IISc Eligibility 2020, Check IISc Entrance Test Eligibility For UG & PG
IISc Eligibility 2020 will provide an overview of the rules and conditions that must be satisfied by the candidates if seeking admission in IISc, Bangalore. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university which offers education in the area of science & research. The university will not conduct any entrance exam to get admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and research programme. The admission into these courses will be based on JEE Main, KVPY, GATE, NEET, JAM, etc. In this article, we have gathered all the information related to IISc 2020 Eligibility.
IISc Eligibility 2020
Candidates will have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria to get admission into UG, PG, Integrated & Research programmes. Before filling IISc 2020 Application Form, candidates should fulfill the given eligibility. The IISc Entrance Test eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
Bachelor of Science (Research):
- Candidates will have to pass 10+2 or PUC examination in 2019 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subject from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc., in addition to PCM are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will have to secure a first class or 60% or equivalent grade in a qualifying examination to be eligible.
- SC/ST Candidates will have to score only passing marks in the examination.
- Appearing candidates will be also eligible to apply.
Note: Candidates will have to qualify one of the national level entrance tests: JEE Main 2020, NEET 2020, JEE Advanced 2020 & KVPY-SA 2019, KVPY-SX 2019, KVPY-SB 2019.
- Candidates will have to complete bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates will have to pass a master’s degree in Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics or MCA can also apply.
- Candidates should complete bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ Design/Architecture can apply for M.Des programme.
- For M.Tech/M.Des programme, candidates will have to pass the examination with second class.
- Candidates, those pass Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent degree, they will be also eligible to apply for M.Mgt programme.
- For M.Mgt, candidates will have to pass the examination with first class.
Note: All the candidates will have to qualify GATE 2018/2019/2020 (for M.Tech) or CEED 2020 (for M.Des), or CAT 2019 or GMAT score (for M.Mgt). Candidates will have to possess the valid scorecard(s) as on 1st August 2020.
- Candidates will have to complete first class in B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Physical, Mathematical, Chemical, Biological Sciences (including Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences) can apply.
- BE/B.Tech degree holder who qualify JAM exam in Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics, they will be eligible to apply for the Mathematical Sciences discipline.
- BE/B.Tech degree holder who pass JAM exam in Biotechnology, they will be eligible to apply for Biological Sciences discipline.
- Candidates who will qualify JEST 2020 will be eligible to get admission in Physical Science Discipline.
Research Programme (Ph.D & M.Tech (Research)):
- Candidates who hold Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Graduates of Bachelor of Science programmes (4 years) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Science/Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/Application will be also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will have to qualify master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences are also eligible.
- Candidates who pass MS/MBA (post BE/B Tech) (applicable to the Department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences) will be also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who hold Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering/Technology from any centrally funded technical institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent either of the seventh semester or at the end of the eighth semester can also apply.
- Candidates must have an MBBS/MD degree to be eligible to apply.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of second class in the following degrees.
Note: Candidates will have to qualify one of the following appropriate national tests with validity as on 1st August 2020 will be mandatory: CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF; or ICMR JRF; or JEST 2020; or NBHM Screening Test 2020; or GATE 2018/2019/2020 or INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D.).
In case of any query or doubt regarding IISC Eligibility 2020, you may ask us by commenting below.