ACET 2020: Admit Card, Exam Date (Postponed), Exam Pattern, Syllabus
ACET 2020 Exam has been postponed. Admit Card is releasing soon. The exam is organized to offer admission in Actuaries courses in Indian institutions. It is a university level examination which is conducted thrice in one year. IAI (Institutes of Actuaries of India) is the conducting authority of Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET). Through ACET, qualified candidates will be admitted as student members of IAI. Here, candidates can study in detail regarding ACET 2020 including exam dates, eligibility criteria, application form, etc.
ACET 2020 Notifications – Exam Postponed
ACET 2020 Admit Card is releasing soon for May session exam. Check here for admit card details.
ACET 2020 Exam has been postponed. The new exam date will be announced soon.
ACET 2020 Exam Dates
The ACET 2020 exam dates will be different for both months i.e., February & May 2020. The official Feb & May dates are as follows:
|Registration starts||13th March 2020|
|Registration closes||30th June 2020|
|Release of admit card||July 2020|
|ACET 2020 May exam date||July 2020 (Postponed)|
|Result announcement||July 2020|
|Last date for membership admission for those who wants to appear for September 2020 Examination||July 2020|
February Session 2020:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Registration starts||5th December 2019|
|Last date for registration||7th February 2020 (Extended)|
|Availability of hall ticket||15th February 2020|
|ACET 2020 February exam||29th February 2020 (10:00 am to 1:00 pm)|
|Result date||7th March 2020|
|Last date for membership admission for those who wants to appear for June 2020 Examination||9th April 2020|
ACET 2020 Admit Card
The ACET 2020 admit card will be made available soon for May session exam. It will be available through online mode. For May session, it will be made available from July 2020.
Candidates will have to carry print out the ACET admit card along with the valid photo ID proof in the exam centre. 12th standard candidates will have to carry their 12th class admit card or school ID with attached photograph. Candidates without all these required documents will not be allowed to permit for his/her exam.
ACET 2020 Exam Pattern
The details regarding ACET 2020 Exam Pattern will be as follow:
- Questions Type: The MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked.
- Exam Mode: The ACET examination will be online (Computer-based) mode.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be of 3 hours.
- Sections: There will be two sections for ACET 2020.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry different mark for different sections.
- Negative Marking: For 1 mark question, 0.5 marks will be deducted, for 2 marks question, 1 mark will be deducted and for 3 marks question, 1.5 marks will be deducted.
|No. of questions||Marking (for correct answer)||Negative Marking|
ACET 2020 Syllabus
The ACET 2020 syllabus will include the two sections. Section 1 will comprise of topics as Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation. Section 2 will comprise of topics as English & Logical Reasoning.
Some common topics from each main topic of ACET 2020 Section 1 are:
Mathematics – Some common topics will be Notation & standard functions, Numerical methods, Algebra, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors and Matrices.
Statistics – Some common topics will be Permutations & combinations, Types of Data, Measures of location & spread, Probabilities, Discrete random variables & distributions, Continuous random variables & distributions, Correlation & Regression.
Data Interpretation – Some common topics will be Tables, Column graphs, Bar graphs and Line chart, Pie-chart, Venn Diagrams and Caselets.
Some common topics from each main topic of ACET 2020 Section 2 are:
English- Some common topics will be Vocabulary based, English grammar usage, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Cloze passage, Verbal reasoning & much more.
Logical Reasoning- Some common topics will be Number & letter series, calendars, Clocks, Cube, Blood relations and much more.
Some preparation tips for ACET 2020 are given below:
- Manage your time according to the exam dates.
- Study as per the official syllabus & topics.
- Practice as much as you can from various practice sets.
- Do revise all the topics on regular-basis.
- Keep yourself healthy & fit.
- Be aware of the marking scheme & do questions accordingly.
The cities of ACET 2020 exam will be Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Indore, Nagpur, Ranchi, Kochi, Bhubaneshwar, Dehradun, Patna, Vizag, Coimbatore, Surat, Guwahati and Raipur.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
ACET 2020 Result
The ACET 2020 result will be released through online mode. Candidates will have to login the detail to view their result. No printed result will be sent by the institute to candidates individually.
ACET result for February session will be available by 7th March 2020 & for May session by 8th July 2020.
For taking students membership in IAI, candidates result will only be valid for 3 years from result declaration date.
ACET 2020 Cut-Off
The ACET 2020 cut-off will be the minimum marks to qualify the examination. To qualify the exam candidates will have to secure atleast 50% marks in the ACET 2020 entrance examination.
The candidates who will score the marks equal or above than the cut-off marks will further be called for counselling or admission procedure.
ACET 2020 Admission Procedure
After qualifying the ACET 2020 exam, candidates will have to register themselves for the “Student Membership” again.
The student membership acceptance will be subject to production of attested original copies of education certificate.
Those candidates who will get short-listed in the merit list will be able to attend counselling/admission procedure for admission in actuaries.
Candidates have to register on the website by filling the “Student Membership Form”. The Application cum Payment Confirmation Form will be sent with attested documents in the given address:
Institute of Actuaries of India,
302, Indian Globe Chambers, 142, Fort Street,
Off DN Road, Near CST (VT) Station, Mumbai – 400001
ACET 2020 Application Form
The details for ACET 2020 Application Form are as follow:
- The application form has been made available through online mode.
- ACET 2020 May application form has been made available from 13th March 2020 to 30th June 2020.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph & signature while filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill all the details carefully in the application form and submit it on time.
- At the last do not forget to take the printout of the application form for future use.
- The ACET application fee will be paid through credit card/debit card/net-banking.
- The mode of payment will be online.
- The fee payment for all categories will be Rs. 3000/-, including Sample Question Paper, Indicative Solution and Online Exam.
Candidates will only be eligible, if they will fulfill the following eligibility criteria of ACET 2020:
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit for ACET 2020 examination.
- Qualification: The candidate should have passed intermediate or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Mandatory: English will be the mandatory subject in class 12th level.
- Appearing candidates will also be eligible.
- Graduated, post-graduated, engineering students, management students, CA, CS, degree holders in Mathematics will also be eligible to appear in the examination.
Candidates can ask their queries regarding ACET 2020 by leaving the comment below in the comment box.