PUCET 2024: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
PUCET 2024 Exam will be held in fourth week of April 2024 for UG. Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) is conducted to provide admission in various UG & PG courses. It is a university level entrance examination conducted one time in a year. Panjab University, Chandigarh is the conducting authority of PUCET examination. Interest and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the examination to get admission in the field of pharmacy, engineering, commerce etc. Entrance examination is conducted separately for PUCET UG & PUCET PG. Here in this article we have provided details about PUCET 2024 exam including exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc.
PUCET 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam||PUCET 2024|
|Full form||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Conducting authority||Panjab University, Chandigrah|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Frequency of exam||One time in a year|
PUCET 2024 Exam Dates
Check exam dates for PUCET 2024 UG & PG courses in the table below:
For PU-CET (UG):
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Starting of application form||1st week of March 2024|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of April 2024|
|Last date for deposition of fee through online mode||1st week of April 2024|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature||2nd week of April 2024|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of April 2024|
|Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form||3rd week of April 2024|
|PUCET 2024 Exam||4th week of April 2024|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of May 2024|
For PUCET PG:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Starting of application form||1st week of June 2024|
|Last date for generating Bank Challan||1st week of July 2024|
|Last date for deposit fee||1st week of July 2024|
|Submission of upload the photograph, signature||2nd week of July 2024|
|Admit card||4th week of July 2024|
|Last date for submission with late fee of Rs 500/-||4th week of July 2024|
|PUCET PG exam date||4th week of July 2024|
|Uploading of answer key and objection||1st week of August 2024|
|Last date of submission of objection||1st week of August 2024|
|Uploading the response to the objection||2nd week of August 2024|
|Submission of cross objection||2nd week of August 2024|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of August 2024|
PUCET 2024 Application Form
Candidates must check the below mentioned details about PUCET 2024 Application Form:
- Registration form for UG & PG both courses will be made available in online mode.
- Any offline facility will not be provided to submit the form.
- Candidates will be able to fill their application form from first week of March 2024 for UG & first week of June 2024 for PG.
- Fill details carefully in the application form like qualification, personal & communication details etc.
- Candidates must upload document i.e. photograph & signature in the specific format.
- There will be no correction window to edit mistakes, so it is advised to enter valid details to avoid mistakes.
- Last date to submit application form will be till first week of April 2024 for UG & till 1st week of July 2024 for PG.
- Take printout of the submitted application form and keep a copy save for further references.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable once paid.
Below candidates can check the category wise fee details for UG & PG:
|General category||Rs. 2395/-|
|Fir SC/ ST/ PWD category||Rs. 1198/-|
|For Additional subject (for both general and reserved category)||Rs. 475/- (UG)|
Rs. 575/- (PG)
How to Apply for PUCET 2024:
- Step-1: Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Step-2: Register online by providing basic details & note down your login ID, password.
- Step-3: Login to your account and pay the application fee through online mode.
- Step-4: Now fill asked details in the application form carefully.
- Step-5: Upload scanned images of photograph and signature in specific size.
- Step-6: Click on save and confirm button and submit your application form.
- Step-7: Do not forgot to take printout of the application form.
PUCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the given PUCET eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
For UG Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from a recognised board.
- Marks Criteria: One should obtained minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Applying candidates must have physics, chemistry, mathematics/ biology in 12th level.
- Appearing: 12th appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
For PG Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates must be graduated in any stream from a recognised university or institute.
- Marks: Marks criteria will be different as per the courses.
- Subjects: Final year appearing candidates will also be able to apply.
PUCET 2024 Exam Pattern
Here we have provided complete details related to the PUCET exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: PUCET 2024 exam will be held through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Question paper will consist of multiple choice questions.
- Duration: UG exam will be held in 70 minutes & PG exam will be held in 1 hour 30 minutes duration.
- UG Marking Scheme: For each correct response 2 marks will be provided & 25% marks will be deducted for wrong answer.
- PG Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be provided and no marks will be deducted for wrong response.
Check below the subject wise exam pattern for PUCET UG:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2024 Syllabus
PUCET 2024 syllabus will be different for UG & PG courses. It will be prepared based on the 11th and 12th class. Candidates must prepare for UG courses from the subjects physics, chemistry, mathematics/ biology. For PG courses syllabus will be based on graduation subjects. We will provide the link in article when syllabus will be released.
PUCET Preparation Tips
Check below some basic preparation tips and tricks, it will help candidates to prepare well for the PUCET exam:
- Understand the exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Make a timetable and follow it on the daily basis.
- Check previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Attempt mock tests and do revision daily.
- Choose good study material and books as well.
- Stay healthy, do yoga and exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PUCET 2024 Admit Card
Admit card will be released via online mode for both UG & PG courses. PUCET admit card will be available through login. It will be necessary for the candidates to produce admit card at the test centre. Candidates will get their admit card from third week of April 2024 for UG & fourth week of July 2024 for PG.
Candidates must bring PUCET 2024 admit card with one of the photo identity proof on the examination day. Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Take printout of the admit card and keep it safe for future references.
PUCET 2024 Answer Key
PUCET Answer Key will be released a few days after the conduct of exam. Candidates will be able to get an idea about their marks with the help of answer key. Answer key will be made available through online mode on the website. It will be available in PDF format.
Authority will also provide the facility to submit objections against the answer key. After receiving all the objections, candidates will be able to download the final answer keys.
PUCET 2024 Result
Result will be declared in second week of May 2024 for UG, for PG it will be declared in third week of August 2024. Result will be declared through online mode. Candidates can get their result using login details. There will be no re-checking/ re-evaluation of the PUCET result.
Check details carefully printed on the score card i.e. name, scored obtain by the candidates, roll number etc. Result will not be sent to any candidate by post or other offline method. Exam qualified candidates will be shortlisted for further admission procedure.
PUCET 2024 Counselling
Candidates will be called for the PUCET Counselling based on the scores obtained by them in examination. Candidates whose name will be appeared in the merit list, must appear for the counselling. Eligible candidates must fill the admission form for counselling and admission procedure.
Candidates will need to present by person at the university with required documents. Seats will be confirmed to the candidates only after the submission of admission fee and document verification.
Documents Required for Verification:
Here we have listed the documents which will be needed for verification:
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheets
- certificates of class 10th & 12th
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Graduation mark sheets
- Identity proof i.e. Aadhar card
- PUCET 2024 admit card
- PUCET 2024 score card
- Admission letter
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopies of documents
If candidates have any other query related to the PUCET 2024, then they can ask us by leaving queries in the comment section below.