HPCET 2023: Result (Out), Dates, Cut-off, Counselling, Admission
HPCET 2023 Result has been declared for UG & PG courses. Exam Date has been announced. Examination is conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). It is a state level entrance examination and conducted each year. The exam is conducted for candidates who want to get admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Qualified candidates will get admission courses i.e. B. Tech, B.Pharma, MBA & MCA. In this article we have provided detailed information about HPCET 2023 such as result, counselling etc.
Admit Card Exam Dates Syllabus
HPCET 2023 Notifications – Result Out (UG/PG)
HPCET 2023 Result has been declard for UG & PG courses. Click here to check result.
Admission Open 2023
HPCET 2023 Final Answer Key has been released through online mode.
Click here to view answer key (MCA).
Click here to view answer key (MBA).
Click here to view answer key (B.Tech & B.Pharm).
HPCET 2023 Answer Key has been released through online mode on 15th May 2023. Click here to view answer key.
HPCET 2023 Overview
|Exam name||HPCET 2023|
|Full form||Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)|
|Level of exam||State level|
HPCET 2023 Exam Dates
Here are exam dates for HPCET 2023 provided below:
|Online application form starts||21st March 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||30th April 2023|
|Admit card||6th May 2023|
|Exam date||14th May 2023|
|Answer key||15th May 2023|
|Result declaration||31st May 2023|
HPCET 2023 Result
The HPCET 2023 Result has been declared on 25th May 2023 through online mode. The merit list is prepared for all qualified candidates based on the marks in entrance exam.
The separate merit list will be prepared for admission into different courses. Candidates are able to download the result from the website that will be required at the time of counselling.
HPCET 2023 Counselling
Only qualified candidates will be able to participate in the counselling procedure. Counselling authority will allot the seats on the basis of candidates merit, preference, and seat availability. The HPCET 2023 counselling will commence from first week of June 2023.
For admission candidates have to participate in online counselling where candidates have to enter choice filling of preferred institute and course they want to take admission. All the allotted candidates have to confirm their admission by paying the required fee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HPCET 2023 Application Form
Following are the details about the HPCET 2023 application form with some instructions below:
- The application form for HPCET 2023 has been released on 21st March 2023.
- HPCET 2023 Application Form has been made available through online mode.
- Fill the application form with details i.e., personal details, educational qualification, phone number, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature to complete the application form.
- Details in application form must be correct as correction facility may or may not be provided to candidates.
- The last date to submit the application form for HPCET 2023 is till 30th April 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- Application fee can be paid through online mode using credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- In any case, fee will be non-refundable.
Here candidates can check fee structure for all categories:
|General||SC/ ST/ BPL|
|B.Tech/ B.Pharma (Allopath)/ MCA/ MBA||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 800/-|
|B.Tech & B.Pharma (both), MBA & MBA (T&HM) both||Rs. 3200/-||Rs. 1600/-|
HPCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for HPCET 2023 are provided below:
For UG courses
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th class or equivalent from any recognized board. OR,
- Candidates passed in diploma (engineering & technology) will also be eligible.
- Subject: In the qualifying exam candidates must pass with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Electronics, IT, etc. to be eligible for exam.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidates must score at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates).
- Qualification: The candidates must qualify 10+2 level exam from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2023.
- Marks: In qualifying exam candidate must obtain at least 45% marks (40% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category).
- Subject: Candidates must pass with Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subject along with Mathematics/Biology.
For PG courses
- Qualification: Candidates must hold bachelors degree from any discipline from any recognized university.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidates must obtain at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Final year appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelors degree in BCA or its equivalent from any recognised university.
- Marks: In qualifying exam candidate must score at least 50% marks (45% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category) to be eligible.
HPCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Here candidates can check the exam pattern for HPCET 2023 below:
- Exam mode: The exam is conducted via offline mode.
- Number of questions: There will be total 150 questions for UG courses and 100 questions for PG.
- Type of questions: The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Language: Question paper will be available in English language.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 3 hours 15 minutes for UG and 2 hours for PG courses.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer candidates will get 4 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will get deducted.
Here candidates can check section & subject wise exam pattern for UG courses:
|Subjects||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics OR biology||Section A||20||80|
HPCET 2023 Syllabus
HPCET 2023 Syllabus is released by the authority on the basis of 12th class syllabus. It includes Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology. Candidates are advised to check the syllabus to be well prepared for the entrance exam.
For PG courses syllabus includes Verbal Ability, Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation and reasoning, graphs, reasoning, business awareness and computer awareness.
HPCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must check the preparation tips for HPCET 2023 to score well in exam:
- Prepare a timetable for your study.
- Make timetable so you can give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as they will give you an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Take a break in between to maintain concentration and for your mental health.
HPCET 2023 Admit Card
HPCET 2023 Admit card has been released from from 6th May 2023. To download the admit card candidates have to enter the login credentials. Admit card has been made available through online mode.
The admit card contain details such as date, time and venue of the examination. Admit card is an essential document candidate must carry to the examination hall with ID proof. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card.
If you have any other query related to HPCET 2023 exam, then you can ask in comment section below.
Can I apply for more than one course
Candidates are advised not to fill more than one form at the same time.