CEED 2020: Application Form (Extended), Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
CEED 2020 Application Form has been extended till 13th November 2019. The exam will be conducted on 18th January 2020 by IIT Bombay on behalf of MHRD, Government of India. It is a national level entrance exam organized every year with an objective to offer admission into M. Des and PhD programmes. All the candidates who want to get the admission in these courses have to necessarily clear the CEED entrance test. This test will be held at around 21 cities across India. Admission will be provided in M.Des in various renowned institutions like IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Bombay, IIT and other institutions. Through this article candidates can check the complete details of CEED 2020.
CEED 2020 Notification – Application Extended Till 13th Nov
CEED 2020 Application Form has been extended till 13th November 2019. Check Here for application details.
CEED 2020 New Changes Introduced
- As per the new changes introduced, the CEED 2020 exam pattern and syllabus has been revised.
- From year 2019, the number of exam cities has been increased from 20 to 24.
- Candidates can apply after the last date of registration by paying late fee of Rs.500.
CEED 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided the official CEED 2020 exam dates for various events of the exam:
|Important Events||Dates 2020|
|Starting of Online Registration||9th October 2019|
|Last date of registration without late fee||13th November 2019|
|Last date of Registration with late fee of Rs.500||10th-16th November 2019|
|Release of Admit card||1st January 2020|
|CEED 2020 Exam||18th January 2020|
|Release of Answer key||21st January 2020|
|Sending of objections/comments regarding answer key||27th January 2020|
|Release of Final Answer key||4th February 2020|
|Announcement of Results||4th March 2020|
CEED 2020 Application Form
Check below all the details of CEED 2020 Application form:
- CEED 2020 Registration has begun from 9th October 2019 through online mode.
- To fill the application form, applicants have to follow various steps of application process – Online registration, filling necessary details, uploading of scanned documents and paying the application fee.
- Candidates must save the allotted application number for future reference provided during the application process.
- Students must fill all the details in the form carefully and choose the exam center correctly as no correction facility will be provided after final submission.
- Last date to register and fill the application form is till 13th November 2019. However, the board allows candidates to submit the application till 16th November 2019 with late fee.
CEED 2020 Application Fee must be submitted in online mode using debit card, credit card or net banking.
The application fee for various categories is as follows:-
- For SC/ST/PwD and women candidates – Rs.1300
- For all other candidates – Rs.2600
- Late registration fee is Rs.500/-
CEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Go through the complete CEED 2020 Eligibility criteria, before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or its equivalent after 10+2 level from a recognized board or university OR
He/she must have obtained a Professional Diploma in Design such as NID/CEPT or its equivalent after 10+2 level exams OR
He/she must have pursued a 5 year programme in G.D. Art with one year post qualification professional experience after 10th level exams OR
He/she must have passed Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) of 4 yrs after 10+2 level exams.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit prescribed to appear for the entrance exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply provided they must show passing proof at the time of admission.
- GATE Score: Candidates can also apply on the basis of their GATE 2020 Score.
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the CEED 2020 Exam pattern below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: CEED 2020 Test will be organized in the third week of January 2020 in Online CBT However Part B which will be drawing based will be conducted in offline mode.
- Parts: The question paper will be divided into two partse. Part A and part B.
- Number of Sections: Part A will consist of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: Part A will contain multiple select type and numerical answer type questions. Part B will contain drawing based questions.
- Time Duration: The exam will be of total 3 hours (Part A-1 hour; Part B- 2 hour).
- Total Marks: Part A and Part B will be of 100 marks each.
- Language Medium: Exam paper will be in English language.
- Weightage of Marks: 25% weightage of marks will be given in Part A and 75% weightage to Part B.
In the below table we have distributed number & type of questions and total marks scored in each section:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if Not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||0||30|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||0||20|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||-0.6||0||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2020 Syllabus
CEED 2020 Syllabus is divided into 2 parts:
Part A: Questions in Part A will be from the topics:
- Environmental and Social Awareness – Questions from General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, natural resources, etc., Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, etc . Implications on the design of infrastructure, products, images and environment.
