Thapar University Admission 2019: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Courses
Thapar University Admission 2019 Counselling for ME/M.Tech has been started. Thapar University is located in Patiala, Punjab. The University provides admission to the candidates in the UG, PG and Ph.D programmes. The admission is done on the basis of national level tests scores or merit list of the qualifying examination. Also the university individually conducts its entrance exams for admission in various other courses. Through this article, we have provided the complete details related to Thapar University Admission 2019.
Thapar University 2019 Notifications
The Application Form of Thapar University Admission 2020 will be released in the month of February 2020.
Check here all details about the Thapar University 2019 2019 seat allotment & further admission process. Click here for all updates.
Thapar University 2019 Counselling for ME/M.Tech has been started. Check here for counselling details.
Thapar University 2019 List of qualified candidates for LE has been released on 3rd July 2019. Check here for merit list details.
Thapar University 2019 application for all course has been started from 27th February 2019. Check here for application form.
Thapar University provides various UG, PG and Doctoral level courses which are mentioned below:
- UG Courses: IEP, BE Lateral entry, BE, BE – MBA, etc.
- PG Courses: ME – M.Tech, MCA, Master in Psychology, MSc, PG Diploma (Professional) in clinical and counseling Psychology, etc.
Thapar University Admission Dates 2019
Below we have provided the tentative dates related to the Thapar University Admission 2019:
|Last date to apply for online application form (Phase 2)||3rd June 2019|
|Short-listing of Candidates||15th June 2019|
|GD/PI Process, Scholarship Test & Thapar’s MBA Entrance Test*||26th June 2019|
Venue – Dera Bassi Campus
|29th June 2019|
Venue – New Delhi
|Intimation to selected candidates||2nd July 2019|
|Final Counselling & Fee Deposit||13th July 2019|
|Start of academic session||15th July 2019|
For All other Courses:
|Events||B.E/B.Tech||LEET, M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/M.A, PG Diploma|
|Last date to apply for application||29th April 2019||LEET – 15th June 2019 M.Sc,MCA,M.E/M.Tech/M.A, PG Diploma (Professional) In Clinical and Counselling Psychology: 30th June 2019.|
|Date of test qualifying||On the basis of JEE Main||Offline Tests conducted by TIET|
LEET: 23rd June 2019
M.E/M.Tech (for programs offered by CSED,CED,MED, ECED): 10th July 2019
|Result display||15th May 2019||LEET: 3rd July 2019|
ME/MTech: 15th July 2019
|Counselling Commenced||6th May 2019||LEET: 19th July 2019ME/MTech: 17th-18th July 2019|
For Executive MBA:
|Last date to apply for online application form||15th January 2019|
|Interview process||17th January 2019 to 19th January 2019|
|Intimation to selected candidates||23rd January 2019|
|Online Counselling & Fee Deposition||31st January 2019|
|Start of academic session||2nd February 2019|
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Thapar University 2019 Application Form
Candidates are advised to go through the information brochure before filling the Thapar University 2019 Application form. The details related to the application form are provided below:
- The application form is available for MBA course to the candidates through online mode.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details such as name, address, mobile number, email id, etc. on the application form correctly.
- The application form for other courses has been provided from 27th February 2019.
- Aspirants should also keep the print out copy of the application form for further use in the admission process.
- After the filling up of the application form, candidates can send it along with the DD to the address below:
In-charge Admission cell,
Thapar University of Engineering & Technology,
Patiala, Punjab – 147 004
- For BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/ME and Ph.D courses – Rs.1500/-.
- For M.Sc/M.A/MBA programme – Rs.1000/-.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online by the way of debit/credit/net banking or by Demand Draft. In case of payment through DD, candidates can draw it in the favour of Thapar University, payable at Patiala.
Thapar University Admission 2020 will be started from the month of July 2020. This University provides admission in various UG/PG courses like B. Tech, M. Tech, BCA, MCA, B. Tech Biotechnology, BE-MBA, M. Sc, M.A. etc. to the eligible candidates. The admission is provided through university level entrance test organized by the university. The admission will also be offered through scores of national level exams like JEE Main, GATE, CAT etc.
Before applying for Thapar University Admission 2019, candidates must make sure that they must satisfy the eligibility criteria as per various courses. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below:
For B.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed in the intermediate level examination or its equivalent from a recognized board or University.
- Percentage: Candidates must have qualified with at least 60% marks (for general candidates) and for ST/SC candidates aggregate marks are 55% with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Entrance Exam: It is necessary for the candidates to attain the JEE Mains ≥ 72 marks. Those who have scored the JEE Main ≥ 48 marks have to attain 80% marks in 10+2. SC/ST categories have to attain the JEE MAINS ≥ 30 with 75% marks in 10+2 exams.
- Candidates applying for B.E/B.Tech Lateral Entry are required to qualify the LEET-TU with minimum 20% marks (for general) in aggregate (15% for ST/SC).
- Candidates with diploma degree in respective field can also apply.
For B.Tech (Biotechnology):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed in their intermediate level exam with minimum aggregate marks of 60%. For ST/SC candidates – 55%
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Entrance Exam: Candidate must have secured aggregate marks of 20% in the NEET exam. For ST/SC candidates’ minimum aggregate marks to be scored in NEET is 15%.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in BE/B.Tech with relevant specialization.
- Entrance Exam: Candidate must have a valid GATE score card.
- Candidate qualified with 60% (ST/SC-55%)aggregate marks in GATE do not need to appear for the entrance test.
Thapar University Admission Procedure 2019
Thapar University 2019 Admission will be provided to the candidates on the basis of the merit list prepared by the university. For some of the courses, the admission will be based on entrance test conducted by the University.
While in few courses like B.Tech and M.Tech the admission will be provided through the scores of JEE Main, GATE etc. Shortlisted candidates will be eligible to proceed for further admission rounds.
Thapar University Entrance Exam 2019
To get admission in some of the courses, it is necessary for the candidates to appear in the entrance tests organized by the University. The examination will be organized through offline mode.
Thapar University will organize the entrance exams for BE (lateral entry), M.Tech/M.E (only for programs offered by ECED, CSED, CED and MED) and PhD programmes. Candidates will receive their Thapar University admit card in their registered Email ID.
Thapar University Result/Merit 2019
Thapar University Result 2019 will be released by the online mode. A Separate merit list will be prepared by the University for the candidates who are applying for admission in the basis of GATE/NEET/JEE Mains scorecard.
The merit list/result will be published in the month of June of July 2019. On the basis of the merit list, students will be able to proceed for the counselling procedure.
Thapar University Counselling 2019
After the release of result and merit list, Thapar University Counselling 2019 will be started. The counselling process will be carried out in various rounds through offline mode. Admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of availability of seats and merit in various institutions.
The first priority for admission will be given to the national level exam qualifiers. Candidates must carry the following documents while attending the counselling rounds:
- 12th level certificates
- Character certificate
- Copy of the filled application form
- Result and admit card of entrance exam (if applicable)
- Score card of the qualifying exam
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
Thapar University Admission 2019
Admission in Thapar University 2019 will be first provided to the candidates who have qualified national level exams. Thapar Univesity Admission 2019 will be started from the month of June or July.
Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of availability of seats and merit.If in case the seats remain vacant, then the seats will be allotted according to the order of merit list.
If you have any query related to Thapar University Admission 2019, you can ask your query in the below comments section.