NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification & Age Limit – Know Here
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria will be necessary to fulfill in order to be eligible to sit in the exam. The eligibility criteria will be fixed by the official authority of NIFT. The exam will be conducted once in a year which is a national level entrance test. It will be organized to offer admission in the Fashion and Technology field. Through this entrance exam, candidates will get admission into the UG and PG courses of NIFT and its affiliated campuses. In this article, we have provided the complete details related to NIFT 2020 eligibility criteria.
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the general eligibility criteria and UG/PG courses-wise eligibility for NIFT 2020:
Check general eligibility required to appear in the exam.
- For general category candidates, the maximum age limit is 23 years as on October 1, 2019.
- For ST/SC/PHP candidates, the relaxation in age limit is 5 years.
- No age limit for PG courses.
For the candidates those are appearing in the 12th/final year of diploma/final year of college will be provided admission as per the below conditions:
- Candidates below the age of 18 yrs can submit an affidavit of Rs.10 non-judicial stamp paper signed by parents and guardians.
- If the candidate’s result has not been declared, he/she can submit a provisional certificate of the exam from the institution’s head.
- Candidates have to submit their qualifying degree to the director of the campus before the last date.
Here candidates can check the separate eligibility criteria for UG & PG courses.
For UG Programs:
- BF.Tech (4 years) – Apparel Production
- Candidate must have passed his 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate must have qualified with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- B.Des (4 years) – Fashion Communication, Accessory Design, Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Leather Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design:
- Candidates must have passed his 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
For PG Programs:
- MF.Tech (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree in B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
- MFM (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or have done UG Diploma of minimum 3 years from NID or NIFT.
- M.Des. (2 years):
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or have done UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
Click here to check official Eligibility Criteria
NIFT 2020 Seat Reservation
The seats are reserved by the admission authority according to the seat reservation criteria for ST/SC/OBC-NCL/PHP/NRIs categories. The reservation for different categories is mentioned below:
|Categories||Reservation of seats|
|PHP||3% for PHP (with 40% or more disability)|
|Jammu & Kashmir state domiciled||35% within 30 seats|
NIFT 2020 Application Form
NIFT 2020 application form will be filled by the candidates through online mode. The registration process of NIFT will be started from last week of October 2019. The last date to fill and submit the application form will be last week of December 2019.
Candidates will be able to make the application fee payment by online or offline mode. The application fee will be paid by the candidates through debit/credit card or net banking. For offline mode, candidates will have to pay the application fee through DD drawn in favour of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi.
If the candidates want to correct the filled details in the application form, it may be done till first week of January 2020. Candidates will be able to correct their personal and educational qualification details within the prescribed time period.
If you have any query related to NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.