- Visualization and Spatial Ability – Questions will be based on Pictorial or diagrammatic questions to assess the understanding of transformation or manipulation of 2D and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Language and Creativity – Questions will test candidate’s ability to understand passages in commonly used English Languages. Ability to distinguish innovative options, ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives and think out of the box.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning – This section will contain questions which will test candidate’s ability to describe given information logically and select the most accurate solutions. The test will check the candidate’s ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage with a number of statements is the most absolute response to a posed question.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity – Candidates ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them.
- Design Thinking and Problem solving – Questions will check candidates ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and choose the most accurate solution for a given design problem.
Part B: Questions in Part B will cover various topics:
Drawing – Candidate’s ability to draw products, composition, proportion, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, perspective and shading will be checked.
Communication skills – Candidates ability to communicate idea and concepts clearly using text and visuals will be checked.
Problem Identification skills – In this part B test, the students knowledge of appropriate use in design and ability, properties of materials and process, understanding of the user and the context, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, stories, etc. will be checked.
Creativity – The ability to think out of the box and come up with diverse as well as unique solutions will be seen in this section.
CEED 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below preparation tips to enhance your exam preparation and qualify the exam successfully:
- Prepare an exam preparation routine including all the important topics of the exam. Follow the study schedule daily.
- Review the whole syllabus, exam pattern and marking pattern before beginning your preparation.
- Solve sample papers or previous year papers to know the question trends.
- While preparing for the exam, make short notes and note all the important concepts and points. Revise these notes regularly.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
CEED 2020 Admit Card
CEED 2020 Admit Card will be released by online mode from 1st–18th January 2020. Registered candidates can access and download their admit cards using their registration id and password.
Details in the admit card of CEED will mention candidate’s name, date of birth, roll number, photograph, signature, test date, test city, test time, test center name and address. Candidates must go through the complete instructions present in the admit card before appearing for the exam.
CEED 2020 Answer Key
After completion of entrance exam, CEED 2020 Answer key will be released by the board. the answer key will be published in PDF format on 21st January 2020.
Also candidates can send their objections or comments related to answer key till 27th January 2020. The final Answer key will be released online on 4th February 2020.
CEED 2020 Result
Students will be able to check their CEED 2020 Result through online mode. The results will be announced on 4th March 2020.
Students can check their result using their registration id/email id and date of birth/password.
Students qualifying the exam (Part A and Part B) successfully will get shortlisted in the merit list for further admission process.
CEED 2020 Scorecard
Few days after the release of results, candidates can also download their CEED 2020 Scorecard. Scorecard will display important details of the candidate and rank, merit rank and qualifying status.
The Scorecard will be valid for one year period after the declaration of results.
CEED 2020 Cut Off
Candidates have to secure minimum cut off marks to get selected for further admission rounds. On clearing the Part A exam, candidates will appear for Part B exam.
The cut off for Part B will be prepared on the basis of various factors like – number of appearing candidates, number of seats available, difficulty level of test and number of qualifying candidates.
To shortlist OBC-NCL candidates, the cut off marks are 90% of the open category. However, for ST/SC/PWD candidates, it will be 50% of the open category.
CEED 2020 Merit List
CEED 2020 Merit List will be published soon after the release of results through online mode. The board will prepare and publish the merit list on the basis of marks secured in the Part B exam.
Candidates have to first clear their Part A exam to appear for Part B. After successfully Part A and then Part B exam, qualifying candidates will be selected in merit list for the next counselling process.
CEED 2020 Admission
On the basis of CEED 2020 Scores, the qualified candidates have to apply in various respective institutions. No admission/counselling process will be organized by the board for CEED 2020 Admission.
The individual institutions will organize aptitude test or interview for the candidates. Admission will be provided to the candidates after analyzing their aptitude test or interview performance and score of entrance exam.
If you have any query regarding CEED 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.