JEST 2023: Score Card (Out), Interview (Started), Counselling
JEST 2023 Interview for theoretical computer science has been started from 29th May 2023. Score Card for theoretical computer science – Part A has been released on 6th May 2023. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). JEST is a national-level exam and it is considered a National Eligibility Test (NET). It offers admission to Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. courses in Physics or Neuroscience, Theoretical Computer Science, and Computational Biology. The candidates can get admission to various institutions participating in this exam. The various institutions participating in JEST like IISc, IIST, IISER, NISER etc. will offer admission through JEST scores. In this article, candidates can get complete information about JEST 2023 entrance exam.
JEST 2023 Notifications – Interview Started
Get complete updates of JEST 2023 Admission & Counselling procedure from here. Click here to view details.
Get all exam details & latest updates about JEST 2024 from here.
JEST 2023 Interview has been started from 29th May 2023. Check here for details.
JEST 2023 Score Card has been released for theoretical Computer Science part A. Check here for details.
JEST 2023 Response Sheet has been released on 26th April 2023. Check here for answer key details.
JEST 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It has been held on 26th March 2023. Check here for exam date details.
JEST 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||JEST 2023|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Body||SERB- Science, and Engineering Research Board|
|Courses offered||Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. program in Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science/ Computational Biology/ Neuroscience|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and paper mode)|
|Date of Exam||26th March 2023|
JEST Courses Offered:
Courses in which candidates can secure admission based on their JEST results are as mentioned below:
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology
- Integrated Ph.D. in Physics
- Integrated Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- Integrated Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Integrated Ph.D. in Computational Biology
JEST 2023 Exam Date
In the table given below, we have mentioned the official JEST Exam Dates 2023:
|Online registration begins||28th January 2023|
|Last date to register||3rd March 2023|
|Correction facility||3rd to 6th March 2023|
|Admit Card release date||16th March 2023|
|Entrance exam date||26th March 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||8th April 2023|
|Revised Answer Key||15th April 2023|
|Score Card||26th April 2023|
JEST 2023 Answer Key
The JEST Answer Key 2023 has been released on 8th April 2023 through online mode. Authority has released the answer key in PDF format. Candidates can calculate their marks with the help of the answer key.
If any candidate has doubt or complaint regarding the key questions the same shall be submitted to the authority. Candidates can also get the objection facility for the answer key. The final answer key has been released after the completion of the objection facility.
JEST 2023 Result
The JEST Result 2023 has been announced on 26th April 2023. The result is provided through online mode. Then candidates have to enter their roll number and date of birth and the result get appear on the screen.
There is a combined merit list with a category-wise merit list for all the candidates participating in the examination. All the candidates who appeared for the entrance test are awarded test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test preparation.
JEST 2023 Merit list
The authorities of JEST, SERB has prepared the JEST Merit list for the candidates who appeared for the entrance exam. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the exam result. SERB consider the marks of the candidate’s marks secured in the JEST to prepare the merit list.
The candidate who gets finalized for the JEST can check the merit list online mode on the website of JEST. The shortlisted get admission to JEST participating institutes.
JEST 2023 Counselling
The JEST Counselling 2023 will be conducted separately by participating institutes. The institutes will release the list of qualified candidates for interview on the basis of cut off.
The institute will communicate the interview date and venue via email id and SMS. Candidates will have to attend the counselling to confirm their seats in choice of their college.
The admission will be provided according to the candidate’s preference and rank obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will have to report to the allotted center with the following documents:
- 10thmark sheet and certificate
- 12thmark sheet and certificate
- JEST Admit Card & Score Card
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEST 2023 Application Form
Candidates must check all the details regarding JEST 2023 Application form from below:
- The candidates who want to apply for the examination are required to fill out the application form from the 28th January 2023.
- The candidates must possess the correct email address so that registration can be completed soon.
- Candidates have to fill out the application form and upload scanned photos as well as a signature in jpg format and other mentioned specifications.
- Pay the application fee charges to complete the application process.
- The last date to register for the application form for JEST 2023 will be till 3rd March 2023.
- Candidates can also edit incorrect details in the form (if any) by requesting via email @ [email protected] upto 6th March 2023.
- Once the application form submission task gets over, the candidate receives the confirmation on their registered email id.
- The candidate must take the printout of the JEST 2023 application form for future reference.
- The application fee can be paid through Credit cards, net banking, and debit card (online payment gateways).
- The candidates belonging to the General category need to make a payment of Rs 800/-.
- The candidates belonging to SC and ST categories need to make a payment of Rs 400/-.
JEST 2023 How to Apply
- Step-1: Candidates have to register yourself before you log in.
- Step-2: To register, the candidate have to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link on the Homepage.
- Step-3: Candidate will receive an email with the account information after registering with a valid email-id.
- Step-4: One should follow the instructions given in the email for resetting the password and further login.
- Step-5: Login to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password. Fill the form and save it, or modify an already saved form.
- Step-6: Press the “Submit Application” button only when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Step-7: Upload jpg files of your Passport size and Scanned signature.
- Step-8: Pay the application fee online using SBI E-pay.
- Step-9: Once the online application form is submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
JEST Eligibility Criteria
Here we have provided the courses wise eligibility (qualifying exam) for JEST 2023:
For Ph.D. Programme:
- Physics: M.Sc. in Physics while some Institutions accept M.Sc./ ME/ BE/ B.Tech/ in applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Neuroscience at NBRC: M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics), BE/ B.Tech/ MCA in Computer Science.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMS: M.Sc./ ME/ M.Tech in Computer Science or a related area.
- Computational Biology at IMSM: ME/ M.Tech/ MCA in any discipline.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme:
- IISER, Thiruvananthapuram: B.Sc. (Physics) or BE/ B.Tech in any discipline.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: B.Tech/ MCA/ BE in Computer Science or a related stream.
JEST 2023 Admit Card
The JEST Admit Card 2023 has been released on 16th March 2023. The candidate has to carry the printout of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo IDs for entering the examination center. Admit cards can not be sent by post/ email.
Candidates should carry their admit cards on the day of the examination as no candidates are allowed to enter the examination hall. Authority releases the admit card for every registered candidate for the examination.
JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
Check details related to the JEST Exam pattern in the below given section:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be in offline mode (pen and paper mode).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be a multiple-choice question paper.
- Total Questions: There will be 50 questions in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: Candidates must complete the question paper in 3 hours.
- Language: The question paper format will be in the English language.
- Section: There are 3 sections in the exam Section A, B, and C.
- Marking Scheme: Part A: The candidate will receive 3 marks for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Part B: The candidates will receive 3 marks for correct answers and no negative marking in this section.
- Part C: The candidate will receive 1 mark for the correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Section wise exam pattern of JEST 2023 is given below:
|Parts||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|Part B||10||+3||No negative marking|
JEST 2023 Syllabus
The JEST syllabus will cover various topics of the subject which are decided by the conducting body. Each offered program has a different syllabus for JEST 2023. At graduation and post-graduation levels, the authority will set the syllabus.
The details for the JEST syllabus are given below:
For Physics: The question will be carried on topics such as Electromagnetism and Optics, Quantum Mechanic, Mathematical Methods, Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, and Electronics.
For Theoretical Computer Science: Candidates can read topics such as Combinatory, Data Structure, and Algorithms, Graph Theory, Principle of Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Analytical Reasoning, and Deduction.
JEST 2023 Preparation Tips
Check some effective JEST 2023 Preparation Tips:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
JEST 2023 Exam Centres
JEST exam centers are listed in the table below for candidates’ convenience:
If you have any other queries about JEST 2023 exam, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.