NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification & Age Limit – Know Here
NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria is necessary to fulfill in order to be eligible to sit in the exam. The eligibility criteria will be fixed by the authority of NIFT. The exam will be conducted once in a year which is a national level entrance test. It will be organized to offer admission in the Fashion and Technology field. Through this entrance exam, candidates will get admission into the UG and PG courses of NIFT and its affiliated campuses. In this article, we have provided the complete details related to NIFT eligibility criteria 2022.
NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the general eligibility criteria and UG/ PG courses-wise eligibility for NIFT 2022:
Here are the complete eligibility norms candidates must satisfy to be eligible for NIFT Examination 2022:
- For general category candidates, the maximum age limit is 24 years as on 1st August 2022.
- For ST/SC/PHP candidates, the relaxation in age limit is 5 years.
- No age limit for PG courses.
For the candidates those are appearing in the 12th/ final year of diploma/ final year of college will be provided admission as per the below conditions:
- Candidates below the age of 18 yrs can submit an affidavit of Rs.10 non-judicial stamp paper signed by parents and guardians.
- If the candidate’s result has not been declared, he/she can submit a provisional certificate of the exam from the institution’s head.
- Candidates have to submit their qualifying degree to the director of the campus before the last date.
Here candidates can check the separate eligibility criteria for UG & PG courses.
For UG Programs:
- BF.Tech (4 years) – Apparel Production
- Candidate must have passed his 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate must have qualified with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- B.Des (4 years) – Fashion Communication, Accessory Design, Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Leather Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design:
- Candidates must have passed his 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
For PG Programs:
- MF.Tech (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree in B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
- MFM (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or have done UG Diploma of minimum 3 years from NID or NIFT.
- M.Des. (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or have done UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
Click here to check official Eligibility Criteria
NIFT 2022 Seat Reservation
The seats are reserved by the admission authority according to the seat reservation criteria for ST/ SC/ OBC-NCL/ PHP/ NRIs categories. The reservation for different categories is mentioned below:
|Categories||Reservation of seats|
|PHP||3% for PHP (with 40% or more disability)|
|NRI/ Foreign Nationals/ SAARC||15%|
|Jammu & Kashmir state domiciled||35% within 30 seats|
NIFT 2022 Application Form
NIFT 2022 application form can be filled by the candidates through online mode. The registration process for NIFT 2022 will be commenced from the 3rd week of December 2021 through online mode. The NIFT Application form will remain available till 3rd week of January 2022.
Candidates will be able to make the application fee payment by online or offline mode. The application fee can be paid by the candidates through debit/credit card or net banking. For offline mode, candidates must have to pay the application fee through DD drawn in favour of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi.
If the candidates want to correct the filled details in the application form, it will be done from last week of January 2022. Candidates will be able to correct their personal and educational qualification details within the prescribed time period.
If you have any query related to NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.