JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022 (Relaxed) – Check Attempts, Qualification
JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility Criteria has been relaxed. Candidates must check the complete eligibility before filling the application form. JEE Advance is a national level entrance test organized by IITs under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board. Last year, it was organized by IIT, Kharagpur. This exam is conducted for providing admission to students in UG, PG and other courses in engineering, architecture, science or pharmaceutical offered by IITs and ISM. Students are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Through this article, students can check detailed information about JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022.
JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022 – Relaxed
JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility Criteria has been relaxed due to Covid 19 pandemic. Click here to view eligibility.
Candidates always check the eligibility first before filling the JEE Advanced 2022 application form, as only eligible candidates will allow to set in examination.
New Changes in Eligibility due to Covid 19 pandemic:
- Candidates who appeared in class 12th (or equivalent) examination for the first time in 2020 OR 2021 AND successfully registered for JEE (Advanced) 2021 but were absent in BOTH the papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2, of JEE (Advanced) 2021, are eligible to directly appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022.
- candidates who appeared in class 12th (or equivalent) examination in 2020 for the first time are also eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022. Such candidate(s) should appear/should have appeared in JEE (Main) 2022 and meet the cut-off score of the top 2,50,000 successful candidates.
- This one-time measure is applicable to ONLY those candidates for whom the appearance in JEE (Advanced) 2022 will be their first or second attempt.
- These candidates must confirm their eligibility for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2022 by visiting the official website and filling in the requisite information during the registration.
- Indian citizen and OCI & PIO candidates are eligible to apply.
Number of Attempts:
- Students can attempt JEE Advanced exam for maximum two times in consecutive years.
- Age Limit: Students should have born on or after 1st October 1997 (for general candidates) and 1st October 1991 (for SC/ST & PwD candidates).
JEE Main 2022 Performance Eligibility:
- Candidate should be among the top 2,50,000 (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2021 to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022.
- The percentages of various categories are: 10% for GEN- EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 40.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
The authority will follow the following order for selecting top 2,50,000 candidates in various categories:
|Order||Category||Number of “Top” Candidates||Total|
Note: The total number of candidates can be slightly greater than 2,50,000 in the presence of “tied” ranks/scores in any category.
Performance in Class 12th (or Equivalent):
- Candidates appeared in the 12th or equivalent exam in the year 2021 or 2022 for the first time in all subjects are eligible to apply.
As per the new changes and relaxation introduced in eligibility of JEE Advanced 2021, students will not be required to fullfill minimum eligibility marks of 75% (65% for ST/ SC) in 12th level to get admission in IIT. Students passing 12th level & JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2021-22 were declared after June 2022 will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022.
- The following 5 subjects will be considered:
(d) A Language
(e) Any subject (other than four above mentioned subject).
Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Candidates who have admitted in an IIT/ISM in the past are not eligible to appear the JEE Advanced or candidates who have accepted any seat in IIT/ISM by reporting at the reporting centre. Students whose admissions were cancelled at IITs or ISM are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have been admitted first time in a preparatory course in any IITs in the year 2021 are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2022.
- Those candidates who have paid the seat acceptance fee in 2021 but not accepted the seat are also eligible to apply.
Examinations Considered As Equivalent to Class 12th
Here, candidates can check the list of examination that will be considered equal to class 12th examination for JEE Advanced 2022:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system which is conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination which is conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIUs.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Higher Secondary School Examination conducted by NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU. H.S.C. vocational examination
- 3-year diploma course recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- HSC examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case of candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside India or from a Board which is not mentioned above then, such candidates are required to produce the certificate from the AIU subjecting that the examination they have passed is equivalent to class 12th examination.
- If Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Click here to view JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility (Official)
If you have any other queries regarding JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.