JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus – Know Here
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern includes the total number of questions, marking scheme, exam mode, exam duration & other details of exam. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will be the organizing authority of JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. JIPMER is a national level entrance exam which will be conducted once in every year. Candidates will get admission in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER, Karaikal campuses through this examination. In this article we have provided the information related to JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020.
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of JIPMER MBBS comprise of mode of exam, marking scheme, no. of questions, total marks provided, the language of the paper, etc. Before appearing in the exam, it will be necessary to know the exam pattern of the particular exam. With the help of marking scheme, candidates will be able to estimate that in which subject they will be able to secure more marks. Below we have given the complete exam pattern.
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: It will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Test) only.
- Exam Date: The exam will be conducted in the second week of June 2020.
- Duration of Exam: It will be of about two and a half hours.
- Shifts: It will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. one in morning (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and another in afternoon (3:00 PM to 5:30 PM).
- Language: The examination will be conducted in English medium only.
- No. of Questions: There will be total 200 questions which will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English language and Comprehension and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Here we have provided the subject wise weightage of JIPMER exam:
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus of JIPMER MBBS 2020 will be prepared from the syllabus as prescribed by the State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE for 11th and 12th standards. Candidates will also be able to go for the Mock Test for CBT online exam, which will be provided by the authority on their website. The syllabus will consist from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language & Comprehension, and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
Some topics from physics will be as optics, Dual nature of matter, electrostatic, and much more. Topics from chemistry include solid state, electro-chemistry, chemical kinetics, Polymers, etc. Biology syllabus will contain topics as Human Physiology, plant physiology, human welfare & biotechnology and etc.
In English language, there will be 3 sections, Section A will be as reading unseen passages & Note-making. Section B as writing skills. Literature part & long reading text part will be from section C.
Some of the preparation tips for JIPMER 2020 will be as:
- Students must make a proper time table & follow it strictly.
- Complete the prescribed syllabus at least one week before examination.
- Keep last week only for revision.
- Go through the complete exam pattern.
- Solve previous year questions paper & mock test.
- Stay healthy & fit.
If you have any other query regarding JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.