CEED 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Preparation, Syllabus
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED 2018) is the national level examination conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. It is the prerequisite examination for admission to M.Des and Ph.D programmes in design. CEED scores are used for admission to M.Des courses in IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur and in many other institutions. Interested candidates can get complete information about CEED 2018 including application process, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, etc.
CEED 2018 Exam Date
Here, we are mentioning all the important dates of CEED 2018:
|Application Form Release Date||3rd week of October 2017|
|Application Submission Last Date without late fee||2nd week of November 2017|
|Application Submission Last Date with late fee||3rd week of November 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||4th week of December 2017|
|Last date to rectify discrepancy in admit card (if any)||2nd week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||4th week of January 2018|
|Publication of draft Answer Key for Part A||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date for sending comments about Part-A Answer Key||4th week of January 2018|
|Release of Final Answer Key||1st week of February 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card||3rd week of March 2018|
CEED Application Form 2018
- CEED 2018 registration will begin from the third week of October 2017.
- Application will be submitted online only through the official website of CEED.
- Candidates who will submit the application form after the closing date have to submit the late fee of Rs. 500/- along with the application fee.
- The application process will continue till the second week of November 2017.
- Applicants are required to upload scanned copies of signature, photograph, category certificate and degree/diploma certificate (in case of the completion of course).
- Only completely filled application form will be accepted.
Application fee details of CEED 2018 is as follows:
- For General candidates – Rs. 2200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD and Women candidates – Rs. 1100/-
Only credit card, debit card and net banking options are available for submitting the CEED application fee. The application fee is non refundable.
Candidates those wish to apply for CEED examination must check all the eligibility conditions that are necessary to apply:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess degree/diploma/postgraduate degree of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2).
Passed GD Arts Diploma programme (10+5) by July 2017.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing the qualifying examination can also fill the CEED application form.
- No Age Limit: There is no prescribed age limit to apply for CEED.
- Number of Limits: Candidates can appear CEED any number of times.
CEED 2018 Exam Pattern
The details about the CEED exam pattern 2018 is given below:
- Course: CEED is an examination for admission to M.Des and Ph.D courses in design.
- Number of papers: CEED is conducted in two parts i.e. Part-A and Part-B. Part B tests the candidate designing and drawing skills. It is mandatory for the candidates to pass the Part-A in order to qualify for Part-B.
- Mode of Examination: Part-A is a computer based test (CBT) while part-B is the paper based test. For Part-B, questions will be displayed on the answer but students have to write the answer in the answer book provided by the examiner.
- Language of Question Paper: The language of question paper will be English only.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 50 questions in Part-A. Part-A contains 3 sections. Section-1 will contain 5 questions, Section-2 will contain 10 questions and the remaining 35 question will be contained by Section-3.
- Type of Questions: Part A contains objective type questions (MCQ, Multiple Select Questions and Numerical Answer Questions).
- Exam Duration: Candidates must attempt Part-A in 1 hour and Part-B in 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be provided to each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking for Part-A. 0.6 mark be deducted in first and third sections of part-A.
CEED 2018 Syllabus
CEED is an aptitude test which is conducted in two parts. Candidates can prepare the part-A on topics such as Visualization and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem Solving, Observation and Design Sensitivity.
Part-B will assess candidates drawing skills, Creativity, Communication Skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Previous years question papers are also available on CEED website. Candidates can also practice these question papers.
How to Prepare for CEED
Some of the tips on how to score good marks in CEED 2018 is given below:
- Practice Previous Years Question Papers: Solve previous years question papers to get the overview about exam pattern and to analyse the difficulty level of exam.
- Practice Mock Test: Appear mock test.
- Creativity skills: Think out of the box and come up with a unique solution.
- Drawing skills: Strong your drawing skills. You ability to draw products, people and scenes will be tested during the examination.
- Stay Calm: Before appearing for the exam, the aspirants must remain calm and composed.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
CEED 2018 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued online only to all applicants.
- CEED 2018 hall ticket will be available for downloading from last week of December 2017 till one day before the examination.
- Candidates should take a printout of admit card before going to the examination.
CEED Answer Key
- The authority will publish the CEED answer key 2018 in the 4th week of January 2018.
- After receiving comments on draft Part-A answer key, the final answer key will be released in the first week of February 2018.
- CEED 2018 results will be declared on official website.
- The result will be announced in the second week of March 2018 tentatively.
- After few days of the result declaration, candidates will be able to download the CEED score card.
- Merit list will be drawn on the basis of Part-B exam only.
CEED Score Card
- The expected date for the release of CEED Score card will be third week of March 2018.
- It will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of result.
CEED 2018 Admission
IIT Bombay does not have any responsibility to conduct the admission/counselling process. On the basis of CEED scores, candidates can apply in the respective institutions for taking admission. Admitting institutions may further conduct tests/interviews for final selection and admission.
For any queries regarding CEED 2018, you may leave your comments below.