SNAP 2018: Registration, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
SNAP 2018 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) will be administrated by the Symbiosis International University. It is a university level entrance examination through which candidates can get admission in management courses (MBA) offered by various associated institutions of Symbiosis University. Candidates can get the complete details about SNAP 2018 exam, including registration, exam date, admit card, exam pattern and syllabus.
SNAP Exam Dates
Candidates can check here all exam related tentative dates:
|Online Registration Commences||4th week of August 2017|
|Registration Closes||4th week of November 2017|
|Application Form Correction||last week of November 2017|
|Test Payment Closes||4th week of November 2017|
|Admit Card Available||1st week of December to 3rd week of December 2017|
|Exam Date||3rd week of December 2017|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of January 2018|
SNAP Registration 2018
Applicants can check here the process of filling up SNAP application form 2018:
- Candidates have to register through online mode only.
- Candidates can register online from fourth week of August 2017 to fourth week of November 2017.
- Upload the scanned image of recent colored passport size photograph.
- Make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates can make payment through online mode using credit card or net banking.
- Payment can also be made using e-challan or demand draft.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1500/- for all candidates.
- Demand draft should be drawn in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- In case of payment through DD, candidates have to send the required documents along with DD to the address mentioned below:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune-412115
- Nationality: Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign National (FN), candidates can also apply.
- Qualification: Students should have cleared graduation degree from any recognized university or institution.
- Aggregate: Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks (for general candidates) and 45% (for SC/ST candidates).
- Foreign Qualification: Candidates who have completed their qualifying degree from any foreign university or institution must obtain the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
SNAP Exam Pattern
- Duration: The test duration will be of 120 minutes.
- Type of Question: Questions will be objective type. Each question has 4 responses.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 25% negative marks will be done.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|Current Affairs (last 2 years)||30||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
How to Prepare for SNAP
- Before preparing for exam candidates should have complete knowledge about the syllabus.
- To score good marks in the examination, candidates have to follow the best books and study materials which are available in the market and internet.
- You can also take help with your teachers and coaching institutions.
- Go through the previous year question papers and do not try new topics at the end.
- Stay stress free and never neglect your health while preparing for exam.
The SNAP syllabus comprises of various topics such as General Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, General English and Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency. The detailed syllabus is given below:
Important quotations, Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics Major corporate events Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, Geography, International organizations, Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, etc.
Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come), Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with four or five sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Odd man out, Idioms, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, etc.
Allegation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Installment Payments, Clocks, Probability, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Permutations & Combinations, Trigonometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Geometry, Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Profit & Loss, Averages, Number system, HCF & LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices, Complex numbers, etc.
Probably false, definitely true, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, definitely false kind of statement, Coding and decoding ,Sequencing ,Identifying next number in series, Puzzles, Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Venn diagram, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, etc. Critical reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, Visual reasoning, Identifying valid inferences ,Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Statements and conclusions, etc.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
SNAP Admit Card 2018
- SNAP 2018 Admit Card will be available via online mode.
- The admit card will be available from first week of December2017 till the third week of December 2017.
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity Proof should be carried to the test centre at the time of the test.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, colored photograph is pasted on the admit card at the place provided for before appearing for the test.
- Preserve the SNAP Hall Ticket 2018 for further processes.
SNAP Result 2018
- SNAP 2018 Result will be provided to students in the second week of January 2018.
- Candidates can check the result through online mode.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for various rounds like Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test on the basis of SNAP Score.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
|Snap score out of 180 marks scaled down to 50 marks||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
Cut-off is the minimum marks scored by the candidates to qualify in the entrance exam. On the basis of cut-off the merit list will be prepared. SNAP cut-off for 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the SNAP score (out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks), Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT). The category-wise cut off for merit list and wait list will be displayed via online mode through the website.
SNAP Admission 2018
- Candidates can go for the admission procedure after releasing of SNAP 2018 result and cut-off.
- The admission procedure is consisting of three stages, i.e. GE-PIWAT(Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test).
- Admissions will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the SNAP exam 2018 & other admission rounds.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their rank and availability of seats in colleges or institution.
If you have any query regarding SNAP 2018, you can leave your query in the comment box given below.