Admission under NRI/NRI Sponsored Categories
This is for the information of all concerned that the seats under NRI / NRI Sponsored Category in all the participating universities except WBNUJS, Kolkata, West Bengal, shall be filled by the concerned Universities independently on the basis of CLAT merit and not through CLAT office.
Procedure for seeking admission under NRI/NRI sponsored categories
The candidates are advised to contact the concerned University directly for admission formalities, eligibility, documents required and other related queries for seeking admission under NRI / NRI sponsored category.
The detailed information regarding admission under NRI / NRI Sponsored Category in WBNUJS, Kolkata, (West Bengal) is mentioned here under:
Seats: UG – 17; PG – NIL
Through CLAT Office: CLAT Office shall issue the list of students eligible for taking admission under this category.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is a NRI/OCI or PIO Card
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is a NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of student over the next 5 years.
Who can be a sponsor for the NRI Sponsored Students
- The person who sponsors the student for admission shall be a first degree relation of the student and shall be ordinarily residing abroad as a Non Resident Indian
- If the student has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative, such students also may be considered for admission provided the guardian has bonafide treated the student as a ward and such guardian shall file and affidavit indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and also his/her relationship with the student and such person also shall be Non Resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.