marks (except language & humanities).
CUSAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates participating in the CUSAT Admit Card will be able to get their admit card through online mode. It will be available from the month of August 2020. Candidate will need to furnish their details such as application number, user name and the password so as to get their admit cards.
Candidate are also requested to download their admit card and take print out copy of the same. Candidate are also requested to carry their printout copy to the examination centre and without the admit card candidate will not be permitted to appear for the examination.
CUSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Here, candidates can get the CUSAT exam pattern for few courses offered:
- Mode: The CUSAT CAT 2020 exam will be through online (CBT) mode.
- No. of Questions: The question paper will comprise of 250 objective types multiple choice questions.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 750 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and for the wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
CUSAT CAT 2020 will be consisting of various courses of the study. Each course contains the different number of questions, subjects, etc. The exam pattern for some of the courses are given below:
|Course||Sections||No. of questions|
|1st year B.Tech/ Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BB.A.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)||General English||50|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matter||25|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||25|
CUSAT 2020 Syllabus
The candidate appearing for the CUSAT 2020 exam are advised to go through the syllabus of the examination prior to preparing for the examination. To know more regarding the syllabus candidate can refer the information provided below-
- For B.Tech and 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. Programmes: The syllabus consists Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- For Lateral Entry of B.Tech Programme: English, Mathematics, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics and General Engineering.
- For BBA LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.): syllabus consist General English, Ability in Reasoning and Logical Thinking, General Knowledge and Current Affairs and Law Related Matters.
- For 3 year LL.B. Course: The syllabus consists English, Comprehension Ability, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Here are some CUSAT preparation tips that candidates may follow in order to perform well in the examination of CUSAT 2020:
- Make a smart strategy to prepare for the exam within prescribed time period.
- Make a proper study schedule and follow it strictly.
- Go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern prescribed officially.
- Must go through previous years question papers.
- Study from books published by the good publishers.
- Make yourself healthy.
CUSAT 2020 exam centers are:
New Delhi, Chennai, Allahabad, Varanasi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kota, Kollam, Dubai, Ranchi, Mumbai, Bokaro etc.
CUSAT 2020 Result
CUSAT result/ merit list has been released by the university on 24th September 2020. Candidate have to login using their roll number to check CUSAT 2020 result.
The authority has released a merit list, according to candidates gets shortlisted for the admission process. All the candidates with better ranks is eligible for participating in the admission process. The seats has been allocated to them as per the criteria.
CUSAT 2020 Answer Key
CUSAT answer key will be released by the university through online mode. Candidate can check the answer key through the website.
It consists of questions and correct answer of the questions asked in the examination. With the help of answer key candidate can calculate the score obtained by them in the examination.
For any other query regarding to the CUSAT 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.