IISC Admission 2023: Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria
IISC 2023 Admission process starts from February /March 2023 for UG/ PG courses. IISC (Indian Institute of Science), Bangalore is one of the best institutions which offers admission to eligible candidates in the field of research. It conducts a national level admission procedure for candidates seeking admission in various UG & PG courses.
For admission into UG courses (B.Sc/ B.Tech), the candidates must have qualified one of the national level entrance test among JEE Main/ JEE Advanced/ NEET UG/ KVPY. For admission into PG (M.Tech/ M.Des/ M.Mgt) courses, candidates have to qualify GATE/ CEED/ CAT/ GMAT and possess valid scores.
In this article, we have provided you with all the information regarding IISC 2023 from application process to counselling/ admission process.
IISC 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||IISc 2023|
|Full form||Indian Institute of Science|
|Type of exam||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Courses offered||Science, Engineering, Design & Management|
|Conducting body||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
IISC 2023 Important Dates
Following are the IISC admission dates for 2023 admission:
For UG Courses:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Application form releases||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date of the application form||Last week of May 2023|
|Submission of national level scores (KVPY/ JEE Main /JEE Advanced/ NEET UG)||May/ June 2023|
|Reporting at institutions||Last week of July 2023|
For PG Courses:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Application form releases||3rd week of February 2023|
|Last date of the application form||4th week of March 2023|
|End date for receipt of the application for ERP/ sponsored candidates||Last Week of March 2023|
|Aptitude Test for M.Tech/ M.Des||3rd week of April 2023|
|Interview of M.Tech/ M.Des||3rd week of April 2023|
|Reporting dates||2nd week of July 2023|
|Joining of classes||1st week of August 2023|
IISC 2023 Application Form
Given below are the IISC 2023 application process details & complete instructions:
- The application form for IISC 2023 will be available through online mode.
- The application form will be released in February 2023 (for PG courses). For UG courses, candidates
- After registration, candidates are required to login and fill in all the required details in the application form.
- Registration process will have certain steps which candidates must follow step by step carefully.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till last week of May 2023 (for UG courses). For PG courses, last date to submit forms will be till last week of March 2023.
- Before submitting the applications form candidate need to review the application form to confirm whether the information is correct or not. No modification will be allowed after submission of forms.
- Candidates will be provided option of updating their national level scores in application form soon after the results will be declared.
- The scores of national level test can be updated in application from “Application page” status.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- The application fee for the IISC 2023 can be paid through online mode- Net banking/ debit card/ visa/ master credit card/ UPI.
For UG Courses:
|General/ OBC/ KM||INR 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 250/-|
For PG Courses:
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 800/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 400/-|
|ERP candidates||Rs 2000/-|
How to Fill IISC 2023 Application Form
- Step 1: Visit the website (Link is available above).
- Step 2: Go to admissions & click on apply online.
- Step 3: Fill the application form by providing all the required details.
- Step 4: Upload the images of scanned photograph, signature, certificate, etc.
- Step 5: Pay the application fee as prescribed for various categories mentioned above.
- Step 6: Verify all the details filled in form and click on submit.
- Step 7: After submission print form and save the fee receipt for further use in admission process.
IISC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Here, we have provided IISC Eligibility criteria 2023 for UG/ PG courses:
For UG Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board/ university.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must have passed with Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- Marks: Candidates must have cleared with at least 60% marks (SC/ ST candidates only have to pass the exam).
- Appearing: Those who are appearing in their final year can also apply for the exam.
- National Level Scores: Candidates applying for UG must have a valid scorecard of KVPY or JEE Main or JEE Advanced or NEET.
For PG Courses (M.Des/ M.Tech):
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent.
- B.Tech/ B.E equivalent exam of professional societies recognized by MOE/ UPSC/ AICTE by Institutions of Engineers.
- For M.Des program – Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/ Design
- Master’s degree holders in Science disciplines including Physics with Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Geology/ Computer application/ Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences as applicable to individual department offering M.Tech programs.
- National level exam – All the candidates applying for M.Tech must qualify GATE ; GATE or CEED for Design (M.Des); CAT or GMAT for M.Mgt and possess valid scores as on 1st August 2023.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
IISC 2023 Rank List
After the application process & submission of scores of national level exam, the IISC merit list 2023 will be announced based on the performance of the candidates at the national level exam. Candidates have to qualify any of the national level tests among- KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, GATE, CAT, CEED, JRF, ICMR, JEST to be eligible for admission in various courses.
For M.Des & M.Tech (Electronics System Engineering, Climate Science, Computational Science, Earth Science, Electrical engineering) courses, candidates have to qualify the aptitude test after being shortlisted in merit list based on their GATE scores.
IISC 2023 Cut Off
Every year the institute releases the IISC cut off scores, required for the candidates for admission into IISC. The Cut Off are the minimum marks which must be obtained by students for appearing in further admission process.
IISc 2023 Cut off will be available for two channels. Candidates willing to get admission to IISc can also check the previous year cut off for reference. Candidates must note that the authority will release cut off for different channels such as JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, KVPY separately.
Following is the previous year’s cut off to be obtained in national level exam for admission into various UG/ PG courses.
|Examination||For GN||For OBC-NCL||For EWS||For SC/ST/PwD|
IISC 2023 Admission
IISC 2023 Admission will be provided as per the reservation criteria of seats mentioned for various courses & categories. There will be multiple rounds of seat allotment during the admission procedure.
The merit list will be prepared according to the candidates secured marks in qualifying exam. For undergraduate admissions, selection will be based on the merit list of the exam such as KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET UG. For admissions in M.Tech course, admissions will be based on GATE scores.
Students must show their documents for verification at the time of admission. Some of the documents to be carried at the time of admission are mentioned below:
- 10th /12th Pass certificates & mark sheets
- Qualifying exam degree
- Admit card of the qualifying exam
- Scorecard of qualifying exam
- Domicile certificate
- Recent passport size photograph
- Category certificate (if required), etc.
If you have any other query related to IISC 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.