UCEED 2021: Counselling (Started), Seat Allotment, Cut Off, Admission
UCEED 2021 Seat Allotment (1st Round) has been released on 10th April 2021 for B.Des. UCEED is a national level entrance exam organized every year. This exam is organized for providing admission into UG design courses. Students can get admission into B.Des programme. It has been held under the guidance of UCEED Admission Committee. Students who will qualify the entrance exam will be eligible for admission into various campuses – IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur. The UCEED will be open for all Indian as well as Foreign national candidates. In this article we have provided complete details about UCEED 2021 dates, result, cut off etc.
UCEED 2021 Notifications – 1st Allotment Released (B.Des)
UCEED 2021 Seat Allotment (1st Round) has been released on 10th April 2021. Check here for allotment details.
UCEED 2021 Exam Dates
Know complete UCEED exam dates for various events in the below given table:
|Starting of Online Application||9th September 2020|
|Last date to apply (without late fee)||10th November 2020|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||12th November 2020|
|Release of Admit card||1st January 2021|
|Last date for correction in discrepancies in admit card||7th January 2021|
|UCEED 2021 Examination||17th January 2021|
|Release of Answer key||21st January 2021|
|Last date to send comments for answer key||24th January 2021|
|Release of final answer key||31st January 2021|
|Declaration of results & download of score card||10th March 2021|
|Application for B. Des programme||13th to 31st March 2021|
|1st round seat allotment||10th April 2021|
|2nd round seat allotment||10th May 2021|
|3rd round seat allotment||10th June 2021|
|Supplementary round 1||30th July 2021|
|Supplementary round 2 (Final round)||18th August 2021|
UCEED 2021 Admission
Candidates who have selected in the rank list /merit list of UCEED are eligible for admission/ counselling. Students must have to apply for admission at IIITDM Jabalpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad & other participating institutions.
For counselling participation in these campuses, students must have to fill the common application form from 13th March 2021 available online at IIT Bombay admission portal, make choices of institution as per preference order.
Also, students are required to pay the counselling fee. Seat allotment is occur in various rounds. Students will also required to submit their necessary documents for verification purpose.
UCEED 2021 Result
UCEED Result has been declared on 10th March 2021. Students can check their result only through online mode. For obtaining the result, students are required to enter their necessary login details.
The authority has published the merit list which will indicate the candidate’s rank obtained in the exam. Also students through merit list can get to know their qualifying status.
UCEED 2021 Scorecard
Students are able to download the scorecard of UCEED after the declaration of result. To get the scorecard students must have to enter their login credentials.
The scorecard is available only through online mode. No hardcopy of it has been made available to the candidates separately. Candidates who have successfully qualified the UCEED are only able to download the scorecard.
UCEED 2021 Cut Off
To be eligible for UCEED admission, students will be required to qualify the exam by securing the prescribed UCEED cut off. Only those students name will be included in the rank list who will obtain the qualifying marks.
The cut off will be released online on the website for various categories. The cut off will be prescribed for various categories separately. Cut off will be set depending upon various factors – difficulty level of paper, no of candidates appearing for test, number of available seats, etc.
UCEED 2021 Merit List
The merit/ rank list of UCEED 2021 has been made available by online mode. For the further admission procedure, only the candidates who have selected in the merit list will be eligible. Rank list has been prepared on the basis of total marks (Part A and B) obtained in the exam.
The cut off marks for various categories to be in the rank list are mentioned below:
|Category Rank List||Minimum marks in percentage||Minimum total marks|
|Common rank List||10%||100|
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
UCEED 2021 Application Form
UCEED 2021 Application Form details can be checked by the students in the below given section:
- UCEED 2021 Application Form has been released on 9th September 2020.
- Students are able to register for UCEED through online mode.
- UCEED 2021 Application Process follow various steps – Online registration, filling up of application details, uploading of necessary documents & making payment of application fee.
- Student at the time of uploading process of application are required to upload their photograph & signature, PwD/ DA certificate, Qualifying exam certificates, ST/ SC/ OBC-NCL Certificate, etc. as per the specified format and size.
