JIPMER 2024 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification Criteria – Check Here
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility 2024 must be checked by the candidates before filling JIPMER application form. JIPMER offers admission in the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. This examination has been replaced by the NEET examination. This exam is conducted for admission to the MBBS/ BDS & AYUSH courses. This is a national level examination conducted one time each year. In this article we have mentioned the complete details about JIPMER MBBS 2024 Eligibility.
JIPMER MBBS 2024 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear in the JIPMER MBBS 2024. In this section candidates will get the complete eligibility criteria for the JIPMER MBBS. If the candidates will not fulfill the given eligibility criteria, they will not be allotted admissions even on qualifying the exam. It is necessary to check the eligibility before filling JIPMER MBBS 2024 Application Form.
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):
- OCI registered candidates will be eligible to appear in the test.
- The candidates have to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counseling.
- OCI candidates will be considered as unreserved category candidates.
- Foreign national candidates have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for courses in the Institution.
- It is also necessary to submit the advance copy of application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates should complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- There is no relaxation in age limit for reserved category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary/Indian School Certificate or equivalent examination from any recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology are the main subjects to having in the qualifying exam. However, it is also necessary to have English subjects with one elective subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must score the minimum of 50% marks (for GEN/EWS), 40% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (GEN-OPH) in PCB stream.
- Eligibility Certificate: Candidates those have passed the qualifying examination other than the above mentioned subjects have to produce the eligibility certificate.
- Eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi for OCI/NRI candidates.
- Appeared Candidates: Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2024 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission.
JIPMER MBBS 2024 Application Form:
Candidates can check following details regarding JIPMER MBBS 2024 Application Form:
- JIPMER MBBS 2024 application form will be made available through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from March 2024.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till April 2024.
- While filling application form, candidates will have to provide valid/ working email ID & phone number as all information regarding exam will be sent to it.
- Incomplete or incorrect application form will be rejected, so candidates must fill the form carefully.
- Candidates have to submit the application fee through online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- General category candidates will have to submit Rs. 1700/-.
- General EWS/ OBC NCL* category candidates will have to submit Rs. 1600/-.
- Reserved category candidates (PWD/ ST/ SC/ Transgender) will have to submit Rs. 1000/-.
If you have any query related to the JIPMER MBBS 2024 Eligibility, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment box given below.