JIPMER 2019 Eligibility, Age Limit, Qualification Criteria
JIPMER Eligibility 2019 must be checked by the candiates before filling JIPMER application form. JIPMER is a national level entrance exam through which candidates can get admission in the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. This exam is conducted for admission to the MBBS programme. Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) conducts the JIPMER MBBS entrance exam every year. In this article we have mentioned the complete details about JIPMER Eligibility 2019.
JIPMER 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria given to appear in the JIPMER 2019 entrance exam for MBBS. In this section candidates can get the complete eligibility criteria. If the candidates will not fulfill the given eligibility criteria, they will not be allotted admissions even on qualifying the exam. It is neccessary to check the eligibility before filling JIPMER MBBS 2019 Application Form.
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):
- OCI registered candidates are also eligible to appear in the test.
- The candidates have to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counseling.
- OCI candidates will be considered as unreserved category candidates.
- Foreign national candidates have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for courses in the Institution.
- It is also necessary to submit the advance copy of application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates should complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- Candidates must born on or before 1st January 2003.
- There is no relaxation in age limit for reserved category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary/Indian School Certificate or equivalent examination from any recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology are the main subjects to having in the qualifying exam. However, it is also necessary to have English subjects with one elective subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must score the minimum of 50% marks (for GEN/EWS), 40% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (GEN-OPH) in PCB stream.
- Eligibility Certificate: Candidates those have passed the qualifying examination other than the above mentioned subjects have to produce the eligibility certificate.
- Eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi for OCI/NRI candidates.
- Appeared Candidates: Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2019 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission.
If you have any query related to the JIPMER 2019 Eligibility, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment box given below.