- Also, in case of mistakes in the application details students will be able to make correction through sending an email to the officials.
- For UCEED, students are able to submit the application till 10th November 2020 (without late fee) and till 12th November 2020 (with late fee).
Payment Mode: UCEED Application Fee can be paid through online mode. Students must pay the fee before the last date as after the last date extra application fee will be charged.
For Examination Centers in India:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||For ST/SC/PwD/Female candidates||Rs.1750|
|For All other candidates||Rs. 3500|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 350|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 450|
For Examination Centers in Dubai:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||All Indian Nationals||USD 350|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 350|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 450|
UCEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students can check below details of UCEED Eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Indian/ Foreign/ PIO/ OCI Card Holders are eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: Open category or OBC – NCL candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1996 to be eligible to apply. While ST/ SC/ PwD candidates, should have been born after October 1, 1991.
- Attempts: Students will be able to attempt UCEED exam for maximum of two times. UCEED scorecard is valid for 1 year time period.
- Qualifying Exam: Passed 12th level or its equivalent with any stream – Science, Commerce, Arts and Humanities from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Students who are appearing for 12th level can also apply.
UCEED 2021 Exam Pattern
Know details of UCEED Exam Pattern in the below given section:
- Mode of Paper: UCEED has been held on 17th January 2021 in online mode.
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours is given for completing the paper.
- Sections: There will be two part in paper i.e. Part I and Part II. In part I there will be 3 sections.
- Questions Type: The question paper will have numerical type of questions for Section A, Multiple select questions in Section B and Multiple choice questions in Section C.
- Number of questions: Total of 68 questions will be there in the paper.
- Total Marks: Paper will be of 240 marks.
- Medium Language of Paper: Paper has been made available in the medium language of English.
Know distribution of questions and marks for UCEED:
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|Part A (240 marks)|
|Part B (60 marks)|
|Total (Part A & Part B combined): 300 marks|
UCEED 2021 Syllabus
UCEED 2021 Syllabus can be checked by the students through online mode. The questions in the paper will be from various topics – Visualization and Spatial ability, Observation & Design sensitivity, Environmental and Social awareness, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning and Design thinking and problem solving.
Know Syllabus details in brief for Part A and B for the topics mentioned below:
Visualization and Spatial Ability: Diagrammatic questions & pictorial questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 3D objects and 2D shapes and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Environmental and Social Awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, sculpture, history of art and literature. General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, vegetation, etc.
Observation and Design Sensitivity: Candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, situations, and thinking critically about them, people and events will be checked. Also through this section, candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning: Candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
Student’s ability to use structured thinking and logic to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question will be also seen.
Language and Creativity: Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to understand and use Standard English, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will seen in this section.
Design thinking and problem: In this section, ability to use metaphors, visual analogies, ability to understand complexity, signs and symbols, identify problem, evaluate options and select solutions generate alternatives will be checked, etc.
Drawing: Ability to draw people, scenes or products, in proportion with good line quality perspective composition, proportion and shading.
UCEED 2021 Preparation Tips
Go through UCEED preparation tips below for better preparation of the exam:
- Get complete UCEED syllabus, exam pattern & marking scheme details before starting the exam preparation.
- Make notes for UCEED exam preparation and note down the important points at one place.
- Go for online and offline mock tests to analyze your preparation.
- Solve sample and model paper for a good practice for exam.
- Practice for exam from good set of study material.
UCEED 2021 Admit Card
The Admit Card of UCEED 2021 has been made available for download from 1st January 2021. Admit card can be downloaded by online mode entering candidate’s registered user id & password.
Student also have to carry their photo id proof with the admit card to get entry. Candidates are advised to check details present in the admit card and contact officials if any discrepancy arises.
UCEED 2021 Answer Key
Students are able to download the answer key after the exam. It has been made available on 21st January 2021. The authority has released the draft answer key first. Candidates are also allowed to make objections against the answer key if found.
Final answer key has been released by the authority after making necessary changes (if any) on 31st January 2021.
If you have any other query related to UCEED 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.