JIPMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Age & Qualification Criteria – Check Here
JIPMER Eligibility 2020 must be checked by the candidates before filling JIPMER application form. JIPMER is a national level entrance exam through which candidates will get admission in the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. This exam will be conducted for admission to the MBBS programme. Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) conducts the JIPMER MBBS entrance exam every year. In this article we have mentioned the complete details about JIPMER Eligibility 2020.
JIPMER 2020 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear in the JIPMER 2020 entrance exam for MBBS. In this section candidates will get the complete eligibility criteria. If the candidates will not fulfill the given eligibility criteria, they will not be allotted admissions even on qualifying the exam. It will be necessary to check the eligibility before filling JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form.
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):
- OCI registered candidates are also eligible to appear in the test.
- The candidates have to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counseling.
- OCI candidates will be considered as unreserved category candidates.
- Foreign national candidates have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for courses in the Institution.
- It is also necessary to submit the advance copy of application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates should complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- Candidates must born on or before 1st January 2004.
- There is no relaxation in age limit for reserved category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should pass the 12th/Higher Secondary/Indian School Certificate or equivalent examination from any recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology are the main subjects to having in the qualifying exam. However, it is also necessary to have English subjects with one elective subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must score the minimum of 50% marks (for GEN/EWS), 40% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (GEN-OPH) in PCB stream.
- Eligibility Certificate: Candidates those have passed the qualifying examination other than the above mentioned subjects have to produce the eligibility certificate.
- Eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi for OCI/NRI candidates.
- Appeared Candidates: Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2020 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission.
JIPMER 2020 Application Form:
Candidates can check following details regarding JIPMER 2020 Application Form:
- JIPMER 2020 application form will be made available via online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from first week of March 2020.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till second week of April 2020.
- While filling application form, candidates will have to provide valid/ working email ID & phone number as all information regarding exam will be sent to it.
- Incomplete or incorrect application form will be rejected, so candidates must fill the form carefully.
- Candidates will have to submit the application fee through online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- General category candidates will have to submit Rs. 1500.
- OCI/ NRI category candidates will have to submit Rs. 3000.
- Reserved category candidates will have to submit Rs. 1200.
If you have any query related to the JIPMER 2020 Eligibility, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment box given below.